Need advice on husband who is atheist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on husband who is atheist

My husband is an atheist. We were married for two years now, and I am desperate to convert him to become more God-fearing and read the Holy Scriptures. How should I do this?

Re: Need advice on husband who is atheist

Originally posted by Fantasyth View Post
    My husband is an atheist. We were married for two years now, and I am desperate to convert him to become more God-fearing and read the Holy Scriptures. How should I do this?
    Hi Fantasyth -

You are indeed in a very tough spot. Let me give you some helpful counsel - it comes from the Bible.

1 Peter 3 describes what a Christian wife is to do if she has an unbelieving husband.
    • revere him and respect him
    • your literal behavior - your "gentle and peaceful" spirit will get his attention turned to Christ far more than trying to talk him into it
    • don't try the outward and outlandish appearance approach of persuading him [that doesn't mean not to try and look nice]
    • allow the inward part of you - the part that has been changed by God - shine forth more than anything

My personal counsel?
    • pray without ceasing for him
    • don't focus in your heart and mind on the bad
      • his potentially being a negative influence as a father
      • your pain, frustration, and loss of what to do - GOD will do the work, YOU aren't responsible for "saving" your husband
      • his faults, flaws, and leaving you, spiritually speaking, abandoned
      • the overall misery of it
    • while you are praying to God to save your husband, pray to God that he will remove fears, doubts, and anxiety from your heart so that you can concentrate on trusting him

You are in my prayers.
    sigpic
    ".....it's your nickel"

Comment

Re: Need advice on husband who is atheist

I would suggest just demonstrating the love of Christ to him. Eventually he will envy your joy and peace and will want it for himself also. In other words, don't push him, pull him. It may take some time but eventually he will realize his ways do not work and his walls will come crashing down. And of course, pray for him.

Comment

Working...
      X