Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request for prayer! I'm losing faith and draining out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for prayer! I'm losing faith and draining out.

Each day in the morning, I pray to God for all that He has for me and the Lords prayer:

" For thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. "

& that was the way that I start my day every single day.

But however, recently, I backslided from God, I backslided and I just lost it all and I kinda lost my faith and all that I have in Him. And I really want it back desperately. I want God to come back into my life. I know everyone always said to pray with faith and to believe in the things that are yet to come. & at times whenever I pray, I don't really know what does it mean to pray WITH FAITH AND BY FAITH. Isit just having to keep on focusing on God and stuffs?

I mean, I would say prayers and I'm just wondering, is there ever any one of you out there that felt like at times when you're praying, you're praying like you're just saying things from your mind and not your heart? I mean, does it make a difference? I could say the same prayer and the same words and at times I just don't know - like how am I supposed to know if I'm living by faith and my words are from my heart instead of them just coming out of my mind and my thoughts? I really don't know, and I'm really lost in this situation.

All that I want, is to have that childlike faith again, I really yearn for it. & all that I would like to ask for, is a peace of mind, a clean mind, a pure heart, and a heart to want to serve God and to obey Him in all that I do. I want to make things right again and I want to start off my life once again with God in my life.

I know you guys here on this forum are great and thanks be to God that He has worked in every single one of you out here. & thank God that I've found this forum right here and I'm able to know you guys! Well I'd like to ask if you guys could write me some verses and guide me through my life and all that I pray, is for my salvation and for a renewal of mind, heart, and soul.
    Thankyou fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.
    God bless you,
    Keven.

Re: Request for prayer! I'm losing faith and draining out.

Hey Keven

Praying in faith is just believing, that through Christ, our prayers are heard by the Father. It's believing that He is listening and will answer your requests as He sees fit. How do you know your prayers are from the heart? Ask yourself why you are praying. If your prayers are for someone else, why do you feel the need to pray, if it's not coming from your heart? If your praying for your own needs,then your showing faith in God.Scripture tells us that God has promised to supply our needs,but it's still faith and trust that makes you ask.

Asking God for childlike faith, a clean mind and a pure heart, shows that your heart is right before God. Your praying for the very things God Himself wants! He wants to transform you, even more than you want Him to!!

If you have fallen away from God in the past, then rejoice, for He is leading you back! Our gracious God allows us to start again! Pray just as you have been, asking His forgiveness for not always walking with Him, and thanking Him for drawing you back. Read your bible, so that you can hear what the Lord would say to you. It is our spiritual food, our daily bread. Reading it every day, really does strengthen your walk.

blessings to you
    My soul does GLORIFY the LORD, my spirit REJOICES in GOD MY SAVIOUR
    ------
    "To be entirely safe from the devils snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them." A.W.Tozer

The Lifehouse Skit

Comment

Hi Kevin,
      I was once in a similar type situation and I posted verses all around my room so I could read them while I was in bed. I have them in a book now, but I'll copy some that helped me.

Psalms 37:3 & 4 Trust in the Lord and do good, so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the Lord and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Psalms 37:5 Commit they was unto the Lord, trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass.

Psalms 34:7 The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them.

Psalms 27:14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Psalms 34: 8 & 9 O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him. O fear the Lord, ye His saints: for there is no want to them that fear Him.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust the Lord will all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path.

Psalms 34:18 The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Isaiah 1:18-20 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

Psalms 12:6 The words of the Lord are pure words; as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Psalms 84:11b & 12 ...no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. O Lord of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in Thee.

Psalms 86:5 For Thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive, and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon Thee.

Hope this helps you, Keven. God bless!!

Comment

Originally posted by KevenChia View Post
        Each day in the morning, I pray to God for all that He has for me and the Lords prayer:

But however, recently, I backslided from God, I backslided and I just lost it all and I kinda lost my faith and all that I have in Him. And I really want it back desperately. I want God to come back into my life. I know everyone always said to pray with faith and to believe in the things that are yet to come. & at times whenever I pray, I don't really know what does it mean to pray WITH FAITH AND BY FAITH. Isit just having to keep on focusing on God and stuffs?

I mean, I would say prayers and I'm just wondering, is there ever any one of you out there that felt like at times when you're praying, you're praying like you're just saying things from your mind and not your heart? I mean, does it make a difference? I could say the same prayer and the same words and at times I just don't know - like how am I supposed to know if I'm living by faith and my words are from my heart instead of them just coming out of my mind and my thoughts? I really don't know, and I'm really lost in this situation.

All that I want, is to have that childlike faith again, I really yearn for it. & all that I would like to ask for, is a peace of mind, a clean mind, a pure heart, and a heart to want to serve God and to obey Him in all that I do. I want to make things right again and I want to start off my life once again with God in my life.

I know you guys here on this forum are great and thanks be to God that He has worked in every single one of you out here. & thank God that I've found this forum right here and I'm able to know you guys! Well I'd like to ask if you guys could write me some verses and guide me through my life and all that I pray, is for my salvation and for a renewal of mind, heart, and soul.
        God bless you,
        Keven.
        When we walk by faith, we don't walk by sight (2co 5.7). the former is not from feeling; the latter is from feeling. Whenever we walk by faith we don't proceed from feeling although feeling can lead to you conviction like visible miracles or guilt feelings. You don't "wait" for faith to come out then you start praying, you start praying because the Word convicts you to pray. And the Word says "pray unceasingly (1 Thessalonians 5:17)." Take the word as your guide. it is a lamp to your feet and a light to your path (Psalm 119:105). Meditate on it, muse on it, and do it 24/7. Proceeding from feeling and not the truth of the Bible is not the way to go. May God strengthen you and enlighten you to walk the true path.

