Does God always provide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does God always provide?

Matthew 6:26 "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"

If God provides for us, why are there still people that starve to death and have no homes?

Re: Does God always provide?

Originally posted by Jeffinator View Post
    Matthew 6:26 "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"

If God provides for us, why are there still people that starve to death and have no homes?
    People, and sin.

Comment

Originally posted by Athanasius View Post
      People, and sin.
      But did not God tell this to his disciples who were sinners?

Comment

God provides when we trust in Him.

Comment

But did not God tell this to his disciples who were sinners?
          Let me ask you, what is the point of this portion of scripture (v. 25-34)?

Comment

Originally posted by Athanasius View Post
            Let me ask you, what is the point of this portion of scripture (v. 25-34)?
            Verse 33 puts it in persective a little bit "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well", so God will provide if we seek him first?

Comment

Verse 33 puts it in persective a little bit "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well", so God will provide if we seek him first?
              The point of the passage isn't "I (God) care about you, and so I will make sure you always have food, clothing, friends, etc." The point of the passage is, "Hey! Don't worry, stay focused on me and things will work out, I'll take care of you". Just look at the beginning of the chapter, "giving to the poor"; or Jesus' commands elsewhere about helping the windows, poor, downtrodden, etc. An interesting thought may be this: is God providing for others in providing for me? And I think most of the time the answer is 'yes'.

Comment

If we look back in context to Matthew 5 where Jesus starts to speak it says

Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, and he began to teach them.

So he is teaching his disciples, people who have faith in him. Therefore we know from the context of the passage if you have faith in Jesus the Lord will provide.

As for people starving to death, if your faith is in the Lord Jesus to die is to gain. The Lord knows who his children are and he will care, love, and provide for them forever and ever.
                Matthew 10:39
                He that finds his life shall lose it: and he that loses his life for my sake shall find it.

Comment

He provides what you need and not what you want!

Comment

Not sure we can answer the riddle. I'm sure there are believers who are not getting their daily bread so to speak.
                    I know what I know
                    I know what I don't know
                    I don't know what I don't know.

Comment

Who is "us"?

Some people don't mind contradicting themselves as long as they can keep disagreeing with you...

Comment

Matthew 5:44-45
                        44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Using verse 45 as my reference, I say that God still provides for everyone. Just because God provides for everyone, that does not mean that people don't foolishly do not accept His help. For instance, part of the reason why some countries have many people who are starving is the politics of the region. It is the ideas and greed of people in positions of authority that find an advantage in keeping his or her people starving, as a control measure. There are other factors as well. Some regions may have to endure a "warning", as the Lord will continue to correct the world by using droughts, natural disasters and the like. He also uses nations to issue warnings to errant leadership as well, as referenced by Iran and North Korea's woes.

My point is that God provides. Human, on the other hand, (especially those who allow power to corrupt them), take what is good and trash it for their own selfish purposes. People blame God for human wickedness.

Comment

If anyone is still thinking about the thread question, the answer is obvious: the animals know God, but men have free will and need to be taught. People are tested for Heaven, animals are not. He does not watch us only individually, but collectively, and our lives spent in this testing ground are but a spec in the ocean of time. In other words, the question presumes a conventional, earthly frame of reference, and it's pretty obvious when it comes to God and eternity, conventional earthy references don't apply.

Comment

Ecclesiastes 8:9 "I have thought deeply about all that goes on here under the sun, where people have the power to hurt each other."

Let's all take the blame on this. We are the ones that mess ourselves up even after god helps us time after time. Why is it that some countries have much more than others? Because of what that scripture says.

Comment

If you're a good person and believe in God, you will meet people who can help you.
                              So, homeless people are sinners (and usually it's so).

Comment

Working...
                              X