Weight lifters ENTER! pls :P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight lifters ENTER! pls :P

Well tonight I am going to do a chest workout and I was wondering how much can you bench? I haven't benched in months... I have no one to spot me at the gym and I don't want to throw up 200 lbs so it comes tumbling back down onto my chest lol. I can dumbell press 80 lbs per arm maxed, (roughly) so I am assuming I can bench around 210 on bench max since dumbbell presses are harder.

When I was lifting consistantlly my max bench never went over 295.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewanderson View Post
      When I was lifting consistantlly my max bench never went over 295.

I hope I can lift that when I weigh 190. I'm only 140 atm.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottizzle View Post
        Well tonight I am going to do a chest workout and I was wondering how much can you bench? I haven't benched in months... I have no one to spot me at the gym and I don't want to throw up 200 lbs so it comes tumbling back down onto my chest lol. I can dumbell press 80 lbs per arm maxed, (roughly) so I am assuming I can bench around 210 on bench max since dumbbell presses are harder.
        I consistantly do 3 x 8 reps on a downward scale. I start at 360, then 315 and 270 to end.
        Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

Ok, I think we need to put how much we can bench AND how much we weigh, for some perspective.

The last time I lifted consistantly I was in high school. I weighed 135 and benched 200 by the end of the semester. I have no idea what I could bench now.
          a sojourner...
          Diognetus 5.1 Christians are not distinguished from the rest of humanity by country, language, or custom. 2 Nowhere do they live in cities of their own, nor do they speak some unusual dialect... 4 While they live in both Greek and barbarian cities, as each one’s lot was cast... they demonstrate the remarkable and unusual character of their own citizenship. 5 They live in their own countries, but only as aliens; they participate in everything as citizens, and endure everything as foreigners. Every foreign country is their fatherland, and every fatherland is foreign.whatisatuma?

Comment

Well I feel young in lifting because I really just started not too long ago. I worked out somewhat over the summer but now I got the best junior/senior gym teacher in the school and im working hard, so right now my max is like 125/130. I weigh about 125 so I'm ok for now, but I'm hoping to eventually get my max up to 180ish and my weight idk, 140ish?

Comment

I weigh 138lbs and I can bench 125 for 6 reps of 3 sets.

Comment

Lets make it the age adn body weight you where when you completed wahtever your stated max bench is.

I know I could not put up 295 now. Since I got my new position and my wife became pregnant I have not been to the gym in the past six months .

So:

Body Weight: 170
                Max Bench: 295

Comment

I think my max was: 185 x 3, when i was 18 and weighted about 175. The problem for me is that i can workout consistently for a semester and feel good about it, but my grades usually start to slip so the next semester i put down the lifting and start studying hard. However i still made a lot of progress. Weighted 140 when getting my driver's lience when Junior year of highschool, by the end of the sophmore year of College i was 180.

Comment

I haven't benched in months... I have no one to spot me at the gym and I don't want to throw up 200 lbs so it comes tumbling back down onto my chest lol. I can dumbell press 80 lbs per arm maxed, (roughly) so I am assuming I can bench around 210 on bench max since dumbbell presses are harder.
                    Why can't you ask someone there to give you a spot? I do it all the time, most guys are glad to help give a spot.

Well tonight I am going to do a chest workout and I was wondering how much can you bench?
                    At my very strongest I can get 315 for reps, if I am training bench press for a couple of months. Usually ride in the 225-275 range for reps of 7-4.

I'm 43 and weight usually runs between 190 and 205 depending on whether bulking or trimming.

I usually prefer dumbbell incline presses and weighted dips to flat bench barbell press though.
                    WDJD - what DID Jesus do

He died on a cross for our sin and rose from the dead,
                    securing, for all who believe, eternal life and forgiveness of sin

Toolman

Comment

Brother, I bet if you find spotter and work on flat bench for a week or two you will find your max bench is over 250 lbs.

When I was doing 80 lbs EA on dumbbell bench I was benching:

225 lbs x 10
                      235 lbs x 8
                      245 lbs x 6
                      255lbs x to failure (normally 3-5)

Comment

Originally posted by andrewanderson View Post
                        Brother, I bet if you find spotter and work on flat bench for a week or two you will find your max bench is over 250 lbs.

When I was doing 80 lbs EA on dumbbell bench I was benching:

225 lbs x 10
                        235 lbs x 8
                        245 lbs x 6
                        255lbs x to failure (normally 3-5)

Did you weigh 140 lbs? lol

Comment

I believe Joe Ceklovsky currently holds the world record with a bench of 520 lbs. at a body weight of 147.5 lbs.

Just for inspiration

Make sure you don't do this though:
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSJCD...elated&search=
                          WDJD - what DID Jesus do

He died on a cross for our sin and rose from the dead,
                          securing, for all who believe, eternal life and forgiveness of sin

Toolman

Comment

Originally posted by Toolman View Post
                            I believe Joe Ceklovsky currently holds the world record at 148lbs. with a bench of 520 lbs. at a body weight of 147.5 lbs.

Just for inspiration

Make sure you don't do this though:
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSJCD...elated&search=

I can hold quite a bit up above me, but if it drops to fast I need to get that bounce to get it back up haha.

Comment

Nope 200 lbs. Strength is not dependant on weight. If two people can lift 80 lbs EA for dumbbell press and one weights 225 and the other weights 150 it doesn't really matter. It takes the same amount of muscle to lift that weight.

Comment

Working...
                              X