Mental Health ........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion Mental Health ........

Mental Health is a serious subject. It should not be taken lightly. I really dislike my own mental health issues. They follow me around like a ball and chain. Dealing with these issues can be hard. My top three I've had since I was a kid have been ADD, Depression, and Anxiety. In 2016 a guy I went to private school with passed away from a self inflicted gunshot wound to his head. He had been struggling with depression since we had been in school. I still struggle with my own issues on a daily basis. I am currently in counseling and 2 medications for mine. Sometimes it doesn't seem like enough. Then I read this else where the other day, its called Scrupulosity also known as Religious OCD. I have yet to discuss this with my Counselor but it does seem like it could tie into my anxieties. What to make of it i'm not sure. I never wanted to admit a lot of these issues. Always had been looked at as different in school. Got labeled a "Mommas boy". Laughed at cause I was so skinny. I was the odd one with a learning disability and speech issues. I wanted to be NORMAL and accepted. I never expected to have the life I've had and would never wish it on anyone else either. I deal with these things one day at a time and sometimes one hour at a time. If your dealing with these then know you're not alone. I used to have a hard time talking about these things but I'm starting too. Its all a process.

Re: Mental Health ........

Originally posted by Shadow of a Sinner View Post
    Mental Health is a serious subject. It should not be taken lightly. I really dislike my own mental health issues. They follow me around like a ball and chain. Dealing with these issues can be hard. My top three I've had since I was a kid have been ADD, Depression, and Anxiety. In 2016 a guy I went to private school with passed away from a self inflicted gunshot wound to his head. He had been struggling with depression since we had been in school. I still struggle with my own issues on a daily basis. I am currently in counseling and 2 medications for mine. Sometimes it doesn't seem like enough. Then I read this else where the other day, its called Scrupulosity also known as Religious OCD. I have yet to discuss this with my Counselor but it does seem like it could tie into my anxieties. What to make of it i'm not sure. I never wanted to admit a lot of these issues. Always had been looked at as different in school. Got labeled a "Mommas boy". Laughed at cause I was so skinny. I was the odd one with a learning disability and speech issues. I wanted to be NORMAL and accepted. I never expected to have the life I've had and would never wish it on anyone else either. I deal with these things one day at a time and sometimes one hour at a time. If your dealing with these then know you're not alone. I used to have a hard time talking about these things but I'm starting too. Its all a process.
    Hello SoaS, this is a bad story and I wish you would consider what I'm about to say. The world we live in, is not just deprived of Spiritual health which can be solved by reading and studying Scripture. Forums like this can help you with that. Yet remember, faith comes from within you, nobody can give you faith.

Besides that, our physical health has a lot to endure as well, most diets are loaded with chemical additives, fats and sugars we don't need at all — on the contrary —, and no or hardly any nutrients.

…..[Rest of post, including link deleted by jayne. We cannot give medical advise other than "see your doctor". Nor can we sell products here or link to where product are sold.]

Aristarkos

Comment

Originally posted by Aristarkos View Post
      Hello SoaS, this is a bad story and I wish you would consider what I'm about to say. The world we live in, is not just deprived of Spiritual health which can be solved by reading and studying Scripture. Forums like this can help you with that. Yet remember, faith comes from within you, nobody can give you faith.

Besides that, our physical health has a lot to endure as well, most diets are loaded with chemical additives, fats and sugars we don't need at all — on the contrary —, and no or hardly any nutrients.
      Thanks for trying to sell me into a diet craze thing. However, things are now quite the opposite of skinny. Thats a result of comfort eating which ties into my depression. The main issue lately has been pain in my legs and my anxieties while trying to go back to work. I've lost some weight as a result which isn't a bad thing but the mental stress caused from the anxieties is exhausting. U just cant walk away from annoying anxieties.
      Last edited by jayne; Oct 17 2018, 05:00 PM. Reason: Re-phrase

Comment

one thing to remember, depression is not a sin. your mental health doesn't mean there is something wrong with your spiritual walk. many in the bible dealt with depression but they were encouraged, not condemned. even Jesus. if you look at his prayer in the garden and look up "exceeding" and "sorrowful" and other words used in the dictionary and in strong's concordance (to see what the original greek meant) you will see He struggled too. we're told we have a high priest (Jesus) who is familiar with everything we might go through. tempted yet without sin. everything means everything, including depression, anxiety and anything else you can think of. you aren't alone.

Comment

thing is, why do you have to entertain any thoughts? you might not be able to stop them from starting the first initial thought that starts the rest, as in a bad memory or traumatizing memory for example that can if entertained send you down a path or train of thought, but there is nothing under the sun that makes one entertain it.
          Let there be Light

Comment

…..[Rest of post, including link deleted by jayne. We cannot give medical advise other than "see your doctor". Nor can we sell products here or link to where product are sold.]
            Hello Jayne, I'm sorry I've stamped on some rules without knowing it. I will explain how I got there. There's a lot of free stuff on the site I provided, I didn't realize they also sell stuff and that it wasn't allowed. I never gave him medical advice, I gave him food advice which as far as I'm concerned is in agreement with Gen. 1:29 where the Lord tells Adam he can only eat plant based foods. After the transgression of Eve this changes and meat is allowed. I never told him he should stop seeing his physician or stop taking his meds. The site I sent him to is being run by American medical doctors, not charlatans. I was only trying to help.

Aristarkos

Comment

Thanks for trying to sell me into a diet craze thing.
              I'm really sorry you see it that way, that was not my intention.

However, things are now quite the opposite of skinny. Thats a result of comfort eating which ties into my depression. The main issue lately has been pain in my legs and my anxieties while trying to go back to work. I've lost some weight as a result which isn't a bad thing but the mental stress caused from the anxieties is exhausting. U just cant walk away from annoying anxieties.
              I know, that's why I tried to help.

Aristarkos

Comment

I'm really sorry you see it that way, that was not my intention.

I know, that's why I tried to help.

Aristarkos
                I understand your intentions. It just came across wrong. I've had most of these issues since I was a kid. Its been some time and I'm in my 40's now.

Comment

I understand your intentions. It just came across wrong. I've had most of these issues since I was a kid. Its been some time and I'm in my 40's now.
                  Talking about it helps. It gets the our fear of our issues on the table and when they are on the table, they don't look quite so scary.

We cannot give your medical advice here, but we can advise that you see your doctor regularly. You said you have not told him about your concerns with scrupulosity. I would tell him as soon as possible. We do more harm than good when we diagnose ourselves. Google will make you think you are dying!

I feel your pain as I struggle with depression and anxiety myself. Yes, exercise and a healthy eating can help. What is healthy for you? You'll have to talk to your doctor about that.
                  sigpic
                  ".....it's your nickel"

Comment

Working...
                  X