Firefox 3 uggh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 3 uggh

That was a mistake to dl, for me. My theme is not compatible with it, neither is my Steep and cheap nor the weather add-on's.
    My body is a temple and my tattoos are the stained glass.

You can take away my worldly things, you can take away my life. There's one thing you can't touch.... MY FAITH IN GOD

www.eviltoddlers.com

..._______
    ./|___..__|
    |/__/|.|_/
    ...the BIG
    .....|.|_|
    .....|/_/

I'm not exactly happy with the new version either, but I use forecast fox for my weather, so there aren't any issues there.

Do you keep getting a crash window when you close out with multiple tabs open? I get one every time, and I keep telling them it wasn't a crash. So far they haven't fixed whatever the problem is.

Comment

no crash issues yet. I just uploaded it a couple hours ago. I'm really wanting to go back to the old version.
      My body is a temple and my tattoos are the stained glass.

You can take away my worldly things, you can take away my life. There's one thing you can't touch.... MY FAITH IN GOD

www.eviltoddlers.com

..._______
      ./|___..__|
      |/__/|.|_/
      ...the BIG
      .....|.|_|
      .....|/_/

Comment

I liked it because I had several add on address bars I didn't want...I had disabled them but I guess they were in the background and they weren't compatible with it but that was ok. I had so many other address bars the actual screen was getting smaller and smaller... I think there was one I couldn't get off so this latest version got rid of it for me! So far I haven't ran into any problems with it...sorry you are though!
        "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
          That was a mistake to dl, for me. My theme is not compatible with it, neither is my Steep and cheap nor the weather add-on's.
          I had to delete one of my themes due to not being compatible, but it was one that I didn't use very often. I would like to go back to the older version too.

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post
            I liked it because I had several add on address bars I didn't want...I had disabled them but I guess they were in the background and they weren't compatible with it but that was ok. I had so many other address bars the actual screen was getting smaller and smaller... I think there was one I couldn't get off so this latest version got rid of it for me! So far I haven't ran into any problems with it...sorry you are though!
            Fortunately, it's not a real crash. It's just if I close down my window, and I've had multi tabs open, it sees it as a crash and turns in a report. Hopefully they will get the bugs worked out soon.

Comment

I haven't had any problem to speak of yet with the newer version. I am rather fond of it I guess, but before this version I was using Internet Evil (I mean Internet Explorer).

I am sure in time we will get more add-ons that that work with this new version. A couple add-ons that are great are. Dr. Web link checker, and New Tab Homepage.
              I am a Christian man in the Devil's land, spreading the gospel man to man.
              Have you laid your burdens down?

Comment

Originally posted by TrustingFollower View Post
                I haven't had any problem to speak of yet with the newer version. I am rather fond of it I guess, but before this version I was using Internet Evil (I mean Internet Explorer).

I am sure in time we will get more add-ons that that work with this new version. A couple add-ons that are great are. Dr. Web link checker, and New Tab Homepage.
                Yea anything is better then IE!...
                "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

...Internet Evil (I mean Internet Explorer).
                  too true. I was surprised to find that one of our IT guys at work is still in IE and just now thinking about FireFox. I told him he should make the switch, cause even with these little issues, it's still much better.

Comment

One good thing about the newer version is that the spyware has dropped to nearly nothing again. Most of it is designed to attach to IE, but I noticed that I was beginning to get quite a bit with Fire Fox until this upgrade.

Comment

I've just gone back to IE. And I really dislike Microsofts products.

I was just SICK of Firefox running to 100% CPU slowing down my other programs. It couldn't even handle Youtube or Hotmail. I'm not going to suffer Firefox just to spite Microsoft. Firefox III made no difference, in fact it was slightly WORSE.

I miss the tabbed browsing, but that's a small price to pay for decent performance.

Comment

Originally posted by JaybeeinBibleForum View Post
                        I've just gone back to IE. And I really dislike Microsofts products.

I was just SICK of Firefox running to 100% CPU slowing down my other programs. It couldn't even handle Youtube or Hotmail. I'm not going to suffer Firefox just to spite Microsoft. Firefox III made no difference, in fact it was slightly WORSE.

I miss the tabbed browsing, but that's a small price to pay for decent performance.
                        IE 7 has tab browsing built in. So if you don't have the latest version look into it. I really like the tabs too.
                        I am a Christian man in the Devil's land, spreading the gospel man to man.
                        Have you laid your burdens down?

Comment

Originally posted by JaybeeinBibleForum View Post
                          I haven't had any issues like what you are experiencing, but I haven't tried to upload anything to youtube yet.

IE 7 has tab browsing built in. So if you don't have the latest version look into it. I really like the tabs too.
                          That's true. I was using tabs on IE before I discovered Fire Fox.

Comment

I have the Bible theme which works with the new one and so does my "no scripts." I'm okay with it so far... still much much better than IE.

Originally posted by ConqueredbyLove
                            Even sheep fall down sometimes...But Jesus picks them up as they can't pick up themselves

Comment

Working...
                            X