Boxing, is it a Christian thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing, is it a Christian thing?

I am wondering, where does the bible stand on physical fighting sports, like Boxing?

Why do you feel the need to hit someone?
    Romans 8:11

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianKnight View Post
      I am wondering, where does the bible stand on physical fighting sports, like Boxing?
      I don't believe it stands anywhere. While I wouldn't like to box, if someone wants to, I don't see any problem with it. Especially in inner-city areas, sometimes small, local boxing groups can be the only things that keep kids from joining gangs or doing drugs or other things.

Comment

Nothing wrong with boxing; it's your motivation that's the issue. My younger brother is a known boxer in the area.4

Comment

Martial-arts and such can be a great thing. Builds physical and mental strength...as well as self-confidence. Teaches discipline. The only time one should be wary is when malice enters the heart.
          Jeremy, a bondservant of the Lord.

Today is a good day to die for Christ.

Comment

Sport is fine, any malicious intent is not. If you strike out because of anger then you conflict with Jesus.
            "Few men are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline"
            -Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." - James 2:26

Watch This! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA - Christian Artist Lecrae

Comment

I've been doing Judo for 8 years... still going

There is a mighty fine difference between a fighting sport and a fight. Namely the motivation.
              He's charging into hell and bringing heaven with him!- Rob Bell

"So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir" - Paul - Galations 4:7

Comment

I do not live in the city, never would either.

I fight cause for one, it will help me become healthy.
                It will give me a chance to try a sport that I might like.
                I can make friends.

Comment

If that is your motivation then more power to you.
                  Jeremy, a bondservant of the Lord.

Today is a good day to die for Christ.

Comment

Working...
                  X