Comment

God bless you,
          Keven.
          I would add, do not use formulated prayers. Speak to God from your own heart and with your own words. The Lords Prayer was a guild as to the things we should pray about and the honor we should give to God while we pray. it was never meant to be a standard, formulated, rigid prayer that was to be said word for word.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Comment

You just prayed right there, Keven! When you wrote that part, I know you pleaded with your heart. If you are new in Christianity, don't fret when you feel there's a void from time to time. That is part of your relationship with God. I felt this too! There were several times that I felt completely empty inside - I felt no fear, not even happiness. You must know, kind sir, that this is when you pray the most! If you can write in a thread that all you ask from God are: "peace of mind, a clean mind, a pure heart, and a heart to want to serve God." then you can pray for that too!!! (John 16:23) "And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you."

Have faith, my brother, I just prayed for you.

PS: Everyday I ask these from God: a compassionate and understanding heart; a mind full of wisdom; a humble spirit; peace in my hear; and the ability to love God with all my heart, with all my soul, and with all my mind! I tell God that if He gives me these, I don't need money, or anything like that. I'm content with spiritual gifts, and to have God as my god forever! Rejoice, so shall you!!!

Comment

Hey keven. Just pray from your heart. Let your deepest desire become known to God. Instead of starting off your prayers the same way each day try it differently this time. Try talking to God as if He's your friend.

Comment

I am a relatively new Christian, so perhaps I am mistaken about this... it seems to me at this stage in my faith, that what leads us away from God is often a need or fear. I won't ask you what that is. I just thought that maybe if you spoke, like the person above me said, openly and freely to God, specifically about the need, fear, or temptation of a bad influence or whatever it is that distracted or distanced you from God that it might help. It can be cleansing and make us feel God's mercy more when we know we have come completely clean with Him in our prayers, and we sometimes seems to get quicker results when we are more specific.

Comment

Psalm 34

1 I will extol the Lord at all times;
                  his praise will always be on my lips.
                  2 I will glory in the Lord;
                  let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
                  3 Glorify the Lord with me;
                  let us exalt his name together.
                  4 I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
                  he delivered me from all my fears.
                  5 Those who look to him are radiant;
                  their faces are never covered with shame.
                  6 This poor man called, and the Lord heard him;
                  he saved him out of all his troubles.
                  7 The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him,
                  and he delivers them.
                  8 Taste and see that the Lord is good;
                  blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
                  9 Fear the Lord, you his holy people,
                  for those who fear him lack nothing.
                  10 The lions may grow weak and hungry,
                  but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.
                  11 Come, my children, listen to me;
                  I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
                  12 Whoever of you loves life
                  and desires to see many good days,
                  13 keep your tongue from evil
                  and your lips from telling lies.
                  14 Turn from evil and do good;
                  seek peace and pursue it.
                  15 The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
                  and his ears are attentive to their cry;
                  16 but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil,
                  to blot out their name from the earth.
                  17 The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;
                  he delivers them from all their troubles.
                  18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
                  and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
                  19 The righteous person may have many troubles,
                  but the Lord delivers him from them all;
                  20 he protects all his bones,
                  not one of them will be broken.
                  21 Evil will slay the wicked;
                  the foes of the righteous will be condemned.
                  22 The Lord will rescue his servants;
                  no one who takes refuge in him will be condemned.

Comment

God bless you,
                    Keven.
                    Keven,

Peace, Brother.

In answer to your question:

My answer is YES, YES, YES! THIS HAPPENS!

We are fallen creatures. We are saved, but we are not perfect. There are all sorts of things in our own nature and in the world that try to keep us from God and we are surrounded by demons that are bent on keeping us from God. I think sometimes we think that because we have accepted Christ these things will go away. I think it is the contrary - they will increase and we must persevere.

There is an interesting folk tale out of Romania about a very devout widow with 7 daughters who lived in poverty, but raised them piously. On the other side of town there was a tavern. In the tavern there was only a single demon, who was bored and spent most of his time staring out a window. You see, the people in side the tavern were drinking and fighting and arguing with each other all by themselves - he really had nothing to do. On the other hand, there were several demons assigned to the widow's house trying to turn her and her family from God. It is a folk tale, but I think it has an interesting lesson.

If you look at what you are saying, it is that you feel abandoned because you are praying and do not feel what you think you should be feeling. Think about this:

1. You are praying
                    2. You are worried about the quality of your prayer and your relationship with God

You can be absolutely assured that God sees this. In fact, I would dare to say that your prayers may mean more to God than those of people who have the "right feelings" because you are continuing to pray through all these temptations and trying to stay close to God.

You must not give up and you must persevere and understand and believe that God hears you and sees you struggling through everything that you are. He is with you, even if you do not feel his presence at the moment.

You might ask, why don't I feel God's presence or why do I have to feel this way if I am trying to seek God?

The best text I have found that answers this is in the Apocrypha. I ran across this particular passage a few years ago when I was going through something similar. It was quoted in some ancient commentary on the Gospels, but I can't remember which one.

My son, if thou come to serve the Lord, prepare thy soul for temptation. Set thy heart aright, and constantly endure, and make not haste in time of trouble. Cleave unto him, and depart not away, that thou mayest be increased at thy last end. Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate (Sirach 2:1–4).

(I am quoting from the King James Version. This particular book was in the original edition of the King James Bible, but was taken out later).

There are so many other things I wish I could say to encourage you, but I don't want to ramble on. Just don't give up hope! Don't trust your feelings - they can be deceptive. Trust in the Lord's love for you and you will find your way.

May God keep you!

Comment

Working...
                    X