No announcement yet.

Peanut Butter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sister didn't have any cravings while she was pregnant, but she could not eat chocolate or pizza without getting a terrible upset stomach. As big of a junk food junkie as she was, it was a pretty rough pregnancy for her!
    We long to be known and we fear it like nothing else.
    Most people live with subtle dread that one day,
    they will be discovered for who they really are,
    and the world will be appalled.
    - Curtis, Brent and John Eldredge,
    The Sacred Romance: Drawing Closer to the Heart of God

The joy is not in hiding, the joy is in being found.
    - David Terry

My Testimony

Comment

Originally posted by lbeaty1981 View Post
      Have you ever tried natural peanut butter? Tastes a whole lot better than the other stuff, imho. All it contains is ground up peanuts, so it's not quite as sweet as most of the commercial stuff.
      Completely agree... much better tasting and better for you... lots of good, essential fats and tons of protein.

My brand?

WDJD - what DID Jesus do

He died on a cross for our sin and rose from the dead,
      securing, for all who believe, eternal life and forgiveness of sin

Toolman

Comment

That's my brand of choice too! I go with the chunky, though. I like my peanut butter to have a little crunch to it.
        We long to be known and we fear it like nothing else.
        Most people live with subtle dread that one day,
        they will be discovered for who they really are,
        and the world will be appalled.
        - Curtis, Brent and John Eldredge,
        The Sacred Romance: Drawing Closer to the Heart of God

The joy is not in hiding, the joy is in being found.
        - David Terry

My Testimony

Comment

I like peanut butter and bacon sammiches as Hannah calls them.
          The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23

Comment

Boy do I remember those cravings when I was pregnant. Get out of the way...

I had always shared my plate (whatever I was eating with my husband, because I usually would be full before I finished my plate.) That was when I was not pregnant but look out when I was pregnant do not even look at my plate...those were some good eatin times. Yep. Choice memories.I remember my sister used to hide in a closet and eat blueberry muffins cause she was over doing it...bless her heart. She did get caught...with muffin all over her face.Yep...those were some good times. Nobody would want most of the mixtures I came up with...like yogurt and chopped dill pickles on a flr tortillaicky

But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you;
            may those who love your salvation always say,
            "The LORD be exalted!" Psalms 40:16
            <><

For God so Loved the World that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth on Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by lbeaty1981 View Post
              Have you ever tried natural peanut butter? Tastes a whole lot better than the other stuff, imho. All it contains is ground up peanuts, so it's not quite as sweet as most of the commercial stuff.

I always like hearing stories about pregnancy hormones. One of my friends up in oklahoma said the last time she was pregnant, she was constantly getting cravings for pimiento cheese. She ate a ton of it during her pregnancy, but hasn't touched the stuff since then!
              Yeah I think I've tried it once or twice. I should start getting that instead.

It's funny reading about all these different cravings you women have had! lol!

For the most part, I just crave food. I got pregnant, and I got HUNGRY!! And I can't not eat. When I'm hungry, I HAVE to eat! I'm like a bear or something. lol!
              Why are you looking for love
              Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
              To where will you go child
              Tell me where will you run
              To where will you run

Comment

Originally posted by aliveinchrist View Post
                Yeah I think I've tried it once or twice. I should start getting that instead.

It's funny reading about all these different cravings you women have had! lol!

For the most part, I just crave food. I got pregnant, and I got HUNGRY!! And I can't not eat. When I'm hungry, I HAVE to eat! I'm like a bear or something. lol!
                Do you like hummus? It is a great and tasty way to up your protein. I have a recipe if you are interested.
                Blessings,

Road Warrior

Proverbs 4:23
                23 Guard your heart above all else,
                for it determines the course of your life.

Comment

Does anyone else like chocolate hazelnut spread? It's so good
                  The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23

Comment

I love peanut butter and peanuts, but there's something about the stickiness of the nut - they stick to the teeth and you're eating it all day. That could be what you're experiencing. I have to be sure to brush my teeth after eating nuts, or I feel the way you described it.
                    "He comforts us in all our trouble, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in every trouble, through the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." 2 Cor 1:4

"forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead," Phil 3:13

"For our citizenship is in heaven, ..." Phil 3:20

Click here if you were wounded spiritually after abortion.
                    Click here if you are pregnant and need help.
                    Click here if you have been raped and are looking for help

Comment

Originally posted by ddmor View Post
                      I love peanut butter and peanuts, but there's something about the stickiness of the nut - they stick to the teeth and you're eating it all day. That could be what you're experiencing. I have to be sure to brush my teeth after eating nuts, or I feel the way you described it.
                      A big glass of ice cold milk helps also
                      WDJD - what DID Jesus do

He died on a cross for our sin and rose from the dead,
                      securing, for all who believe, eternal life and forgiveness of sin

Toolman

Comment

Originally posted by RoadWarrior View Post
                        Do you like hummus? It is a great and tasty way to up your protein. I have a recipe if you are interested.
                        I don't think I've ever tried it. But I would like to, and am very interested in the recipe! Thank you!
                        Why are you looking for love
                        Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
                        To where will you go child
                        Tell me where will you run
                        To where will you run

Comment

Hummus

Originally posted by aliveinchrist View Post
                          I don't think I've ever tried it. But I would like to, and am very interested in the recipe! Thank you!
                          I like to keep some of this on hand, it makes a great snack in between meals. My sister could not find Tahini, so she used peanut butter and loved it. It is usually found in the health food section of the store.

Hummus Appetizer

Serve it cold or at room temperature, with crackers or cubes of french bread, or raw veggies.

1 can Garbanzo beans. (I drain and rinse, then add a little water to the blender as needed.)
                          3 T. Tahini (Sesame Seed butter)
                          2 T Lemon Juice
                          5 green onions, chopped
                          1 clove garlic, pressed or chopped
                          1/2 tsp cumin (powdered)
                          2 T soy sauce
                          1 T fresh parsley, chopped (to sprinkle on top and make it pretty. alternatively, I use dried parsley in the blender with the other ingredients)

Mix all ingredients except parsley in blender until well blended. Using a spatula, scrape out of blender and into a serving dish. Sprinkle parsley on top and serve.

Blessings,

Road Warrior

Comment

Spicy Tuna Dip

While I'm at it, here is another good recipe to boost protein. Do you like spicy foods? If so, this one is totally yummy! It can also be used as sandwich filling.

Tuna Dip, Spicy

1 13-oz can white tuna, drained
                            1 7-oz can pickled mild jalapeno chiles, chopped, juices included
                            1 minced onion
                            1 bunch cilantro, chopped
                            cup mayonnaise

Mix ingredients by hand (not blender) until mushy.

Serve with tortilla chips.
                            Blessings,

Road Warrior

Comment

Working...
                            X