My small town has me a bit frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My small town has me a bit frustrated

Hello, not to sound like a whiner but living where I do has me a bit frustrated. I just don't seem to be able to really meet new people. I mean I have some really great friends that I made in high school. They're really great friends, but I can't seem to find people. Not to mention men are a rare species around here! So any tips?
    We serve God by serving others. The world defines greatness in terms of power, possessions, prestige, and position. If you can demand service from others, you've arrived. In our self-serving culture with its me-first mentality, acting like a servant is not a popular concept. Rick Warren
    [sigpic

How small is small? Sometimes we just have to go out of our way to meet people. Like in a grocery/department store. Walmart usally has a lot of people,the park,etc. Invite strangers to go to church with you. Who knows,they may take you up on it.

Comment

go to college. that's where all the men are and stuff.

Comment

We do have a college here. It's a two-year, but it's a community. I have been going there for four years, adn a lot of it are returning adult students.
        We serve God by serving others. The world defines greatness in terms of power, possessions, prestige, and position. If you can demand service from others, you've arrived. In our self-serving culture with its me-first mentality, acting like a servant is not a popular concept. Rick Warren
        [sigpic

Comment

My small town has me a bit frustrated

That's because there are no secrets there.
          If Satan can keep us busy swinging our swords at one another, there is no hope of a united attack on the kingdom of darkness. KJV, NIV, ESV or ABCDEFG; there is no time to bicker over such things. We'll devour each other if allowed to continue. We should grab the marching orders written in the way we best understand and get to work.

Andrew_no_one

Comment

The same thing happens in big cities. I'm surrounded by about 7 million people of every variety but it doesn't raise the possibility of meeting or making friends. It's just that crazy. And when you do run into people who seem to be like you, they are usually too afraid or too cautious to make contact or even talk much.

I'ts like you end up living in a tiny town inside a bigger one. I deal with hundreds of people every week and meet many new ones, but have only a handful of friends and associates I gathered over the years.

If I wasn't meant to be here, I think I would trade for the peace and quiet and relative simplicty of a small town in a heartbeat. Know I would.

Comment

I live in LA and I come into a lot of people from day to day. I also like meeting new people. But I really don't meet a lot of people. Actually I don't talk to very many people out of high school. Only about 6 people. But I do know a lot of people from church.

It's not so much as meeting many guys as it is meeting the right guy. I don't know if I can just say this easily because I meet a lot of girls. But honestly I'm really not after one. If that helps or makes any sense.
              9For zeal for Your house has consumed me,
              And the reproaches of those who reproach You have fallen on me.
              Psalm 69:9

4 You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
              James 4:4

19 You believe that God is one You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder
              James 2:19

"5 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." Genesis 6:5

Comment

Working...
              X