Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've lost about 75 pounds and recommend fitness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've lost about 75 pounds and recommend fitness!

At 6'1 and 291 I had to do something (49 years old). I started following the weight watchers diet (informally) and took up walking about a year ago. Last weigh in was about 217. My goal is 190.

I urge everyone in need to try a program. You won't regret it. I tried telling myself I couldn't do it, I was somehow big-boned or meant to be fat, etc.

I'm glad each day I did. I can't believe I feel so much better. I will be asking for and offering advice and encouragement regarding fitness!

Mike

MM,

Man!! Congratulations on making that tremendous goal. Excellent encouragement.
    WDJD - what DID Jesus do

He died on a cross for our sin and rose from the dead,
    securing, for all who believe, eternal life and forgiveness of sin

Toolman

Comment

that's absolutely incredible Mike and I mean that with the greatest sincerity. For a guy like me to whine about needing to lose 30-40lbs... you certainly set the standard of manliness!!

Comment

WOW, Mike, that is incredible! Congratulations for having the tenacity to stick with your goals in this amazing accomplishment! It's especially encouraging given your age, as the older you are the harder it is to lose the weight.

I'm glad you posted this, brother. I've no doubt many are reading this and saying to themselves, If he can do it at 49, surely I can do it too!

Fantastic inspiration!

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. Otter, I had a little too much manliness!

As for the age comments, I would only say I wish I had done it years ago.

And one recommendation - prayer! No matter the program you choose, always pray when you are tempted. The power of that amazed me, though it shouldn't have.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan Mike View Post
            At 6'1 and 291 I had to do something (49 years old). I started following the weight watchers diet (informally) and took up walking about a year ago. Last weigh in was about 217. My goal is 190.

I urge everyone in need to try a program. You won't regret it. I tried telling myself I couldn't do it, I was somehow big-boned or meant to be fat, etc.

I'm glad each day I did. I can't believe I feel so much better. I will be asking for and offering advice and encouragement regarding fitness!

Mike

Hey good job!

God bless you
            Come, Lord Jesus

I Have given them the glory that you gave me, That they may be one as we are one: I in Them And You In Me. May they be brought to complete unityto let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me -Lord Jesus: John 17:22,23

JESUS: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS

Comment

That gives me an idea...thanks. Gonna see if my wife wants to join that for Chrsitmas this year.

That staement alone would be enough to get most men seriously killed. Fortunately my wife isn't like that. She's one of those women that has been struggling to lose the same 25 ponds forever and she's very open about it with me. Now that I think about it, Weight Watchers has been around forever so there must be something to the program that is more than just a fad...maybe she should give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan Mike View Post

Mike
                Awesome job Mike! Praise God!
                Psalm 19:14
                Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.
                sigpic

Comment

Dude, that's AWESOME!

Here's what I recommend for losing weight:

Eat a lot of lean meat, STAY AWAY FROM ALL BREAD. Eat a LOT of green veggies and fruits.
                  Also exercise at least once a day. It doesn't matter if it is a workout or cardio. I also recommend running for getting rid of that extra flab.

EDIT:
                  You can reward yourself with cake and stuff like that about once a week when you reach certain goals. Make mini-goals for yourself to get to the greater goal. It'll be MUCH better that way.
                  Without Jesus, the world would be naught.

John 1:1-5
                  1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Comment

Working...
                  X