Clear All

• Paramore

Any paramore fans here?

ooh yep! i like them!
    "Everyone needs a Hobab"~ Brother Mark

δολος Χριστός ησος
    sigpic

Comment

I can't stand them- It's the singer that does it (she can't sing) and their cheesy, cringe worthy music videos.

Rant over
      He's charging into hell and bringing heaven with him!- Rob Bell

"So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir" - Paul - Galations 4:7

Comment

riot!

so gooooood. i love it.
        music that's like heroine. so addictive.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend of Jesus View Post
          I can't stand them- It's the singer that does it (she can't sing) and their cheesy, cringe worthy music videos.

Rant over

I can't stand them either I think their overated........Flyleaf is better.

Comment

Wow i don't know how anyone could ever say that hayley williams cannot sing lol, hayley is phenominal lacey from flyleaf is good too but they arent very similar at all other than the fact that they are a female lead in a predominatly male band

paramore however i love for many reasons - they are a christian band, and they show that so well, they dont shove religion down peoples throats, they show who they are by the way they present themselvs, their lyrics almost often too, they're great role models and extremley talented.

hayley williams singing ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRo4RHmllUc

SERIOUSLEY, only a deaf person could say that Hayley can't sing.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded86 View Post
              Wow i don't know how anyone could ever say that hayley williams cannot sing lol, hayley is phenominal lacey from flyleaf is good too but they arent very similar at all other than the fact that they are a female lead in a predominatly male band

paramore however i love for many reasons - they are a christian band, and they show that so well, they dont shove religion down peoples throats, they show who they are by the way they present themselvs, their lyrics almost often too, they're great role models and extremley talented.

hayley williams singing ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRo4RHmllUc

SERIOUSLEY, only a deaf person could say that Hayley can't sing.

I never knew they were christian wow im late.I never said I disliked them but somtimes I can't stand them notice I said somtimes I usually don't listen to songs with clean singing all the way I need some harcore screaming in it with crazy guitar riffs. and i did not forget the DOUBLE BASS!!! I like songs that have clean singing and screaming and Underoath just does that perfectly.

My friend likes them but im more of a metal guy.AS I LAY DYING IS DOING A DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marc2x View Post
                I never knew they were christian wow im late.
                yeah, they aren't really how do i say .. outwardly public about their religion, because they don't want to turn people away, but on many occasions they will speak on it, after the show hayley was talkign to some fans about God and her walk with him, on their live journal she had a HUGE entry about the lyrics in the song misery business when she says "god does it feel so good" she went on and on about how terrible she felt takign the lord name in vain and all the people who she lead to do the same thing etc .. they are just a really impressive band,

check out the shirt

and this performance they did at Willow Creek Church

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX38CCsAoz4

they interviewed them during the service lol (they talk about faith)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmw2bCuDq-c and again speakin on faith .. i really love this band, theres something beyond talent thats great about htem, its cause they have God

Comment

i love when she starts talking about underoath and how they do bible studies on warped tour lol

Comment

I like their new single, Decode, part of the soundtrack for the movie Twilight. They could really think about some of their lyrics before they write them, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Xel'Naga View Post
                      I like their new single, Decode, part of the soundtrack for the movie Twilight. They could really think about some of their lyrics before they write them, though.

I love decode, and twilgiht is going to me amazing - i loved the series

what do you mean they should think about their lyrics?

Comment

what do you mean they should think about their lyrics?
                        Songs like Misery Business... Write lyrics and then spend 'X' time defending / apologizing for taking God's name in vain, the Christians that they are. Just handled poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by Xel'Naga View Post
                          Songs like Misery Business... Write lyrics and then spend 'X' time defending / apologizing for taking God's name in vain, the Christians that they are. Just handled poorly.

It's a little hypocritical of you to point fingers though don't you think. Have you never taken the lords name in vein, said a word that is frowned on, sinned ... anything.

The band is young, and was even younger when the song was written - its extremely big of them to even explain themselves or apologize. they didn't have to do that at all!!!

Christians should not judge other christians, cause none of us are perfect.

Comment

It's a little hypocritical of you to point fingers though don't you think. Have you never taken the lords name in vein, said a word that is frowned on, sinned ... anything.
                            No, I've never taken the Lord's name in vain, actually. Is this hypocritical of me to point out? No, not at all. If someone else is sinning am I going to stop and think, "Well... I sin too so maybe I shouldn't?" Well yeah, I understand someone's going to jump in and say, "But there's a plank in your eye!" - No, there isn't.

Am I condemning Paramore? Not in the least. All I've said is that they could have thought a bit more about including the lyric. That's a pretty basic and rational thought. They're in a position to influence people, welcome to that responsibility and the spotlight it brings.

Christians should not judge other christians, cause none of us are perfect.
                            Well three things: (1) It's not judging, (2) 2 Timothy 3:16-17 and (3) 1 Corinthians 5:9-13.

Comment

I guess i can try to get into them i just hope its not as hard as getting into Trivium when they released The Crusade.....any song recommendations?

Comment

Working...
                              X