Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piracy

Hi to all.

This is my first time I am posting in this forum.

Is piracy good or bad in the Christian context?

Thanks for any replies.

Originally posted by SilentThinker View Post
    Hi to all.

This is my first time I am posting in this forum.

Is piracy good or bad in the Christian context?

Thanks for any replies.
    No idea what your asking. Please ask your question in detail.
    So far your just asking is it ok to be a priate!
    God Bless
    Randy
    And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Comment

Hi SL, Welcome to the board. I think I know what you mean, i.e. copy cd's, dvd's ect. In my country it is considered as theft, and theft is a sin. So yes, then it is bad.
      Bless you
      M

Comment

Bad. Piracy is an absolute wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekeak View Post
          Bad. Piracy is an absolute wrong.
          It is stealing. Thus wrong.
          "Few men are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline"
          -Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." - James 2:26

Watch This! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA - Christian Artist Lecrae

Comment

Sorry for not telling specifically.

I mean like pirated video games or computer games?

Comment

Piracy of any kind, be it on the raging sea's (yarrrr!) or in the comfort of your own PC, is theft and people who do it are evil (as are we all due to our sin).
              "Few men are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline"

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." - James 2:26

Watch This! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA - Christian Artist Lecrae

Comment

Originally posted by Revinius View Post
                Piracy of any kind, be it on the raging sea's (yarrrr!) or in the comfort of your own PC, is theft and people who do it are evil (as are we all due to our sin).
                I approve of the old school pirate reference

Comment

Higher law --> Thou shalt not steal

Lower law --> http://www.lawteacher.net/PDF/TA%201968.pdf

Basically, God and the government say "no"
                  Without Jesus, the world would be naught.

John 1:1-5
                  1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Comment

Game developers BUST THEIR HUMPS to bring those things to market. Game Development is actually one of the quickest ways to burn out in the Information Technology world. Not only do they have to be top top TOP level programmers, but they often have to have specialized mathematics expertise. They deal with rude and acidic fan bases that blame developers for the design decisions made by project managers. They put their lives on hold and churn out 80 hour weeks for extended periods of time to push a title out the door, and once it goes... then its patch time.... and once thats done... then its on to the next title. Its an utterly thankless job.

You might as well walk into their house and steal the food right off their wife and childrens' plate.

Comment

Let's examine pirates; they are people who rob and then steal. Sure, perhaps Christ wouldn't listen to copyrighted material. But is "listening to" and "downloading" music actually anything outside of an ethical issue projected by the music industry via the U.S. Government. What is "use"? Does listening to pirated music actually define "use"? Is buying a stolen T.V. stealing? Who would Jesus judge for pirating music, the person or people who put the music on the network, or the people who download it?
                      I think "Judge not and you won't be judged" is very appropriate here.

Comment

Is buying a stolen T.V. stealing? [
                        If you know its stolen, absolutely.

Who would Jesus judge for pirating music, the person or people who put the music on the network, or the people who download it?
                        Both. Lets cut to the chase here. Who doesn't know they're doing something wrong by downloading something they'd otherwise have to walk into the store to buy?

I think "Judge not and you won't be judged" is very appropriate here.
                        How so?

Comment

Ok you got me there.

Comment

Ok you got me there.
                            Yeah mate. Can't rationalise something that is quite clearly black and white. It can't be 'dialogued away'. When you buy a cd, you buy the right to play that cd for 'personal use'. Personal use clearly does not mean making copies for friends to play in their houses nor putting it up on a peer to peer torrent.

Comment

How about buying blank DVD's from Best Buy and using a Netflix service to copy DVD files to computer and then burn them to blank discs?

Comment

Working...
                              X