No announcement yet.

are all christians going to heaven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion are all christians going to heaven?

since there are so many denominations and beliefs which one is the right one?

No not all......most of the denominations have something diffrent from one another like added works.Roman Catholic chruch is a big and good example of this.The RCC teaches false doctrine like pray to Mary,Mary was sinless,pope(No need for one),pray for the dead,denys faith in Jesus Christ alone can save you from hell and a lot more i ca keep going on).The bible says that anyone who believes in the son of God will be saved from hell.But Cahtolics don't think it that way they think they have to get good works to get to jesus.All denominations are diffrent but RCC is a good example.

Comment

It is between each person and God. Just worry about yourself, not about what denomination to choose but whether you are right with God.

Comment

If someone has accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior and has given their life over to Him, they have a place waiting for them in Heaven...Baptist, Methodist, Evangelical, non-denominational...What denomination of Christian you are makes no difference to God.
        Jeremy, a bondservant of the Lord.

Today is a good day to die for Christ.

Comment

Denomenation matters little for salvation. Some places that call themselves churches arent Christian in there doctrine (they dont follow the Word) and so if you follow their doctrine you would be unlikely to be accepting Jesus as your atoning sacrifice. That is really the lynch pin in what being Christian is: accepting Jesus as your sacrifice... and then living like you have...
          "Few men are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline"
          -Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." - James 2:26

Watch This! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA - Christian Artist Lecrae

Comment

God knows all our hearts, there is no way to fool God, if there was then he would not be all powerful, or even be God. Many christians are not in church for God, some come because their mothers said they have too, some come to be seen, some come because of a girl they like that's in the church.

And not all churches are for God either, some are but need a revalation on the truth of God. I will not tell you an exact church to go too, but I will tell you that you should always go where God truly leads you, dont go to a church off of your own likings, for instance some people might go to a church that has alot of people and reglect that the truth and the power of God is moving in the small little church down the hill [I'm not saying at all that small churches are more of God than big, im saying that we need to get past flash and style, and get into Gods prescence.]
            Go to the church that God leads you too and the church that is based on the word of God not on mans belief.

One more point is that in Gods word the church is one Body not full of all different denomination, of course their local churches, but not denominations. look at it like this, if there so many churches out there that believe all different things, then obviously God's word is being distorted and mixed up.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleStance View Post
              God knows all our hearts, there is no way to fool God, if there was then he would not be all powerful, or even be God. Many christians are not in church for God, some come because their mothers said they have too, some come to be seen, some come because of a girl they like that's in the church.
              But you know what? Even if they're in church for the wrong reasons, they're still in church. You might find that these people start going to church for the right reasons even though they started off with the wrong reasons. They might go for the girl they like and end up meeting Jesus. They might go because their parents say they have to (in accordance with scripture) and in the end meet Jesus. They might go to be seen and to socialize and still meet Jesus.

As long as they aren't wolves or false teachers or leading people astray and into sin... Let them come to church. Even if for the wrong reasons they are still hearing the Gospel.

And not all churches are for God either, some are but need a revalation on the truth of God. I will not tell you an exact church to go too, but I will tell you that you should always go where God truly leads you, dont go to a church off of your own likings, for instance some people might go to a church that has alot of people and reglect that the truth and the power of God is moving in the small little church down the hill [I'm not saying at all that small churches are more of God than big, im saying that we need to get past flash and style, and get into Gods prescence.]
              Go to the church that God leads you too and the church that is based on the word of God not on mans belief.
              Right, God will lead you to a church... And if He doesn't then I'll disagree with you slightly. Then you go to a church you want to go to.

One more point is that in Gods word the church is one Body not full of all different denomination, of course their local churches, but not denominations. look at it like this, if there so many churches out there that believe all different things, then obviously God's word is being distorted and mixed up.
              Denominations and divisions are necessary, hate to break that news to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Xel'Naga View Post
                But you know what? Even if they're in church for the wrong reasons, they're still in church. You might find that these people start going to church for the right reasons even though they started off with the wrong reasons. They might go for the girl they like and end up meeting Jesus. They might go because their parents say they have to (in accordance with scripture) and in the end meet Jesus. They might go to be seen and to socialize and still meet Jesus.

