Have you cried watching a movie? "Men, crying?! What?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you cried watching a movie? "Men, crying?! What?"

Be honest, have you ever cried watching a movie? I have... 'Radio' you have to be made out of stone not to cry watching this movie... So, have you cried?

What!?!?

Um, actually, Saving Private Ryan got me at the end. I wasn't gushing mind you but I had to fight to keep from one sliding down my cheek.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Comment

It does not make you a sissy if you cry during Rudy!!!

The part just before the end with the "Here coach, I want Rudy to have my Jersey" gets me every time!
      "The greatest single cause of atheism in the
      world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus
      with their lips then walk out the door and deny
      Him by their lifestyles. That is what
      an unbelieving world simply
      finds unbelievable."

~ Brennan Manning

Comment

Sure...all the time.

<---Me, at a sad movie.
        <---My wife, at the same sad movie, while looking at me.
        <---My buddies, after looking at me at a sad movie.
        <---My buddies, walking far away from me after the sad movie.
        θεοφιλε

Comment

"Passion Of The Christ." I honestly could barely keep it together while watching it. I could feel tears welling up, throat tightening up, the whole works. I did not actually allow any tears to roll down the face, but it took everything in me to stop it from happening. Just thinking of images from the movie right now is starting the process a little. The movie was so powerful that it's not one I could continually watch over and over. When I was a kid, in 1982, it was "E.T." It crushed me when the friendly little alien died. I'm not proud to admit this because it was a "chick flick," but the movie "Titanic" got to me some a few years back. Not because of the romance between Jack and Rose coming to an end when Jack drowned, but because of all the sad scenes of people realizing they were going to die as the ship was slowly sinking, like the immigrant mother tucking her children in bed and trying to reassure them somehow that things were going to be ok while they were locked below deck and had no chance of escape. Also, a scene where a ship employee that had to break up a fight amongst panicked people trying to get into a life boat by shooting his gun into the air became very heart wrenching when he realized how grim the situation was and decided to shoot himself in the head despite the pleas from his fellow shipmates.

Comment

Yes, I cry during some movies. I cried when Spock died (No, I'm serious)
            Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
              I hear you, Slug. "STAR TREK II: The Wrath Of Khan." Good movie. The part where Kirk said that Spock, despite being part Vulcan and constantly suppressing his human side, was the most human of everybody that he knew and fell apart as he said it...movie masterpiece!

Comment

Well, God blessed... or cursed maybe... blessed me with a very soft heart. I cry at a lot of sad movies. It's very hard to control.
                "If there is no God, one will lose nothing by believing in him. If there is a God, one will lose everything by not believing"
                "If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing. Wager then without hesitation, that He exists."
                Blaise Pascal

Edited by God : May 22nd 1992 at 07:43 PM. Edited 174698718157 times since then

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
                  Yea, Amazing grace on the bag pipes does it every time
                  ὁ ̓Ιησοῦς κύριος

Comment

I even Cry when I watch little house on the prairie
                    With Love In Christ
                    Brother Ken

Comment

Normally I do not cry during movies, but once in a while one will get me. I remember watching tons of movies that made my wife cry and she would look at me like I was weirdest thing ever for not crying during the movie. Than one time I have no clue why but we were watching Field of Dreams and I started crying at the end when Ray wanted to have a catch with his dad. Now mind you I have seen this movie a million times but for some reason it got me an emotional state, than my wife who was my girlfriend at the time looked at me and started laughing while doing the awww honey thats cute. Now during times when I watch movies with some of my friends I'll hear "Remember when you cried in Field of Dreams?"

Comment

Most things in movies don't affect me, but a dog dying will get me every time. I'm so soft-hearted when it comes to animals, it's not even funny. I can watch people die in a war movie all day without shedding a single tear. The minute someone's dog dies, though, I just lose it.
                        We long to be known and we fear it like nothing else.
                        Most people live with subtle dread that one day,
                        they will be discovered for who they really are,
                        and the world will be appalled.
                        - Curtis, Brent and John Eldredge,
                        The Sacred Romance: Drawing Closer to the Heart of God

The joy is not in hiding, the joy is in being found.
                        - David Terry

My Testimony

Comment

Originally posted by lbeaty1981 View Post
                          Most things in movies don't affect me, but a dog dying will get me every time. I'm so soft-hearted when it comes to animals, it's not even funny. I can watch people die in a war movie all day without shedding a single tear. The minute someone's dog dies, though, I just lose it.
                          Same here, weird eh?

Comment

Dozens of times.

50 first dates
                            For Love of the Game
                            League of Their Own
                            Saving Private Ryan (scene where Giovanni Ribisi cries for his Mom as dying)
                            BraveHeart
                            Mask
                            Elephant Man

Just a few I can think of off the top of the head.
                            WDJD - what DID Jesus do

He died on a cross for our sin and rose from the dead,
                            securing, for all who believe, eternal life and forgiveness of sin

Toolman

Comment

I think I almost cried watching ER today

No! Not Lucy!!!
                              "If there is no God, one will lose nothing by believing in him. If there is a God, one will lose everything by not believing"
                              "If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing. Wager then without hesitation, that He exists."
                              Blaise Pascal

__________________________________________________
                              Edited by God : May 22nd 1992 at 07:43 PM. Edited 174698718157 times since then

Comment

Working...
                              X