Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best team in major league baseball this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best team in major league baseball this year?

California Angels (I know - LA Angels of Anaheim... whatever that means!)
    NYY
    Boston Red Sox
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Chicago White Sox
    Minnesota Twins
    Texas Rangers

Chicago Cubs
    Philadelphia Phillies (Phillies? give them a real name!)
    Milwaukee Brewers
    Arizona Diamondbacks
    LA Dodgers
    St Louis Cardinals
    Florida Marlins

Other? (Get real!)

BD
    California Angels (I know - LA Angels of Anaheim)
    25.00%
    NY Yankees
    0.00%
    Boston Red Sox
    8.33%
    Tampa Bay Rays
    0.00%
    Chicago White Sox
    0.00%
    Minnesota Twins
    0.00%
    Texas Rangers
    0.00%
    Chicago Cubs
    16.67%
    Philadelphia Phillies (Phillies? give them a real name!)
    8.33%
    Milwaukee Brewers
    16.67%
    Arizona Diamondbacks
    0.00%
    LA Dodgers
    8.33%
    St Louis Cardinals
    8.33%
    Florida Marlins
    0.00%
    Other (Get real!)
    8.33%
    3 John 4 - "No greater joy can I have than this, to hear that my [spiritual] children walk in the truth.

BadDog!

Go Dodger Blue!

Hey, I'm a Dodger fan. But let's be real... they're .500 right now. Hey, they just got Manny Ramirez. They have the best pitching in the NL... ain't gonna happen.

Now I am not an Angel fan, though I was born and raised there. But look at the stats... 3 games better record than anyone else. Best starting pitching in majors. Best closer in baseball. One of the best hitting teams in baseball, good fielding and the best manager in baseball. And they just got Teixeira from the Braves for almost nothing.

Time for another Angel WS banner.

OK, time for you guys to support your team... or perhaps to dis them. Have they made bad trades recently? ... or none at all?! Do they really care about you, the fan?!

BD
    3 John 4 - "No greater joy can I have than this, to hear that my [spiritual] children walk in the truth.

BadDog!

Comment

Go Cards!

I will see you at that Dodgers game Tues. night!

We have such good players. Good team work too. But Yadier Molina is by far; one of the best catchers there is.

GooooOOOOOoooooo Cards!

Galatians 2: 20
      I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Comment

My Angels. I refuse to call them the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Anaheim isn't even in the same friggin county as LA.
        Jeremy, a bondservant of the Lord.

Today is a good day to die for Christ.

Comment

Better get your Root beer and Hot dogs early BadDog! It will be a pretty good game tuesday night.

It will be St. Louis' Carpenter pitching and Dodger's Chad Billingsley pitching.

Galatians 2: 20
          I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherrie View Post
            I will see you at that Dodgers game Tues. night!

We have such good players. Good team work too. But Yadier Molina is by far; one of the best catchers there is.

GooooOOOOOoooooo Cards!
            Well, the Cards have a much better record than the Dodgers. But the Dodgers are only 1 game back in the weak NL West while the Cards are in 3rd place & 5.5 games out in the NL Central. Hey, no complaints here.

Manny Ramirez has gone 7 for 12 since they got him (3 games) with 5 RBIs and 2 HR. Our hitting is so weak that he's really energized them.

But gotta say, those Molina brothers are all great defensive catchers (Don't know why the Angels got rid of the two they once had), but Russell Martin is the best catcher on the planet. Hey - you guys have the best non-chemically-induced player on the planet in Pujols.

Plus you have the former Angel Troy Glaus and the former Dodger Cesar Izturis.

The Cards and Dodgers have played something like 1900 games over the decades, and are almost dead even.

BD

BadDog!

Comment

Originally posted by JerAyala View Post
              My Angels. I refuse to call them the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Anaheim isn't even in the same friggin county as LA.

