Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alone.

Hey everyone.

Do you believe sometimes that God may want certain people alone? I guess what I am trying to say is: Do you think that maybe he is doing certain things in your life and he is trying to shield you from things?

I've been really alone. I have 7 brothers and sister all which are my half siblings...I only have close contact with two and lately I have not spoken with them lately too much. And once I told my brother and his wife, "I call you all the time and no one answers." He replied by saying, "That's because we don't want to talk." It really makes me sad. And I've been trying to make friends lately and they don't respond to my emails or calls. or anything. None of my brothers and sisters keep in contact with me. (expcept for two and as I've said...it's not even too often.)

I've been wondering when all of this loneliness will end or if it ever will or if God wants me to be alone.

I think God draws us away from people for a time in order to teach us to rely on him. Eventually though, God brings us into a warm and loving spiritual family. We know that it is God's plan for us to live in a community, becuase God himself exists in community.

I encourage you to focus on prayer and knowing Gods word as a way of satisfying yourself in this time. As you focus on relying on God for your acceptance and support, God will slowly bring people alongside you to build you up.

At the same time, wait actively by getting involved with your church and other groups that allow you to build relationships.

Pr 18: "A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." While some people who say this friend is God, I would disagree, and say that while God is our friend, the writer is refering to the close bond of a human friend.

Consider also Genesis 2: "Then the LORD God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him."
    "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." -Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Kelly, are you active in a church? Is the church large enough that there's a good-sized group of other people about your age?
      ----------------------------------------------
      When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

Your situation does seem sad, but you have to remember one thing, You're never truly alone if you have God in your life. As far as making friends, you may possibly be trying to hard. I remember heading into high school not knowing anybody, for a few weeks actually. If you just let nature ( with guidance from the good lord of course ) take its course, you'll have friends in no time, Trust me and trust The Good Lord.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly12345 View Post
          Hey everyone.

Do you believe sometimes that God may want certain people alone? I guess what I am trying to say is: Do you think that maybe he is doing certain things in your life and he is trying to shield you from things?
          I certainly believe God wants certain people to be 'alone', but let me explain what I mean.

If you look at Jesus' life, what will you notice? Jesus a lot of the time got away from everyone for time with God. Consider, especially his 40 days in the wilderness - just Jesus, God and angels, there were no people around (there was also no food). Jesus was led into this desert by the Holy Spirit, so God had a hand in getting Jesus away from everyone. Jesus was brought away from everyone so that he could refocus on God. So in that sense, God gets us away from the distractions of life to refocus us on Him.

I'm 2,000 miles away from everything I hold dear. This is my wilderness. God knows I need it (and I do). Though I will say I'm not alone, I'm in a community of believers (Bible College)

I've been really alone. I have 7 brothers and sister all which are my half siblings...I only have close contact with two and lately I have not spoken with them lately too much. And once I told my brother and his wife, "I call you all the time and no one answers." He replied by saying, "That's because we don't want to talk." It really makes me sad. And I've been trying to make friends lately and they don't respond to my emails or calls. or anything. None of my brothers and sisters keep in contact with me. (expcept for two and as I've said...it's not even too often.)

I've been wondering when all of this loneliness will end or if it ever will or if God wants me to be alone.
          Hold old are you?

Comment

I am 19 years old.

Comment

I am 19 years old.
              Care to share more about your personal life? Why you don't have friends?

Comment

Well...I graduated high school in MAY of 2007. I only had about three really close friends. One moved to College in a different part of the state (two hours away) and we emailed all the time and about six months ago she stopped responding and she wouldn't return calls or anything. Another friend just stopped having contact with me. We've met up twice since grad. One time in the summer of 2007 and once this past june...she doesn't respond to me when I contact her. Then there is one of my friends who is now a senior in school. We meet up maybe once a month for supper. Shes more close now with those friends in her classes. SO-there that is. I've tried to make friends with a few people I just talked to in classes...guess they dont want the same...

Comment

Kelly, what about your church life? And to go ahead and answer your question, if God meant for us to be alone, he wouldn't have given Eve to Adam.

Comment

Well...my church is made up of senior citizens...and only a few high-schoolers that are way younger than me.

Comment

Well...my church is made up of senior citizens...and only a few high-schoolers that are way younger than me.
                      Hello Kelly,

Well you have us .

And:

God will provide... Gen. 22.8 Kelly God will.

Be good

Stay healthy

"Think white and get serious"

sigpic

Comment

Jesus loves you. You can talk to him any time you want.

Comment

Most of the time I think God uses others to support and encourage us. Other times I think He wants us all to Himself.

Comment

Originally posted by σяєяυииєя View Post
                            Hello Kelly,

Well you have us .

And:

God will provide... Gen. 22.8 Kelly God will.

Be good

Yeah, well, a lot of times, He gives us the wisdom/strength to do it ourselves.

Kelly, are you going to that church by yourself, or with some family? Why that particular church? Do you live in a pretty good-sized city or a small town?

Comment

Originally posted by *Hope* View Post
                              Most of the time I think God uses others to support and encourage us. Other times I think He wants us all to Himself.
                              It's both.

Comment

Working...
                              X