What is God trying to tell me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is God trying to tell me?

Since school started up I have recommitted myself to the Lord and seeking after him. I have slipped a couple times, but for the most part I have stayed on course. I pray every night and am being faithful. I am seeking after God and his voice as much as I can. Life isn't what I want it to be but I am being faithful and trying to seek after the Lord and have a personal relationship with Him. Anyway, today something really weird happened. On my way to Mcdonalds for lunch, a guy came up to me and asked for a dollar. He needed it more that I did, so I gave it to him. Like 10 minutes later when I was sitting down and eating, a different man came up to me and asked to spare a dollar. When I got out my wallet he asked if I could spare two. I gave it to him. Out of all the people in the Mcondalds to ask, he came up to me. Then when I was leaving, another guy approached me and asked me for a dollar. I gave him my last dollar (the rest I had was a 10 and 20).

I though this was really weird. Normally if a guy comes to ask you for money, its just one guy. Not 3 different people within such a short amount of time. Now I know the number 3 has great siginifance in the Bible. I am just really confused as to what God is trying to tell me. I asked him but am still learning how to hear his Voice. Any advice?

This may be the cynic inside me but do you think perhaps that the first guy told another guy and he told another that you were giving out cash?
    "Few men are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline"
    -Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." - James 2:26

Watch This! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA - Christian Artist Lecrae

Comment

Uhm, I don't think he's trying to teach you anything other than: if you give out money to strangers, more strangers will ask for money.

Comment

But the strangers were unrelated and didn't know that I had given money to the other strangers. Am I just digging too deep into this? lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatorade456 View Post
          But the strangers were unrelated and didn't know that I had given money to the other strangers. Am I just digging too deep into this? lol.
          Since you've just told us something you couldn't have possibly known; yes.

Comment

be encouraged though. Dont be turned away from giving, but make sure they are truly in need.
            "Few men are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline"
            -Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." - James 2:26

Watch This! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA - Christian Artist Lecrae

Comment

Even if all of the men were related, I think it's really sweet of you to think otherwise! If anything, I've been blessed with this story. So kind and sweet you are!

Comment

Working...
              X