Bbq!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bbq!

As there is truly no "BBQ Season" in my opinion (to me it is a year long event) it is about time for the "more" BBQ season, season.

So, what do you make or like?

I've just grilled, tonight, flank steaks "stuffed" with a mellow goat cheese and herbs with sautee'd mushrooms on the side. Of course they're made with a red wine. HOWEVER! Next time you sautee mushrooms, try a good white wine, yes I'm serious.

My plans for the near future...... Pork loin stuffed with sausage. Also Halibut wrapped in prousceutto (salty ham stuff) and then wrapped in potato slices (like scalloped potatos).
    My body is a temple and my tattoos are the stained glass.

You can take away my worldly things, you can take away my life. There's one thing you can't touch.... MY FAITH IN GOD

www.eviltoddlers.com

..._______
    ./|___..__|
    |/__/|.|_/
    ...the BIG
    .....|.|_|
    .....|/_/

barbeque brontosaurus ribs ...

seriously? EVERYTHING! You kill it, I'll grill it. (I try killing stuff during those magical weeks of guns and snow, but they were hiding better than I was seeking this year.)

Comment

Originally posted by roshkoch View Post
      barbeque brontosaurus ribs ...
      I can only dream

You can take away my worldly things, you can take away my life. There's one thing you can't touch.... MY FAITH IN GOD

www.eviltoddlers.com

..._______
      ./|___..__|
      |/__/|.|_/
      ...the BIG
      .....|.|_|
      .....|/_/

Comment

BBQing is the best part of summer.

If it can be incorporated into Fall/Winter I am all for it.
        When a Gentile asked Hillel to teach him the entire Torah while he stood on one foot, Hillel replied, "What you dislike don't do to others-this is the whole Torah, the rest is commentary. Go and learn."

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. "
        - Mark Twain

Comment

We pretty much BBQ around the year. Usually nothing fancy, just slap some chicken, beef, pork, salmon on the grill. Usually spice with Montreal steak spice (for beef). Occasionally will make some teriyaki kebabs with pepper, onion and tomatoes.
          Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
          Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Comment

Oh man, we've got like 50 premium beef ribs we're supposed to grill at work. With my luck, missing work today, they probably had em.
            Jeremy, a bondservant of the Lord.

Today is a good day to die for Christ.

Comment

I inherited a grill after helping a soldier move back home and intend to do some grilling with it. I'm a grilling n00b, but we'll see how it goes in the future.
              The minstrel boy to the war is gone,
              In the ranks of death ye will find him;
              His father's sword he hath girded on,
              And his wild harp slung behind him;
              "Land of Song!" said the warrior bard,
              "Tho' all the world betray thee,
              One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard,
              One faithful harp shall praise thee!

Comment

Originally posted by Clavicula_Nox View Post
                I inherited a grill after helping a soldier move back home and intend to do some grilling with it. I'm a grilling n00b, but we'll see how it goes in the future.
                All you can do then, is get better! There are great grilling forums out there, do a little search and you will find them

www.eviltoddlers.com

..._______
                ./|___..__|
                |/__/|.|_/
                ...the BIG
                .....|.|_|
                .....|/_/

Comment

I love doing salmon... though my method doesn't leverage the grill so much as it just requires heat. Never the less, it is absolutely fool proof.

- Put a salmon steak on a square of tin foil (I prefer steak cuts to butterfly cuts).
                  - Sprinkle liberally with dill... don't be shy.
                  - Slice up a lemon (about half a lemon per steak) and put the slices on and to the side of the steak.
                  - Fold the tinfoil around the salmon and throw that sucker on some heat.

It should take 20 minutes to half an hour... but its REALLY hard to overdo. When you check it, peel back the foil, stick a fork in and twist gently. If it "flakes" its done. It should be a pinkish color instead of orange.

Comment

Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
                    I love doing salmon... though my method doesn't leverage the grill so much as it just requires heat. Never the less, it is absolutely fool proof.

- Put a salmon steak on a square of tin foil (I prefer steak cuts to butterfly cuts).
                    - Slice up a lemon (about half a lemon per steak) and put the slices on and to the side of the steak.

It should take 20 minutes to half an hour... but its REALLY hard to overdo. When you check it, peel back the foil, stick a fork in and twist gently. If it "flakes" its done. It should be a pinkish color instead of orange.
                    Salmon and Tuna on the grill are like a little taste of heaven
                    When a Gentile asked Hillel to teach him the entire Torah while he stood on one foot, Hillel replied, "What you dislike don't do to others-this is the whole Torah, the rest is commentary. Go and learn."

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. "
                    - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by HisLeast View Post

That sounds good. Here's my version...

salmon filet on foil (use that new non-stick kind). Then pour a little white wine and squeeze 1/2 of a lemon on it. Then sprinkle with Montreal Steak Seasoning and a little kosher or sea salt. Then put a couple pads of butter on the salmon and wrap it up and cook.

www.eviltoddlers.com

..._______
                      ./|___..__|
                      |/__/|.|_/
                      ...the BIG
                      .....|.|_|
                      .....|/_/

Comment

Any of you guys done BBQ pizza?

Comment

Talked to my boy James aka "King'uh'Q" here at work. He sends you all his blessings.

(hotlinke to BBQ forums and recipes)

Comment

I grill everything and anything and slow smoking is the best
                            Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Oh, man, BBQ? I am in the "kill it, I'll eat it" category - and meat demands fire, not heat! And that's 17 seconds on one side of the steak, 17 on the other - if it ain't still bleeding and cold in the middle, it's overcooked!

BigT, I always stand in awe at your barbecue threads, so I'll not even seek to compare, but I will offer you one of my personal BBQ favorites thus far unmentioned, Rosemary Quail/Rabbit/Dove. You want succulent, bro, this is the food for you.

Split the rabbit (always Cottons, don't try this with Jacks), breast the Quail, or cavity the Dove.

Melt REAL butter in the micro or on the fire. Then add garlic clove (crushed and diced), Allspice, Old Bay Seasoning, a touch of Oregano, and a touch of Sea Salt. Then squeeze in one full lime. Mix it up really well.

Baste that meat, then sprinkle with FRESH Rosemary. Wrap airtight in tinfoil. Cook.

Wash any of that down with a nice, fruity White Wine like a Chablis (helps the gamy taste), serve with Spanish rice and salsa, a fresh spinach salad with avocado, and a light fruit salad for desert, and you will indeed make best friends of your taste buds, my friend. Wild game is always better, of course, and if you don't drink, wash it down with a nice spiced tea.

Delectable.

Comment

Working...
                              X