When they lost that court appeal on the name I cracked up... "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim." You know that the city of Anaheim had a contract with the Angels requiring them to have "Anaheim" in the name... Hey, it's still there, kinda. The league should have stepped in - the intent was clear.

I used to live in Santa Ana - moved to Laguna Hills then Aliso Viejo (near Mission Viejo) before moving to Atlanta suburbs 3 years ago. Where's your local?

Oh, you an SC or Bruin FB fan? I've got a poll on college FB, but UCLA didn't make the options - not yet.

BD

BadDog!

Comment

Originally posted by Sherrie View Post
                Better get your Root beer and Hot dogs early BadDog! It will be a pretty good game tuesday night.

It will be St. Louis' Carpenter pitching and Dodger's Chad Billingsley pitching.
                Billingsley has actually been the Dodger's best pitcher... his 2nd year in the league. Uh, now with those hot dogs... remember to use mustard. And think I'll go with either Dr. Pepper or Rock Island Ginger Ale. (Whew! is it strong - kinda like Vernor's.)

BD

BadDog!

Comment

Originally posted by BadDog View Post

When they lost that court appeal on the name I cracked up... "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim." You know that the city of Anaheim had a contract with the Angels requiring them to have "Anaheim" in the name... Hey, it's still there, kinda. The league should have stepped in - the intent was clear.

I used to live in Santa Ana - moved to Laguna Hills then Aliso Viejo (near Mission Viejo) before moving to Atlanta suburbs 3 years ago. Where's your local?

Oh, you an SC or Bruin FB fan? I've got a poll on college FB, but UCLA didn't make the options - not yet.

BD
                  Next thing you know, they'll want to stake claim to Disneyland too.

I live in Murrieta (southwest Riverside county).

And yes...I'm for the Bruins.

Comment

Originally posted by JerAyala View Post
                    Next thing you know, they'll want to stake claim to Disneyland too.

I live in Murrieta (southwest Riverside county).

And yes...I'm for the Bruins.
                    Well their head coach, D-coordinator and O-coordinator are top notch, so in a couple of years, they'll be there. But they don't have the material yet to compete for a Nat'l championship yet.

I grad. from UCR. Been a Trojan fan all my life.

BD

BadDog!

Comment

This is the year

Comment

.................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
                        .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

Well their head coach, D-coordinator and O-coordinator are top notch, so in a couple of years, they'll be there. But they don't have the material yet to compete for a Nat'l championship yet.

I grad. from UCR.
                          Yeah...I've got hope for the future. UCR huh? Cool cool.

Been a Trojan fan all my life.
                          It would figure.

Comment

I think the Anaheim Angels (they aren't a Los Angeles team) are probably the best team in baseball right now.
                            You were made to think. It will do you good to think; to develop your powers by study. God designed that religion should require thought, intense thought, and should thoroughly develop our powers of thought.

Charles G Finney

http://holyrokker.blogspot.com

Comment

Well, the Cards have a much better record than the Dodgers. But the Dodgers are only 1 game back in the weak NL West while the Cards are in 3rd place & 5.5 games out in the NL Central. Hey, no complaints here.

Manny Ramirez has gone 7 for 12 since they got him (3 games) with 5 RBIs and 2 HR. Our hitting is so weak that he's really energized them.

But gotta say, those Molina brothers are all great defensive catchers (Don't know why the Angels got rid of the two they once had), but Russell Martin is the best catcher on the planet. Hey - you guys have the best non-chemically-induced player on the planet in Pujols.

Plus you have the former Angel Troy Glaus and the former Dodger Cesar Izturis.

The Cards and Dodgers have played something like 1900 games over the decades, and are almost dead even.

BD
                              I'm looking forward to the Cardinals/Dodgers series this week. It should be exciting baseball.
                              You were made to think. It will do you good to think; to develop your powers by study. God designed that religion should require thought, intense thought, and should thoroughly develop our powers of thought.

Charles G Finney

http://holyrokker.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X