Peanut Butter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peanut Butter

Does peanut butter leave a REALLY bad aftertaste in your mouth?

I had two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches this morning, it's almost 8:00 at night, and I STILL can't get that aftertaste out of my mouth. lol! I've been eating and eating and eating..........will brush my teeth next.
    Why are you looking for love
    Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
    To where will you go child
    Tell me where will you run
    To where will you run

Originally posted by aliveinchrist View Post
    Does peanut butter leave a REALLY bad aftertaste in your mouth?

I had two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches this morning, it's almost 8:00 at night, and I STILL can't get that aftertaste out of my mouth. lol! I've been eating and eating and eating..........will brush my teeth next.

Maybe the peanut butter has gone bad, or rancid or something. When I was expecting my fourth child, I CRAVED peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. He turned out to be my tallest kid.
    Blessings,

Road Warrior

Proverbs 4:23
    23 Guard your heart above all else,
    for it determines the course of your life.

Comment

I've never had that experience and I eat a lot of peanut butter. Jif is the best
      The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23

Comment

It leaves a great aftertaste in my mouth.

Until I wash it down with milk.

mmmmm.

I know what Im making for my midnight snack.
        When a Gentile asked Hillel to teach him the entire Torah while he stood on one foot, Hillel replied, "What you dislike don't do to others-this is the whole Torah, the rest is commentary. Go and learn."

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. "
        - Mark Twain

Comment

I used to eat peanut butter all the time, and I never had a bad aftertaste.

Comment

I must be weird then. lol! I hate peanut butter..........I knew better than to eat it, silly me.

I don't think it's gone bad. All the peanut butter that I've eaten, ALWAYS leaves a horrible aftertaste in my mouth. ALL DAY!!

Although if I do eat any peanut butter, it has to be the creamy/smooth kind.

But, I still hate peanut butter. Blech!
            To where will you run

Comment

I must be weird then. lol! I hate peanut butter..........I knew better than to eat it, silly me.

I don't think it's gone bad. All the peanut butter that I've eaten, ALWAYS leaves a horrible aftertaste in my mouth. ALL DAY!!

Try almond butter instead. Yum! Or Tahini, which is sesame seed butter...
              Blessings,

Road Warrior

Comment

almond butter? Uh oh..........does it taste like almonds? Cause I don't like almonds either.....lol! Yes. I know. I'm picky.

Sesame seed butter............that might be okay to try.....
                To where will you run

Comment

Ssssssoooooooooooooo......I have to ask.....if you hate it, why did you eat it?

I've heard that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different out-come each time.

Comment

Originally posted by stillforgiven View Post
                    Ssssssoooooooooooooo......I have to ask.....if you hate it, why did you eat it?

I've heard that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different out-come each time.
                    Ooo. Ouch. That's a hit below the belt.

Well, I think I was craving it this morning....pregnancy hormones.....can I use that as an excuse for the insanity?
                    To where will you run

Comment

Well, I think I was craving it this morning....pregnancy hormones.....can I use that as an excuse for the insanity?
                      Craving it... sounds like me! I predict you will have a tall son.

Your body is probably craving protein. Try to boost your protein intake some other way. The peanut butter aftertaste could be a warning to not eat that particular food.
                      Blessings,

Road Warrior

Comment

OOOOhhhh....prego hormones. I remember reading that now.

But I thought they would only make you crave things that tasted good to you. For instance, my sister never liked red meat except for when she was pregnant. That's how I knew she was pregnant the 2nd time.

And from what I've heard, pregnancy hormones can be an excuse for insanity.

Here's irony for you. I love peanut butter, but my body won't let me have it any more. You hate it, but your body tells you to eat it.

Comment

Have you ever tried natural peanut butter? Tastes a whole lot better than the other stuff, imho. All it contains is ground up peanuts, so it's not quite as sweet as most of the commercial stuff.

I always like hearing stories about pregnancy hormones. One of my friends up in oklahoma said the last time she was pregnant, she was constantly getting cravings for pimiento cheese. She ate a ton of it during her pregnancy, but hasn't touched the stuff since then!
                          We long to be known and we fear it like nothing else.
                          Most people live with subtle dread that one day,
                          they will be discovered for who they really are,
                          and the world will be appalled.
                          - Curtis, Brent and John Eldredge,
                          The Sacred Romance: Drawing Closer to the Heart of God

The joy is not in hiding, the joy is in being found.
                          - David Terry

My Testimony

Comment

Originally posted by lbeaty1981 View Post
                            Have you ever tried natural peanut butter? Tastes a whole lot better than the other stuff, imho. All it contains is ground up peanuts, so it's not quite as sweet as most of the commercial stuff.

I always like hearing stories about pregnancy hormones. One of my friends up in oklahoma said the last time she was pregnant, she was constantly getting cravings for pimiento cheese. She ate a ton of it during her pregnancy, but hasn't touched the stuff since then!
                            I craved spearmint with my oldest. Lifesavers, spearmint sticks, gum, you name it.

I had a friend who had a craving for cleaning supplies She never acted on it and finally told her doctor about it. It was as symptom of something or other though I can't remember what.
                            The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23

Comment

My niece could NOT eat meat while she was pregnant. Her son was a vegetarian in vitro!
                              Blessings,

Road Warrior

Comment

Working...
                              X