No announcement yet.

who can listen to this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who can listen to this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been reading up on rock music and the famous rock stars (from a Christian site and when i read up on guys like Osborne and Manson all i can say is WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO LISTENS TO THIS KINDA STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These guys are just gone and do some of the weirdest most sickening stuff on stage.What kinda people could go to a concert ad have the singer throw animal guts or urinate or defacate on the Cross on stage and see it as entertainment. Manson even threw a puppy into the crowd and told them to kill it and they did. Something is seriously wrong with people.

Originally posted by motormouf View Post
    I've been reading up on rock music and the famous rock stars (from a Christian site and when i read up on guys like Osborne and Manson all i can say is WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO LISTENS TO THIS KINDA STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These guys are just gone and do some of the weirdest most sickening stuff on stage.What kinda people could go to a concert ad have the singer throw animal guts or urinate or defacate on the Cross on stage and see it as entertainment. Manson even threw a puppy into the crowd and told them to kill it and they did. Something is seriously wrong with people.
    The band Gorgoroth crucified two women by mistake during a concert.

Comment

It is a very intense reminder that, no matter how much we believe ourselves to be "civilized," when caught up in a raucous mob mentality, or any which fires and intensifies our primal instincts, we will not stop at anything.

Kind of a real-world application of Lord of the Flies, or why the Romans could enjoy gladiatorial games for centuries.

Then again, it could just be that people enjoy the music, at least as far as LISTENING goes.

Some of these guys have created a certain image for themselves, and the concerts have to project that image in ever increasingly disgusting ways, or they'll lose their fanbase of insane teenagers (and in some cases middle-aged men and women still living in their parents' basement wearing twenty-year-old "ROCK ON!" t-shirts).
      Last edited by Buzzword; Nov 4th 2009, 01:59 PM.
      Always give God credit first.

"Dost thou think because thou art virtuous there shall be no more cakes and ale?"
      -Sir Toby, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare

James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by motormouf View Post
        Manson even threw a puppy into the crowd and told them to kill it and they did.
        No he didn't. (Snopes)

Originally posted by Xel'Naga View Post
        The band Gorgoroth crucified two women by mistake during a concert.
        Do you have sources for this? The Internet at large informs me that Gorgoroth uses "crucified" models as part of their stage show, but the only source stating that they actually crucified someone is, well, this thread.
        "We are symbols and inhabit symbols; workmen, work, and tools, words and things, birth and death, all are emblems; but we sympathize with the symbols, and being infatuated with the economical uses of things, we do not know that they are thoughts." - Emerson, "The Poet" (Essays, Second Series)

Comment

Originally posted by Luke34 View Post
          No he didn't. (Snopes)

Do you have sources for this? The Internet at large informs me that Gorgoroth uses "crucified" models as part of their stage show, but the only source stating that they actually crucified someone is, well, this thread.

regardless of if its true. you gotta wonder who can like this stuff when u hear the message. I heard about people singing songs about committing suicide and kids listening to it and killing them selves etc (suicide solution) . Manson and co dress like women and look like zombies and throw rats and crap into the crowd much to the delight of the crowd. Call me cheap but thers no way id pay my money for anyone to do that to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke34 View Post
            I'll have to find the story, it happened back in 2004.

Edit* Might have been a trick of my mind, all I can find information on is their crucifixion shows in Poland.

Comment

Marilyn Manson is a complete joke. He's all show, no substance.

Not only is his music offensive, but it's not even that good to begin with. Kind of boring, IMO.

It seems to me like he tries too hard to shock. Who can take that stuff seriously? I just think that people get carried away with the hype, and that's why they get all crazy.

Comment

deep down, Manson hates his dad.

Comment

LOL

Really, Metal? Did he say that in an interview? I don't really follow the guy...never read any interviews

Comment

Originally posted by Xel'Naga View Post
                    I'll have to find the story, it happened back in 2004.

Edit* Might have been a trick of my mind, all I can find information on is their crucifixion shows in Poland.
                    I remember watching a metal documentary on VH1 once that included an interview with one of the band members who said that they draw their ideology and inspiration from Satan.

Comment

Well the thing is, these people generally aren't Godly folks like us and thus their perspective on what's acceptable in music and what is not is quite different from ours. Plus I think Ozzy and Manson, in addition to many others, have lyrics which relate to the hearts of people with unresolved issues like anger, grudges or depression. And since they're in low spirits, they're more likely to enjoy those kinds of things. Doing things destructive or disrespectful are enjoyable for them, I don't fully know why.

And as for the defaming the cross and performing mock crucifixions, remember that Satan is the ruler of the world system in all of its anti-God and anti-Christianity ways. These things appease to those people who are in their sinful nature and thus naturally more likely to enjoy doing rude things towards the Cross.

(Sorry, I think I got a little Scriptural there.)
                      Dext3r Ministries, my ministry blog.

Epic God is epic!

You are the Lord, our God. May I live by faith for you.

Comment

Manson is a preacher's kid, I think. I'm almost positive he attended a Christian school as a kid.

Comment

There is just a huge demonic spirit in this world and there are lots of ppl seeing to fit in somewhere, but they dont seek out Jesus. It's very scary to know what some people focus on everyday by listening to all that evil music. It's scary that it's widely accepted and mainstream. I just dont get it. At all.
                          I am not who I was 10 years ago, and I'm not who I will be in 10 years, thanks to Jesus!

Comment

I *think* I'm a bit old to be posting on here but I have something to say.. And I know alot of you will disagree with this, but, I really feel the need to voice my opinion.

Back when I was a teenager, I was badly bullied at school, so badly infact that the only way I could feel anything was by cutting myself, and watching myself bleed. At this point in my life I listened to a lot of this kind of music, and I'm pretty sure the only reason I'm alive now is because of this music. It let me know that I wasn't alone in the world, and at a time I thought the whole world hated me, there was some one there with me hating the world. These people are acting as a voice for the voiceless, and it's those voiceless people that need a friendly ear, and not to be vindicated by their choice of music. What more comfort could you bring these people then the comfort of coming to know God, and to be free in His presence?

Sorry for the rant..
                            Who am I that You would be mindful of me
                            To take the time, to hear me cry a faithless plea
                            Who am I that You would be mindful of me
                            To shed Your blood, that'd You be able to dwell in me

Jonah33 "Who Am I?"

Comment

Originally posted by RabbiKnife View Post
                              Manson is a preacher's kid, I think. I'm almost positive he attended a Christian school as a kid.
                              Manson himself has said that neither he nor his family were particularly religious. The only reason he attended the Christian school was, according to his parents, he would be guaranteed to get a better education (in accord with the stereotype that private schools are better than public schools).
                              To This Day

Comment

Working...
                              X