As long as they aren't wolves or false teachers or leading people astray and into sin... Let them come to church. Even if for the wrong reasons they are still hearing the Gospel.

Right, God will lead you to a church... And if He doesn't then I'll disagree with you slightly. Then you go to a church you want to go to.

Denominations and divisions are necessary, hate to break that news to everyone.
                I agree that yes they might meet jesus at the church even if they come for the wrong reasons, and that has happened, and absolutely let them come to church and get convicted by the holy spirit, but my point was in reference to when its all over.

Matt 7: 21-23 basically tells us that many people will do work for God but they really werent doing it for God, it was for their personal gain. God will not tell anyone that truly loves him ''depart from me, I never knew you.''

1 Cor 1:10-13 - I wont put the whole 10-13 up here but on verse 13 in the beggining paul asked ''Is Christ Divided'' denomination is division. Read 1 Cor 1:10-13 it talks about division in the church.

Also my bible the Holy Bible, the word of God above all tell me that the church is one body Eph 4:4 it says There is one body and one spirit, Eph 1:22-23, it says jesus is the head over everything for the church which is his body.

If there is division, denomination and all that, then is it really the church, is it really God, when the bibles talks against all of this. If something isnt bible then it is mans word and that doesnt come from God. Of course people get revalations of Gods word and what it really means, and of course God speaks his word through people, but if that word isnt in the bible which is his word and the word is God, then it aint God.

Division is exactly what the devil has done to pull the church away from God, and Im not saying there isnt good people who go to different denominations Im saying that these people need a revalation from God on what his word really says, and once they get it, it's up top them to choose whether they want to follow that truth or not.

Comment

I agree that yes they might meet jesus at the church even if they come for the wrong reasons, and that has happened, and absolutely let them come to church and get convicted by the holy spirit, but my point was in reference to when its all over.

Matt 7: 21-23 basically tells us that many people will do work for God but they really werent doing it for God, it was for their personal gain. God will not tell anyone that truly loves him ''depart from me, I never knew you.''

1 Cor 1:10-13 - I wont put the whole 10-13 up here but on verse 13 in the beggining paul asked ''Is Christ Divided'' denomination is division. Read 1 Cor 1:10-13 it talks about division in the church.

Also my bible the Holy Bible, the word of God above all tell me that the church is one body Eph 4:4 it says There is one body and one spirit, Eph 1:22-23, it says jesus is the head over everything for the church which is his body.
                  Well, I'd love to reply to the scripture tonight but I need some sleep so I'll have to do that tomorrow. Be careful with your wording, I don't know if you did it on purpose or not but I don't enjoy being told - though implication - that I don't have a high view of scripture.

If there is division, denomination and all that, then is it really the church, is it really God, when the bibles talks against all of this. If something isnt bible then it is mans word and that doesnt come from God. Of course people get revalations of Gods word and what it really means, and of course God speaks his word through people, but if that word isnt in the bible which is his word and the word is God, then it aint God.

Division is exactly what the devil has done to pull the church away from God, and Im not saying there isnt good people who go to different denominations Im saying that these people need a revalation from God on what his word really says, and once they get it, it's up top them to choose whether they want to follow that truth or not.
                  Here's the thing; divisions and exist and are necessary. Not all disagreements should require division, but some do, and rightly so. The only time we're going to see one church united under Christ is after the return of Christ. Until then... Division. And it's not a bad thing. But I'll get to more on that tomorrow.

Comment

Well, I'd love to reply to the scripture tonight but I need some sleep so I'll have to do that tomorrow. Be careful with your wording, I don't know if you did it on purpose or not but I don't enjoy being told - though implication - that I don't have a high view of scripture.

Here's the thing; divisions and exist and are necessary. Not all disagreements should require division, but some do, and rightly so. The only time we're going to see one church united under Christ is after the return of Christ. Until then... Division. And it's not a bad thing. But I'll get to more on that tomorrow.
                    I lost my email account pass, so I cant get my pass for battlestance, but it doesnt matter.

Anyways Im not saying you dont know scripture, I dont know alot of scripture, Im learning, I had to find some of the scriptures that I told you, anyways my point is, if Im a real christian, and your a real christian [ not saying that any of us aren't] then when the bible says one thing we should be able to agree on the real meaning of what it is saying, some scriptures mean exactly what they say, but so many '' so called christians twist it so that it can fit their lives, and how they want to live.

