Spiritual Attack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiritual Attack?

Ive been getting much closer to God lately, not by going to church necessarily but i've been much more active in my walk with God, praying more - relying on him more and trusting the things he choses to give me or not give me. In todays case, something that i believe i needed, and watned did not come through, ive been tired, stressed, crying on and off all day, not really sure where it puts me - but at the end of it all still able to say that i know theres a reason and not fight it cause it is Gods will. This must upset satan greatly, as i know he loves to see me suffer.

ive noticed that ive been much more greatful for things lately, more sentimental, had a wider outlook on life rather than whats just in front of me, seen a bigger picture.

im struggling with accepting that things will be FINE and that everything will work out how it is supposed to.

I tried going to sleep tonight, but kept having visions, just creepy ones so i turned the light on and came here, googled "spiritual attacks" a lot of the stuff that came up was "demonic attacks" i didnt want to read in depth about them since that stuff actually does scare me, i just watn to be sure im not goign to experience one.

i am close with god right now and i know he is close wtih me (all the time) but this may be the closest i have ever gotten to him, the strongest ive ever held on.

i dont know what to do, theres stress surrounding me all the time, even when i remind myself that it will be fine, its like a cloud is just hanging over me and im trying so hard to push it out of the way, praying, listening .. but its just lingering there.

If you are close to the Lord then you will experience spiritual attacks, it is the devil trying to make you fall away. Keep hard in prayer and trust in the Lord to bring you through

Comment

Whatever you do don't be disheartened, keep loving God no matter what the circumstances.

Satan doesn't attack people for the sake of it, he'll only do it if you are a theat to him. So if he is giving you a hard time, it is because he fears what God will do through you- Be encouraged by that!

Remember that you have authority as a believer to rebuke the devil whenever he tries to influence you, order him away in Jesus' name and he will turn tail and run.

Even if you have the slightest inkling that Satan is behind these dreams, rebuke him. His first line of attack is always to persuade you that he is not there, that you are the source of everything that happens to you- if he manages to do that to you then he has already won- Don't let him! Ask Jesus to be your shield and protect you from him- Jesus is always more than happy to do so!
      He's charging into hell and bringing heaven with him!- Rob Bell

"So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir" - Paul - Galations 4:7

Comment

It's just Satan trying to get to you. Really it's not that big of a deal. All you got to do is keep getting closer to God and Jesus and then rebuke Satan.

It's as simple as that. It seems like its nothing more then Satan getting a bit jeolous.

Keep up the good work. You're somebody special and its becoming well known. Just remember you and God make a majority
        The kingdom of God is just like any other kingdom. It must be fought for. - Thomas Becket

I don't want to save people. That's not my job. My job is to feed them.

Comment

Originally posted by gpmosely View Post
          It's just Satan trying to get to you. Really it's not that big of a deal. All you got to do is keep getting closer to God and Jesus and then rebuke Satan.

It's as simple as that. It seems like its nothing more then Satan getting a bit jeolous.

Keep up the good work. You're somebody special and its becoming well known. Just remember you and God make a majority
          Yeah I can rebuke Satan in Jesus' name as well but come on... The angel is quite powerful, not something to take lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Xel'Naga View Post
            Yeah I can rebuke Satan in Jesus' name as well but come on... The angel is quite powerful, not something to take lightly.
            Thankfully, Christ (who lives in us) is more powerful
            He's charging into hell and bringing heaven with him!- Rob Bell

"So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir" - Paul - Galations 4:7

Comment

Originally posted by Friend of Jesus View Post
              Thankfully, Christ (who lives in us) is more powerful
              All I'm saying is don't relegate Satan to being a mouse with a roar.

Comment

All I'm saying is don't relegate Satan to being a mouse with a roar.
                Satan is a powerful enemy yes, and even though I'm dismissing him with a mouse with a roar...it's a little easy to do so because I've seen Satan's plans thwarted many times just by rebuking him and standing firm in God's ways. Jaded is doing the right thing and he can fight him. I know he can
                The kingdom of God is just like any other kingdom. It must be fought for. - Thomas Becket

Comment

Satan is a powerful enemy yes, and even though I'm dismissing him with a mouse with a roar...it's a little easy to do so because I've seen Satan's plans thwarted many times just by rebuking him and standing firm in God's ways. Jaded is doing the right thing and he can fight him. I know he can
                  Not wise, brother. Jaded can't fight Satan; the only strength Jaded has against Satan comes through Christ and it's Christ who does the "fighting". Satan's not a mouse, don't give anyone the impression that he is.

Comment

Originally posted by unkerns View Post
                    If you are close to the Lord then you will experience spiritual attacks, it is the devil trying to make you fall away. Keep hard in prayer and trust in the Lord to bring you through
                    What happens if you just don't want to? And what happens if it seems like you're the only Christian (or there aren't any Christians) in the universe?

