After you graduate(d)....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After you graduate(d)....

After you graduate, what do you want to do?

If you HAVE graduated, what have you done?

Just curious. (And nope, it doesn't matter if it's highschool/college you're referring to.)

Here's mine....

- After I graduated from university, I worked for about a year, first doing tech support and then later doing retail. I'd applied for teacher's college, but hadn't gotten in the first time around.... so I figured, oh well, might as well work and save up some money! This year, I reapplied to teacher's college... and didn't get in AGAIN. At that point, I thought "okay, time to just pick another career" and I was halfway through the process of applying for other college courses... journalism and certification to teach ESL.... I was not very happy about it, but I figured I'd make the most of it. Then, one afternoon, I got a call.... a few spots had opened up for teacher's college, so I grabbed one of them... and here I am!

After I'm done here, I want to move to wherever I can find work, basically. I'll gladly teach anything. My fiance and I WERE thinking of a September wedding but I think we're looking at July or August now, just because wedding plans and the beginnings of school years do NOT mix! We'll probably end up moving to one of two bigger cities, depending on his job.

So that's me. What about you folks? What have you done/what are your plans?
    -- Your ~sister~ in Christ.... a "Kaffinated Kittykat"!!

ROMANS 5:8. Forgiven. Freed. Humbled. Amazed. Grateful. Relying on Christ.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
    It's a house we enter in, then commit to never leave
    So lock the door behind you, and throw away the key
    We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees.....
    Warren Barfield

I am going to Bible college if i ever get my degree done (i am not the most patient person around).
    "Few men are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline"
    -Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." - James 2:26

Watch This! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA - Christian Artist Lecrae

Comment

I went to music school. And after I graduate I will probably go to graduate music school.
      "We are symbols and inhabit symbols; workmen, work, and tools, words and things, birth and death, all are emblems; but we sympathize with the symbols, and being infatuated with the economical uses of things, we do not know that they are thoughts." - Emerson, "The Poet" (Essays, Second Series)

Comment

After College it's on to Bible College and then to wherever God takes me.
        He's charging into hell and bringing heaven with him!- Rob Bell

"So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir" - Paul - Galations 4:7

Comment

No clue what I want to do after college.

After going to college for three years with no direction, I took a year off, and decided that my degree doesn't HAVE to have a career attached to it.
          Employers just look to see if you HAVE a degree (aside from law, medical, etc.)

I figured that being the case, I may as well have fun getting the degree, hence my major in English with a focus on Creative Studies.
          Always give God credit first.

"Dost thou think because thou art virtuous there shall be no more cakes and ale?"
          -Sir Toby, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare

James 1:19

Comment

I was hired as a machinist, 6 months after I graduated. I've been workin like a rented mule since then. Good money, good benefits. My plan is to start working towards my AA next year by taking classes online while continuing to work. Afterwards, I plan to go to Bible College. My problem there is that I want to do Bible College in-person...but in order to do that, I'd have to stop working. So I'm continually pondering this one..
            Jeremy, a bondservant of the Lord.

Today is a good day to die for Christ.

Comment

After I graduate h.s. this spring, I'm going to Germany for 3 weeks as a part of an exchange program I was a part of, hopefully finding a job before then to raise money for it. ha. Next fall I'll be at Greenville college, possibly working towards a vocal performance major with a music business minor...I have NO idea what I'm going to do with that after school, but I guess I can figure that out later.
              Release the Lion

Comment

i umm worked for a couple years at jobs i hated. i am in seminary and now im a youth pastor which i love
                "Everyone needs a Hobab"~ Brother Mark

δολος Χριστός ησος
                sigpic

Comment

I am working in the bussines of the Family /publicity/ and a few years ago, graduated from highschool, and now I am studying English twice a week.

Fareyewell

Fore - out
                  Stay healthy

"Think white and get serious"

sigpic

Comment

After I graduate I hope to go to school for 8 more years...Yay!
                    The Bible is essentially an open, artistic, imaginative narrative of Gods staggering care for the world, a narrative that will feed and nurture into obedience that builds community precisely by respect for the liberty of the Christian man or woman.

-Walter Brueggemann

Comment

It's great to see what everyone's doing/did. It's funny (as in neat!) how many different things people end up doing with their lives...
                      -- Your ~sister~ in Christ.... a "Kaffinated Kittykat"!!

ROMANS 5:8. Forgiven. Freed. Humbled. Amazed. Grateful. Relying on Christ.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
                      It's a house we enter in, then commit to never leave
                      So lock the door behind you, and throw away the key
                      We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees.....
                      Warren Barfield

Comment

After I graduate (in how ever many years that would be) from my Undergrad program, I plan to do my graduate degree in Museum Studies, hopefully allowing me to work as a curator. Lets see if that is what God has in store for me

Comment

After I graduate, I'd like work a while in microfinance for a little while and then head off the graduate school and start work on a Ph.d.

I'm not really married to these ideas though. I've learned in the past few years that whatever you plan is most likely not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by sunney4 View Post
                            i umm worked for a couple years at jobs i hated. i am in seminary and now im a youth pastor which i love
                            Hey that's like my dream job ay..

Hmm, i am in the second to last year of high school. So i'll finish at the end of next year. In New Zealand the school year is a bit different. Hmm, i was thinking going over to USA and work at a summer camp for a year, then come back to New Zealand and do Architecture. Yeah that's my plans.
                            I keep trying to find a life On my own, apart from you I am the king of excuses Ive got one for every selfish thing I do

Comment

i went to community college for a half semester, then stopped going. that would make me a college dropout. therefore from a societal perspective, that would make me "lazy" and "irresponsible". the god of this universe views it much differently however.

after high school, it seems god began to step up his discipline and chastening efforts. he has essentially been destroying my life from then on - destroying things that will not last and replacing them with things that will.

during the time, the discipline did not seem at all pleasant, but rather painful. now, however, i know he was doing me a favor.

difficult times are soon going to come upon this world in unprecedented fashion. therefore, it was his intention to free me from my spiritual lethargy and prompting me to start building my spiritual ark, so that i will be ready for whatever may soon happen - whether it's persecution, famine, general hardships or my time to go home.

my friends, the question is this: are you concerned more about worldly things than spiritual things? are you more concerned about your life than the eternal well-being of your soul?

"The one who finds his life will lose it, and the one who loses his life because of me will find it." - jesus

i am not saying you should stop living life, crawl in a hole and become a hermit. what i'm saying is now is the time to spiritually prepare. the college degrees, fancy jobs and worldly possessions you're currently chasing will very soon prove to be futile.

Comment

Working...
                              X