Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music

It seems like alot of the youth in here listen to metal. Any of ya listen to country? Thats about all I have been listening to for the past while.
    2 Corinthians 5:17 17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

I like country, but I mostly listen to contemporary christian or sports radio. I like all kinds of music but rap so.....

Comment

Johnny Cash - Hurt is a beautiful song, sung by a a guy who knew Jesus.
      "Few men are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline"
      -Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." - James 2:26

Watch This! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA - Christian Artist Lecrae

Comment

that is a great song. Johnny Cash was amazing.
        2 Corinthians 5:17 17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Comment

the good country is few and far between.

closest i get is 'band of horses'.

my dad loves country, so i do have a bit of a soft spot. except for the garbage on the radio. like, the new country stuff. it's undescribabley horrific, to me

i can think of worse genres though, for sure....

Comment

Country is pretty much the only form of music I really can't stand listening to.

Comment

I was getting a tatoo today and he (the artist) was playing Billy Joe Shaver throughout the parlor. The one song that stuck in my head is "If You Don't Love Jesus". That song is funny.

One of my favorite songs is "Hollywood Girl" by Jeffrey Steele and I LOVE the Dixie Chicks and I like some of Taylor Swift's songs. I like Billy Gilman, Travis Tritt, Reba McEntire, Deana Carter, and other random stuff.
              Romans 8:11

Comment

Originally posted by the inside out View Post
                I was getting a tatoo today and he (the artist) was playing Billy Joe Shaver throughout the parlor. The one song that stuck in my head is "If You Don't Love Jesus". That song is funny.

One of my favorite songs is "Hollywood Girl" by Jeffrey Steele and I LOVE the Dixie Chicks and I like some of Taylor Swift's songs. I like Billy Gilman, Travis Tritt, Reba McEntire, Deana Carter, and other random stuff.

I got alot of random stuff in my collection too. I got almost everything from nirvana to some metallica, Roger Miller to Montgomery Gentry.

Comment

Charlie Daniels counts right?
                  Jeremy, a bondservant of the Lord.

Today is a good day to die for Christ.

Comment

Yeah it does. The Devil Went Down to Georgia is a great song.

Comment

With county music you can't go wrong with Johnny Cash. I've listened to all his music at one point and they are all good. Kenny Rogers and another classic artist is Patsy Cline. I also really like Spaghetti Western music like the soundtracks to Clint Eastwood movies.

Classical, metal, trance, house, etc is all really good.
                      13Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 1 Corinthians

Comment

Originally posted by dirtball View Post
                        It seems like alot of the youth in here listen to metal. Any of ya listen to country? Thats about all I have been listening to for the past while.
                        Yes, I listen to some country, just like how I listen to some (not every type/form of) metal. I like Heavy (Hard Rock) Metal, 80's "Hair" Metal, Funk Metal and Christian Metal, but I'm not really into Black Metal, Death Metal, or any form of Metal that might put down God or be a band that recommends "burning down churches"...
                        ...Man, I despise that!!!

All in all though, I listen to many different styles other than just country or metal. A few of them would be:

- Blues.
                        - Jazz.
                        - Funk.
                        - Pop Rock.
                        - Christian (Rock, Pop & even Rap)!
                        - Alternative.
                        - Big-Band.
                        - Classic Rock.
                        - Chicano Rock.
                        - Disco.
                        - Rap/Hip Hop.
                        - R & B.
                        - Holiday.
                        - Soul.
                        - Hard Rock.
                        - Soft Rock.

In closing, Music is such a wonderful gift that the Lord has provided for us on this world that we live in called Earth. We should forever "praise him with stringed instruments and flutes! Praise him with a clash of cymbals; praise him with loud clanging cymbals. Let everything that lives sing praises to the Lord!

Praise the Lord!" (Psalm 150:4-6)

P.S. - The country artists that I like include Garth Brooks, Deana Carter, Shania Twain & Faith Hill. Not really anymore country artists have ever been much on my list save Travis Tritt, Colin Raye and Billy Ray Cyrus maybe.
                        PSALM-138:
                        I give you thanks, O Lord, with all my heart; I will sing your praises before the gods.I bow before your holy Temple as I worship.I will give thanks to your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness, because your promises are backed by all the honor of your name.When I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me the strength I need.

JOHN-3:16:
                        "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.They (sinners) hate the light because they want to sin in the darkness."

Comment

I listen to just about everything, country included, though some of the more "redneck-ish" songs (She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy, Redneck Woman, Honkytonk Badunkadunk, etc.) tend to get on my nerves.

I like the love songs, generally, but it tends to depend on the mood I'm in.

The only type of music I consistently can't stand is old-school bluegrass...just gets on my nerves hardcore.
                          Always give God credit first.

"Dost thou think because thou art virtuous there shall be no more cakes and ale?"
                          -Sir Toby, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare

James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzword View Post
                            I listen to just about everything, country included, though some of the more "redneck-ish" songs (She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy, Redneck Woman, Honkytonk Badunkadunk, etc.) tend to get on my nerves.

I like the love songs, generally, but it tends to depend on the mood I'm in.

The only type of music I consistently can't stand is old-school bluegrass...just gets on my nerves hardcore.
                            I love love love that song!!!
                            Romans 8:11

Comment

My sisters are huge fans for Honkeytonk Badonkadonk. They could listen to it all day without it getting old.

Comment

Working...
                              X