Comment

Not wise, brother. Jaded can't fight Satan; the only strength Jaded has against Satan comes through Christ and it's Christ who does the "fighting". Satan's not a mouse, don't give anyone the impression that he is.
                      Though I respect what you are saying, I wish you would respect what I am saying as well:

With all due respect, no one said Satan is a mouse and seriously, if you are going to deal with spiritual battles or whatever you have to get over the fear of what Satan can and cannot do. He only has the power over a person that a person allows him to have. If you treat Satan as not having power over you, and knowing that Christ will defeat Satan ultimatly, what do you have to worry about?

Worry begets fear and fear causes doubt and doubt causes the stumbling in faith, and faith is the thing that protects us from Satan.

So why give more power to the Enemy by saying "oh he's so powerful" etc? Yeah, he's powerful, but so what? Christ is stronger. We got the victory, where's the problem? Satan and his crew are strong, yes but again, Christ is Stronger.

And Jaded can fight Satan even though you are right that ultimate Christ is the one that gives him the power- but how does Jaded fight this? He gets closer to God by prayer and reading his Bible.

And is it wise? It's perfectly wise to have the utmost confidence that the Lord will fight your battles for you against Satan- Ex 14:14 The Lord Will Fight for you, you need only to be still, and putting on the full armor of God (Ephesians).

I truely believe people think about Satan and panic and go into panic mode when in fact, if you do what your supposed to be doing, you got absolutely nothing to worry about because God will help you the entire way. SO, even for a new Christian, theres no reason to be afraid of Satan, there is reason to be alert and aware etc, but quite frankly- the end of the book [Bible] says God has the victory and all inside the book it says God won't leave us - so again- it's perfectly acceptable.

It's very important in any spiritual battle to remember that and not get so obsessed or whatever that you are fighting some enemy that is bigger then you are. The moment you start thinking about the size of the enemy you got the fear creeping in. It also clouds thoughts of reason and clouds the communication between you and the commander in chief (or Father).

If my point of view is unwise, then it is also unwise to continually give Satan credit about being so powerful - because it could also be misinterpretted that Satan might actually have a fighting chance to win with God, and really- the truth is he doesn't.

I guess it all depends on how secure you are in the heavenly father, and all Christians will go through a spiritual attack at some point or another but you can either let it drag you down or you can let it get you closer to God.

And whatever the decision is, it's not by Satan's doing: It by the humans own choice.

oh...and I'm not a "brother" i am a "sister".

Comment

...even though I'm dismissing him with a mouse with a roar...
                        With all due respect, no one said Satan is a mouse and seriously...
                        I'm not saying we should all panic when it comes to Satan, but don't dismiss him - it's foolish. That's all I'm saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekeak View Post
                          What happens if you just don't want to? And what happens if it seems like you're the only Christian (or there aren't any Christians) in the universe?
                          If you dont want to then your gonna have to stop serving the Lord and even then you will face attacks. It always feels like my wife and I are the only ones out there, but just like Elijah felt the same way and the Lord told him he has others (I think 7,000)

Comment

Well it can happen anytime and unexpected

Well, it can happen anytime and unexpected...I did experience once...that my grandma's car key disappear from thin air, nothing is covering it and it was the same place where it was place. You just need to have faith to ask the LORD Jesus Christ to stop that spiritual attacks in prayer. As the result, through my experience, it did appear back, me and my grandma tried to observe where it was. Have faith in GOD and GOD has the power to stop it. GOD never allows Satan to kill you but your faith will increase just like Job.
                            Shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu
                            2 Timothy 3:16 Jehovah Jireh Matthew 6:33

Comment

copying and pasting a previous post i made:

"Satan's Schemes" (2 Corinthians 2:11) by George Whitefield (1714-1770). "Originally preached in the 1700's. Discusses some of the key "schemes" that Satan uses against Christians. This sermon helps us to understand why godly Christians sometimes struggle in their walk with Christ. We have an enemy of our souls but we are not unaware of his schemes! The sermon that Satan DOES NOT want you to read or listen too!"

http://www.biblebb.com/files/whitefield/SCHEMES.HTM

#1 - Drive us to despair.

#2 - Tempt us to be proud, or to think more highly of ourselves then we should.

#3 - Tempt us to feel perplexed, and to begin to doubt God when our prayers seem to go unanswered.

#4 - Troubling the believer with blasphemous, impure, unbelieving thoughts.

#5 - Tempting us by our carnal friends and relatives.

#6 - Not tempting us at all, in order to "surprise" us when we least expect it.

i felt compelled to post this, as satan's schemes have been all to tangible of a reality in my life lately, particularly number 4.

my mind has been bombarded with horrendously sinister thoughts - so much so that i am not comfortable bringing them up.

however, i have to keep reminding myself that it is actually a good thing, because it's indicative that my spiritual condition is at least healthy enough that satan has found it necessary to attempt to damage it.

george whitefield, in the sermon posted above, says that when we are closest to god, this is when satan will attack us with these blasphemous and impure thoughts the most. man is that true!

Comment

Working...
                              X