This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave your Window Open?

Do you leave your bedroom window open to let the air in? Do you care if Flying insects wasps come and invade your house?
    Yes
    41.18%
    No
    41.18%
    Only if its very Humid
    17.65%

Here in Australia we have screens on our windows and doors so insects can't come in. And many people like myself, also have security screens so burglars can't get in either....and I also have 2 big dogs and no body in their right mind would try to get into my house.

Rocky

Comment

How does screens prevent insects comming in?

Comment

Duirng the spring and fall I do. I have screens and although my house is a master down, my house is built into a hill, so the bedroom windows are still 12-15 feet off the ground.
        I love mi casa.

Comment

No way!! I fear for my life.

Comment

I don't believe you use screens where you are, right Peter? When we were in Germany they didn't either. These are what screens look like:

It's made of mesh material so air can get in but bugs can't . I remember growing up in the summer we'd have screens so we could let the air in, then in the Fall we'd change them out for the storm windows (what you see behind the screen above...just an outside window. It was kind of a bit more insulation for the winter with all the wind and snow we got. Then in the Spring we changed those out for the screens again. I'm lazy...I just leave my screens in all year long .

Live your life in such a
            way that, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...

"Oh NO.... she's awake!"

Slug1: No, I have it so short I can't comb it to the side like before

cheechamia: ken...dear...honey...you have NO hair to comb on the side!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Yes Cheech, that's exactly right, it's a fine wire mesh panel. But here in Australia they are permantly fitted, because in 90% of Australia, we don't get snow but flies and insects like misquitoes are a real problem, particularly in the warmer months. you can open your main window by means of a handle on the inside of the house, but the "fly screen" as we call them, stays in place. You get the full benefit of the fresh air, but no little creepies. Just like with doors, we have a "screen door" and an ordinary door, so you can open the ordinary door to let the air in, but no creepies. I think it's brilliant.

rocky.

Comment

I dont have them cheech; dont know if they have them here.

Comment

We don't really have a problem with insects here. I spend all day in an air-conditioned office where the 'cooked' air just gets stirred about and germs are rife. Can't stand hot stuffy bedrooms - I'd rather have 3 quilts on the bed and an open window at night.

Comment

I don't leave them open here
                    In the summer it is over 110 degrees Fahrenheit
                    An in the winter never, sense every one is out doors an living in a suburb of Phoenix I have a high crime rate to think of .
                    Last edited by Laish; Sep 6th 2008, 08:09 AM. Reason: I can not spell to save my life

Comment

When the temps drop(I think only 2 days this week), we open the windows to let in some fresh air. We have screens on them so bugs can't get in..Yea!!!!
                      John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Comment

I will leave them open if I am awake and at home, but not otherwise.
                        Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God,
                        will come to know God because they know you.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under".
                        ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

yes I love the fresh air.
                          Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.
                          ~Proverbs 31:30

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.
                          ~Elizabeth Kubler Ross

Comment

Working...
                          X