Peer Pressure and Lying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peer Pressure and Lying

ok, so me and a friend were talking and she asked me a personal question that i was sort of self conscience about and honestly, i wanted to look cool. so unfortuanetly i lied. in the back of my mind though i knew this was wrong. so i asked for forgiveness but i still felt bad. any thoughts? i mean i repent of it but does God want me to tell her that i lied? cuz shes a new friend of mine and i dont wanna ruin our friendship but will i still be sinning if i dont confess it to her?

Re: Peer Pressure and Lying

Next time rather than lie just tell whomever "That's a personal question and I prefer to keep that informatin personal"
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

James 4:17 says: "If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them."

With this in mind, and reading that your conscious is bothering you, if it were me I would tell her I lied. But I would let her know why - because I felt the question was too personal, I felt self-conscious, etc. That doesn't mean you need to answer the question, just that you may feel the need explain why you said what you said, and that it wasn't the case.

Comment

so, i mean, i remember other lies i told. do i have to go and tell the truth to ALL these other people as well?

Comment

Originally posted by blackwings View Post
          so, i mean, i remember other lies i told. do i have to go and tell the truth to ALL these other people as well?
          If you've already repented and those situations aren't bothering you, then, if it were me, I wouldn't. I was speaking only of this situation, and as you conveyed feelings of conviction, I answered as to what I would do in your situation (it's good for humility, nor is it appropriate to begin a relationship with some lies).

The above stated, I can't help but feel that your question is a gut-reaction to the idea of admitting you lied. If it isn't bothering you and you've repented, then don't and next time (every time) be honest. If it is bothering you, then if you feel you should then please, do. Don't wiggle out of it with hypothetical scenarios like this.

Comment

Working...
          X