If Im a real christian and your a real christian we need to both be of one spirit, not believing two different things, but of course believing the truth which is the word of God '' thy word is truth.'' I cant make someone believe what I believe, but I know I believe in 100% bible, and yes there's things I need to learn, theres scriptures you will read one day and a year later you finally get what it means.

Something is wrong if ''real christians'' believe two different things than what the word is saying

All I can say is lets pray to God from our hearts and confess that maybe I havent believed the truth, maybe I havent understand your word the way it was meant to be understood. But I want you to reveal the truth to me, and if I do have the truth then confirm it.

The word says in 2 Cor 13:1 - This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established

So for an example someone comes to me and says there is no Holy Ghost, then of course there gonna have to show me where it is in the bible saying there isnt a holy Ghost, The apostles were filled on the day of pentecost, it says tongues of fire came over their heads. God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost [ and yes many people beleive that that means that God is three people, but in Isaiah 46: 5-6 it clearly says there is no God beside him. It also says in John 3:16 that Jesus is his only begotten son, begotten means to come out of, so that would mean that Jesus was apart of God before he became the word, because as we know in the bible it says In the beggining was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God, and that word became flesh [ it became like you and me].
                    So remember the point to were it says it was God, and remember that it also says that Jesus was his only beggotten son, beggotten once again means to come out of.

Im not fighting you, Im just stating what I know is true.

Comment

Perhaps we are talking about two different things, let me try to clarify. When I say disagreements I'm referring to such doctrinal issues as Calvinism as opposed to Arminianism. Pre-tribulation as opposed to post-tribulation, etc.

This is what I mean by there will always be disagreement but that at the same time these issues shouldn't divide us. Know where I'm coming from? Because as I understand what you're saying, you believe there are to be no disagreements about anything.

Comment

This is what I mean by there will always be disagreement but that at the same time these issues shouldn't divide us.
                        I agree, it's what we DO believe in that should unite us.

To the OP: There is not one 'right' church in terms of denominations. When Jesus said "I will build my church" he did not say "You will build your churches" nor was he implying that a particular denomination of church is the only 'true' church.

What Jesus meant was that he would work in people's lives so that they become born-again believers; and that the church would be made up of these people. He was not going to build a church organisation but simply a group of people, and Christ is the head of that church.

To the question asked in your title: YES all Christians are going to be saved- but not everyone who claims to be a Christian is a Christian. Who is a Christian? One of the afformentioned born-again believers.

God Bless
                        He's charging into hell and bringing heaven with him!- Rob Bell

"So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir" - Paul - Galations 4:7

Comment

Well we know that church is the Body of christ, my bible tells me that there is only one way [ through Jesus Christ], there isnt two or three ways to serve God, we must realize that when you have churches beleiveing all different things, and call themselves christians, obviously they are not following one way, they are following a way of their own.

There are so many opinions on who God is, if theres three Gods or not, some guy above me I believe wrote that it there isnt one right church, there is one body of christ, not two or three, so if so many beleive different things wouldnt that mean that it isnt a body, for a body to be a body it works together with its parts.

So what I'm saying is that there is not one right local church, but there are few that actually believe the same thing, the thing is they arent beleive mans interpretation, they are believing Gods.
                          If we dont believe the bible as one then are we really christians or have we been decieved by the devil into a mans bible and not Gods.

In the bible it says that there are local churches, it didnt say that these churches should become divided by denomination or different beleifs other than the word of God.

In the bible I cant find the exact adress but I could find it if its needed, I actually posted it earlier, but I think paul was talking to some beleivers, and they were divided and saying who had the truth and who didnt, anyways the short story is that paul said ''is the Body[ or church] divided?''

Is the church divided in a question manner, should it be, should God be divided and seperate from what the bible says He is. Should the church have beleifs other than the word. If so, then theres something wrong with what many churches believe.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleGround View Post
                            Is the church divided in a question manner, should it be, should God be divided and seperate from what the bible says He is. Should the church have beleifs other than the word. If so, then theres something wrong with what many churches believe.
                            The guy above is right: there isn't one right church. Why? No church has the perfect revelation, a complete understanding of what scripture teaches. This understanding is impossible without Christ.

Comment

Working...
                            X