No announcement yet.

Exercise and Diet -- JIML

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i still feel pain in my back, in fact these last couple of days were pretty bad, i had hard time sleeping at night and such, i'm pretty sure now that i pulled one of my muscles in the back. I won't be doing any squats/deadlifts this week, but i'm gonna go to my basement to workout. I'll see what excercises i can do.

Comment

Jim - you need gentle stretching, Ibuprofen, and Rest. It's ok to continue to work-out though as long as your mindful of not putting any pressure on your lower back for a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Otter77 View Post
        Jim - you need gentle stretching, Ibuprofen, and Rest. It's ok to continue to work-out though as long as your mindful of not putting any pressure on your lower back for a little bit.
        I agree, stay away from the squats and deads for now.

I would use some heat and massage also if you can.
        WDJD - what DID Jesus do

He died on a cross for our sin and rose from the dead,
        securing, for all who believe, eternal life and forgiveness of sin

Toolman

Comment

Friday 10/12/07

Well my back is a lot better now, i can actually sleep at night hehehe.
          Had a light workout today, no squats and deadlifts. Did some machine work and some preacher curls along with my bench.

Bench: 170 x5x5x5

Comment

Wednesday 10/17/07

Hey you guys, you know what i came up with. Since i cannot do regular squats right now because my back still hurts a little (its not bad now but i don't wanna risk it), i figured i can do one-leg squats using only my bodyweight. It turned out to be a lot harder than i thought, and on my way down the stairs i realized that it worked very well.

Other than that i did my regulard bench, dips, abs.

Bench: 175 x5x5x4
            Dips: 2 x10 +10 lbs.

Comment

Oh, forgot to add. Friday 10/19/07

Military 115 x5x5x5
              Lat Pulldowns (close grip) 155lbs x5x5x5

Comment

Looking good JIML!

Consistency is the key.
                WDJD - what DID Jesus do

Toolman

Comment

Monday 10/22/07

Bench 175 x5x5x5

Comment

Wednesday: 24/10/07

Did the usual one leg squat thing.
                    Military 115 x5x4x5 (I think on the second set my grip was too narrow, making the movement a lot harder).
                    Pull-ups: 10, 9

Friday: 26/10/07

Bench: 180 x5x5x5 (I'm actually surprised that i can still add weight almost every workout to my bench, i guess my genetics aren't that bad after all hehehe)
                    Dips + 10lbs: 12, 10
                    Cable Row: 140x5x5x5 (doing this instead of deadlift)
                    Abs pulldown: 92.5 x10x10x10
                    One Legged squats: 3x5

Comment

Monday 10/29/07

Tried doing squats with 185 lbs, but still felt pain in my lower back, so i discontinued doing them. Trying doing bent-over rows but they don't feel comfortable either.

Military: 115 x5x5x5 this felt pretty good today, i read up on the technique and grip so i felt better when doing these.
                      Pull-Ups: 2 x10

Comment

Wednesday 10/31/07
                        Had to do a quick workout because i had to study.
                        Bench: 185 x5x5x4 (185 x5 is my new personal record!!!)
                        Dips +10lbs: 12, 11

Comment

Friday 11/2/07

Military: 120 x5x5x3
                          Chin-ups: 11, 10

*Did some abs stuff and single leg squats

Ok, I think i will take the next week off from training, i think my body could use some recovery. This week, even though i performed well in the gym, i felt like i need some rest. Also my right elbow has been a little sensitive lately, its not pain, its like a feeling of my nerve getting jammed or something, like my arm gets a little numb. SO i think taking a week off would be good for me since i've been lifting non-stop for like 2 1/2 month now.

So Toolman and Otter, what i need from you guys is to come here in a week, and if i'm not posting - you guys should kick my butt!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JIML View Post
                            So Toolman and Otter, what i need from you guys is to come here in a week, and if i'm not posting - you guys should kick my butt!!!
                            All right!!!

I'm on the job
                            WDJD - what DID Jesus do

Toolman

Comment

Hey guys, i haven't posted yet, because i got a little sick over the weekend, so i haven't worked out yet, but i'm planning on going tomorrow if i feel alright.

Comment

do it!!!

(tomorrow, but only if you feel good)... it's not worth hurting yourself.

I've actually mostly got back on-board in the last few weeks except for this week which I've been taking off because I screwed-up my elbow this weekend somehow.... *argh!*

Comment

Working...
                                X