Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone laugh at those people in the gym?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone laugh at those people in the gym?

Sorry if this sounds cruel, but has anyone ever laughed at those guys who think they're big stuff in the gym and scream and drop weights for attention?

"YEAH BUDDY!" "LIGHT WEIGHT BAAABY!" "LIFT THAT SHHH, LIFT THAT SHHH!"

These two guys in the gym are so funny, they scream when they lift and one of the guys won't say the S word in the gym but he'll say, Hit that shh, makes me wanna fall on the ground and laugh.

Haha, hey lifting weights can be extremely pleasurable. Though I've yet to feel the need to vocalize that pleasure in such a way lol.
    Jeremy, a bondservant of the Lord.

Today is a good day to die for Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottizzle View Post
      Sorry if this sounds cruel, but has anyone ever laughed at those guys who think they're big stuff in the gym and scream and drop weights for attention?

These two guys in the gym are so funny, they scream when they lift and one of the guys won't say the S word in the gym but he'll say, Hit that shh, makes me wanna fall on the ground and laugh.
      man... I hate that. So rude...

It is pretty laughable too, I think every gym must have one or a few guys like this... mine certainly did. They're quite impressed with themselves aren't they? Too bad Jesus doesn't see it that way.

Comment

He who exalts himself will be humbled and he who humbles himself will be exalted.

Comment

Originally posted by JerAyala View Post
          He who exalts himself will be humbled and he who humbles himself will be exalted.

Well don't get me wrong I do it too if it's heavy... So maybe it should be "He whom humbles himself unless he wishes to poop thy pants, may scream to lift heavier." lol

Comment

Originally posted by Scottizzle View Post

I think i witnessed that kind of thing only once, and the guy was squatting 500lbs so i think he had the right to scream.

Comment

If you don't have the urge to scream you ain't working hard enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Huck View Post

I disagree, the reason why people scream is to get adrenaline pumping, some people would also do this when they're running for their lives to speed themselves up, screaming while running increases your adrenaline hence making you run faster, which I would think would apply to lifting, but if you're yelling so you can get the attention of someone else, you're losing your breath and struggling to get 6 reps in... When people drop weights and yell with basically all of their lifts in the gym, then you know that they're not intelligent enough to know the facts I stated above.

Comment

Originally posted by Huck View Post
                  I've over-worked and torn plenty of muscles without screaming...

Comment

Tore a hamstring awhile back...Not fun hahah.

Comment

Originally posted by JerAyala View Post
                      Tore a hamstring awhile back...Not fun hahah.

I did too, both but at different times when I was like 8-9... I was running then I'm like. oww cramp. OW CRAMP, OW CRAMP! AHHH PAAAIN! lol

Comment

I holler a bit when I'm doing squats in the 300+ range. It definitely helps me complete the rep but its not anything obnoxious, more like something one would learn in martial arts.

Personally, when I have that much on the bar doing squats I don't care what other people think. Anyone who thinks it abnormal is definitely still squatting the "ladies" weight
                        Last edited by Toolman; Dec 6th 2007, 04:33 PM.
                        WDJD - what DID Jesus do

He died on a cross for our sin and rose from the dead,
                        securing, for all who believe, eternal life and forgiveness of sin

Toolman

Comment

Originally posted by Toolman View Post
                          I holler a bit when I doing squats in the 300+ range. It definitely helps me complete the rep but its not anything obnoxious, more like something one would learn in martial arts.

Personally, when I have that much on the bar doing squats I don't care what other people think. Anyone who thinks it abnormal is definitely still squatting the "ladies" weight
                          Yeah... I don't think that's what we're talking about here... at least the guys that I was referring to when saying "I've seen that" were more like doing curls or bench and then also demonstratively dropping/throwing the weight to the ground... which is equally stupid and dangerous.

I've definitely been known to grunt loudly at reasonable and appropriate times such as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Otter77 View Post
                            Yeah... I don't think that's what we're talking about here... at least the guys that I was referring to when saying "I've seen that" were more like doing curls or bench and then also demonstratively dropping/throwing the weight to the ground... which is equally stupid and dangerous.
                            No, I'm hip to exactly the "type" you are talking about. They scream at each other on every set for "motivation" and then drop the weights with much gusto at the end of each and every set.

Very annoying and distracting for sure. Nothing wrong with a bit of motivation but please keep it to yourself and your partner... no need to scream for the whole gym to hear your motivating banter
                            WDJD - what DID Jesus do

He died on a cross for our sin and rose from the dead,
                            securing, for all who believe, eternal life and forgiveness of sin

Toolman

Comment

Originally posted by Toolman View Post
                              I holler a bit when I doing squats in the 300+ range. It definitely helps me complete the rep but its not anything obnoxious, more like something one would learn in martial arts.
                              Haha every once and awhile, I'll find myself letting out a sharp kihap when I'm finishing a set.

Comment

Working...
                              X