Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever thought of moving somewhere far away and living like a hermit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have you ever thought of moving somewhere far away and living like a hermit?

Originally posted by Translucent1 View Post
    Recently I've been having thoughts of abandoning everything and everyone and moving somewhere far away and living like a hermit. I am severely unhappy where I live (Ottawa) and feel the need to change my environment.

Do you think this is a good idea? Or should I stick to the people and things I grew up with?
    I've responded once already to this OP however, this past five days my wife and I went "away." A break type vacation where we went camping... real camping, tent woods, away from all, etc.

We did a devotional like Bible Study on Sunday morning, "where 2 or more gather...", we also took time to do personal reading and praying but other than that... nothing cept enjoy the relaxation, the woods, we hiked, I took a ton of photos, did allot of writing, etc.

But, always a but, no Kingdom work and I relate to the OP in this way... as placing oneself in isolation and rendering oneself unable to be utilized by God for Kingdom work.

Sure, change an environment but always ask God,"where?" That way, you are in the place He needs you to do Kingdom work.
    Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Re: Have you ever thought of moving somewhere far away and living like a hermit?

Originally posted by Translucent1 View Post
      Recently I've been having thoughts of abandoning everything and everyone and moving somewhere far away and living like a hermit. I am severely unhappy where I live (Ottawa) and feel the need to change my environment.
      Do you think this is a good idea? Or should I stick to the people and things I grew up with?
      I've had this desire many times. I believe it comes from a yearning to leave the world behind and be closer to God. I've been learning to do this, I don't have to pick up and go anywhere.

Comment

That depends on what is bothering you. There was a time, a short time, during the most roughest part of mine and my family's life, I had thoughts nightly about walking away from it all. I also knew who was putting those thoughts into my head and I had to combat it. I stuck it out and God in His infinite grace brought much healing, but not without some pain...things I had to face.

Sometimes a change is good. A job in a good area can be a good thing. Moving to the country can be a good thing. But you said "and living like a hermit" and "stick to the people and things I grew up with". This implies there is a problem other than needing a change of scenery. If there is a problem and it concerns other people, then it might be easier to run somewhere else but that "problem" will follow you until you address it head on. This is something that you must do with God. I could be wrong and you simply want a change of scenery and a new life. In that case, if you can do it, do it. But if there is more to it, then you have to face it, address it and deal with it with God. If you simply live in a depressed area of Ottawa and you don't have problems with anyone, then maybe a change is good. Being by ourselves can be good provided it's a temporary thing to relax, gather our thoughts and take time with God. But isolating ourselves is dangerous because that is when the enemy will begin sending out those fiery darts.

Take a break, get away and get close to God and seek His direction. He will tell you what you need to know.

Live your life in such a
        way that, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...

"Oh NO.... she's awake!"

Slug1: No, I have it so short I can't comb it to the side like before

cheechamia: ken...dear...honey...you have NO hair to comb on the side!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X