Greatest Meal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Meal

It's sad that the best meal on earth is probably the deadliest (via calories).

My and a couple of friends went out to Wendy's a bit ago and got the Baconators. This is probably the fifth one I've had, but each time I eat one I have to wait three months or so before having another.

I got about 9/10 of the way through this one before feeling like I had to die.
    To This Day

It's a sad day when the 'greatest meal' comes from Wendy's.
    (or any fast food)

Sad, sad, sad.

Perhaps you need to learn how to cook really good meals, instead of relying on a fast-food chain.

Comment

Pretty much anything that comes off of a grill.
      "Come, Lord Jesus" (Rev. 22: 20)

Comment

Originally posted by Tru_Knyte View Post
        Pretty much anything that comes off of a grill.
        Pretty much anything that comes out of a smoker

I'll take the smoker over the grill any day... low and slow cooking of meat is the best!
        WDJD - what DID Jesus do

He died on a cross for our sin and rose from the dead,
        securing, for all who believe, eternal life and forgiveness of sin

Toolman

Comment

Originally posted by Duane Morse View Post
          Perhaps you need to learn how to cook really good meals, instead of relying on a fast-food chain.
          Seriously, this statement assumes a lot about me.

First, you assume I don't know how to cook... who said I couldn't? Oh, right, no one.

Second, you assume I rely on fast-food for all of my meals... who said I did? Again, the answer is nobody.

Third, you assume I actually have my own kitchen to cook in... where is it? I sure don't see one in my 12'x10' dorm room.

You don't honestly think I actually think the Baconator is the "greatest meal" on earth do you? It was a joke. Do you always have to criticize every thread you encounter?
          To This Day

Comment

What is the greatest meal to ya'll?

I am having problems with this. Pretty much anything with meat!

Venison Backstraps (deepfried)
            Medium rare steak with some fresh horse radish
            BBQ Ribs
            Bacon Cheeseburger (yes MarkEdward, I would put that in the list)
            Smoked Bacon, fresh out of the smokehouse
            Fish cooked on a fire at the lake...

Man, is my mouth watering...

Comment

I vastly prefer fruit over any other food. They have the widest array of flavors compared to most other foods. Apples, bananas, strawberries, grapes, kiwis, peanuts, watermelons, oranges. There's a few others I enjoy the taste of, but I don't particularly like the texture in my mouth (blueberries, cherries), or they're too strong (lemons, limes).

I'm not sure if I prefer a grilled steak or one cooked over a campfire.

And bacon of course. Ultra crispy.
              To This Day

Comment

Venison backstraps are quite tasty, although I prefer to season them for a couple of days, then grill 'em. I then slice 'em up and use 'em in fajitas.
                We long to be known and we fear it like nothing else.
                Most people live with subtle dread that one day,
                they will be discovered for who they really are,
                and the world will be appalled.
                - Curtis, Brent and John Eldredge,
                The Sacred Romance: Drawing Closer to the Heart of God

The joy is not in hiding, the joy is in being found.
                - David Terry

My Testimony

Comment

Robert's Geico Grilled Chicken Breasts
                  (so easy a caveman could do it)

half cup or so of BBQ sauce
                  2 or 3 tablespoons or so of honey
                  palmfull (or so) of brown sugar
                  a sneeze of salt and a sneeze of pepper

Cover some chicken breasts with that. You should have some sauce left in the bottom of the bowl. Throw those on a CHARCOAL grill. Flip them over every 4 or 5 minutes and "re-sauce" the upward side with a basting brush. The sauce is going to char around the outside, and where it doesn't char you're going to have a nice glossy finish.

Comment

The best meal I've had are my, "6 hour Ribs" slow smoked at 230-250 degrees for six hours
                    Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
                      The best meal I've had are my, "6 hour Ribs" slow smoked at 230-250 degrees for six hours
                      Ditto.. my babyback ribs are my best meal... Dry rubbed with lemon pepper rub.. then 4 hours in the smoker at 225. Then brown sugar rub and hit on the grill for about 5 minutes.

Booyah!... making them tonight in fact
                      WDJD - what DID Jesus do

Toolman

Comment

Originally posted by Toolman View Post
                        Ditto.. my babyback ribs are my best meal... Dry rubbed with lemon pepper rub.. then 4 hours in the smoker at 225. Then brown sugar rub and hit on the grill for about 5 minutes.

Nice, I like the KC cut ribs better... more to eat
                        Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by Toolman View Post

Hmmmmm...if I recall, you live in the D/FW area, correct? If I leave work now, I should be able to get there by around 7:30 or so....
                          We long to be known and we fear it like nothing else.
                          Most people live with subtle dread that one day,
                          they will be discovered for who they really are,
                          and the world will be appalled.
                          - Curtis, Brent and John Eldredge,
                          The Sacred Romance: Drawing Closer to the Heart of God

The joy is not in hiding, the joy is in being found.
                          - David Terry

My Testimony

Comment

Originally posted by lbeaty1981 View Post
                            Hmmmmm...if I recall, you live in the D/FW area, correct? If I leave work now, I should be able to get there by around 7:30 or so....
                            That will be just about perfect... I'll have a cold one waitin' for ya

"I thought happiness was Lubbock Texas in my rearview mirror... but now happiness is Lubbock drawing nearer and nearer"
                            WDJD - what DID Jesus do

Toolman

Comment

Meat, and lots of it hot off the grill! Burgers, steak, venison, chicken, ribs, pork chops, it's all great! I love animals.....their delicious!

I could never be a vegetarian!

Comment

Working...
                              X