Young Adult how to get over breakup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young Adult how to get over breakup?

Hi my name is Justin! So I am a young man. I am 20. I was courting a young lady in my church. We were very serious about each other. Had been seeing each other for a year. I was going to buy her engagement ring with my next paycheck, take her to the beach in June, and propose to her. All of a sudden out of nowhere (well really not b/c I had been praying about some things) we got in a fight over something stupid, I said something I didn't mean, and hurt her, and she hurt me with how she reacted and acted hurt me. We took a week and a half break, and she felt that she did not want to be in a serious relationship right now. After telling me she loved me wanted to be with me forever and all that stuff.
    Now God is healing me through this, and is showing me some areas I had put away for her. I believe that God wants to take 4 years to work on me so I am going to Bible College, and I am still and have been pursuing the ministry, b/c I believe God has called me to work in the ministry. I want to stay humble, and I love her too much to talk any bad about her.
    Of course though therer is the side of me that just hurts. I keep dreaming about her, can't stop thinking about her, amd just talking to her at church hurts real bad now. I still have a part of me that just wants her back. I still wake up after dreaming about her and feel pain in my chest real physical pain. I have been eating either like a pig or like a ghandi, and I am just a huge mess.
    Any scriptures tips hints cheat codes anything to move on with my life. I am focusing on God alot more now and that is helping, but man I just want her back so bad. However I am excited about what God is going to do, but, Im human. The pain is still there. She was beautiful. She loved the Lord. She wasn't perfect, but I didn't care! I loved her so much! Now she's gone gone gone :'(
    He died a bloody death for you, but you want to live a scratch free life for Him, something seems wrong here...

Re: Young Adult how to get over breakup?

Only time can heal some wounds. Been there as well.
    This IGNORE button is by far one of the most useful tools I've used to keep my peace while navigating through some of the madness.

Comment

I was with a girl for over three years, we broke up 4 years ago - I'm still dealing with the breakup. It takes time.

Comment

Originally posted by SaveMeDaily View Post
        Hi my name is Justin! So I am a young man. I am 20. I was courting a young lady in my church. We were very serious about each other. Had been seeing each other for a year. I was going to buy her engagement ring with my next paycheck, take her to the beach in June, and propose to her. All of a sudden out of nowhere (well really not b/c I had been praying about some things) we got in a fight over something stupid, I said something I didn't mean, and hurt her, and she hurt me with how she reacted and acted hurt me. We took a week and a half break, and she felt that she did not want to be in a serious relationship right now. After telling me she loved me wanted to be with me forever and all that stuff.
        Now God is healing me through this, and is showing me some areas I had put away for her. I believe that God wants to take 4 years to work on me so I am going to Bible College, and I am still and have been pursuing the ministry, b/c I believe God has called me to work in the ministry. I want to stay humble, and I love her too much to talk any bad about her.
        Of course though therer is the side of me that just hurts. I keep dreaming about her, can't stop thinking about her, amd just talking to her at church hurts real bad now. I still have a part of me that just wants her back. I still wake up after dreaming about her and feel pain in my chest real physical pain. I have been eating either like a pig or like a ghandi, and I am just a huge mess.
        Any scriptures tips hints cheat codes anything to move on with my life. I am focusing on God alot more now and that is helping, but man I just want her back so bad. However I am excited about what God is going to do, but, Im human. The pain is still there. She was beautiful. She loved the Lord. She wasn't perfect, but I didn't care! I loved her so much! Now she's gone gone gone :'(

What's great about what you've posted here is that you're, for the most part, keeping your eyes on God and moving forward (i.e. going to Bible College and pursuing ministry). This is wonderful. I wish I had been like you in regards to what you're going thru.........I wouldn't have gotten into some of the relationship problems I've gone through in the past, oh, 15+ years. Keep moving in the direction you hear God calling you.

As far as the pain, I don't know if it ever completely goes away......places, songs, movies, whatever, will remind you of her. But it gets easier day by day. Just take your hurts to God, He will always be by your side through the good days and bad.

You seem to have a good head on your shoulders. Good luck at Bible College. I'll say a prayer for your break up situation and your BC and ministry future.

Comment

Forgiveness heals hurts and wounds. Try it. Offer forgiveness to those you hurt and receive forgiveness from those who have hurt you
          Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

It's apart of life, we just have to keep moving forward, which is good that your doing, maybe it's Gods way of putting you on another path who knows. Keep your chin up, there is always hope, keep God as your center of life, pray God is leading you in the right direction.

God bless
            Every temptation is of the devil, and every sin leads to death.

Comment

Originally posted by amazzin View Post
              Forgiveness heals hurts and wounds. Try it. Offer forgiveness to those you hurt and receive forgiveness from those who have hurt you
              yes your right amen. I have been forgiving her, but I can tell you brother, forgiveness is a process. It takes a while
              He died a bloody death for you, but you want to live a scratch free life for Him, something seems wrong here...

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter121 View Post
                It's apart of life, we just have to keep moving forward, which is good that your doing, maybe it's Gods way of putting you on another path who knows. Keep your chin up, there is always hope, keep God as your center of life, pray God is leading you in the right direction.

God bless
                I am trying to just not look back. It's hard, that's all I can say.

Comment

Brother,

I wish I could say that you would soon move on and forget. The Truth is that we are not built like that. Society tries to convince us that these connections we make do not affect us over time.. it is a lie.

THe pain you write of is real. Some might try to dismiss it... tell you it will soon be forgotten. The fact is that our merciful Lord has a plan, and it can include even this. His will for your future is what you can trust in. I have been through this very thing... and as hard as it was to go through, I KNOW the Lord made me who I am though it.

My wife came to me once i resigned to His plan... my advice to you is to live your life, seek after Christ, be faithful and wait to see what great things He has in store for you.

Blessings to you as you travel this road.
                  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
                  ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
                  ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.

Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."

Comment

I think you just need time you know? also, maybe you could talk to her and put your mind at ease about what went wrong. Ask her some questions. Sometimes the unanswered questions in our minds stop us from truly moving on.

If you want her back and believe it is in the cards for you, show her what a great man you are! Let her know you want her back, apologise for past mistakes and then wait for her. You may find she comes back to you.

Good luck with whatever happens.

Comment

I searched for verses to help mend my heart after breaking up with my first ever boyfriend, and the ones on these two sites were helpful to me:
                      http://www.beliefnet.com/Love-Family...h-Breakup.aspx
                      http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow....brokenhearted/

There's some really wonderful verses there.

Hopefully since it's been a while since this thread was created your heart has mended. I know it really does take time. I think it also takes a determination to move forward when you sometimes want to just sit down and pick at your wounds.

Comment

I'm sorry for your breakup. It truly does hurt. From your post, I feel like maybe your not technically going through a "break up" but, rather going through a season where you are being shaped by Christ. You love her.. and that is something that can't just vanish or disappear within a week. It may take a few months or it may take forever... what matters is how you handle it. God knows what will happen and that alone is enough to trust in. I pray that your heart may be mended by this separation and that you feel comfort from Jesus who will never fail us.
                        Why are you searching for love? Why are you still looking as if I'm not enough?

Comment

1 Corinthians 7:32-33 And I want you to be free from concern. An unmarried man is concerned about the things of the Lord, how to please the Lord.
                          But a married man is concerned about the things of the world, how to please his wife, and he is divided.

Comment

Well, each time you remember her, you increase your pain.
                            It takes time to become free of your feelings, but you can start writing a diary to throw out all your plans related to her from your head.

Comment

It's interesting to find oгt, how have you got over that.

Comment

Working...
                              X