This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nodding of?

Have you ever nod of? fallen asleep and you only notice you was sleeping when you woke up; is that called passing out?
    Does that mean the body was soo tired it turned itself of for you?

Why is it soo easy to fall sleep if we watch a boring film? even though we sleep well that night and was not tired when we saw the film.
    Yes
    66.67%
    No
    16.67%
    Often
    16.67%
    Hmm
    0.00%

I am forced ot attend a certain committee meeting. I try to get the chair directly underneath the camera because it is a tele-conference.
    It is usually a fight between a couple of us.

Comment

my husband nods off in his recliner everytime he sits there for more than ten minutes!

Galatians 2: 20
      I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Comment

I fell asleep on a library couch this morning while reading the tedious Book III of The Republic.
        "We are symbols and inhabit symbols; workmen, work, and tools, words and things, birth and death, all are emblems; but we sympathize with the symbols, and being infatuated with the economical uses of things, we do not know that they are thoughts." - Emerson, "The Poet" (Essays, Second Series)

Comment

I fell asleep in class once with my eys open, when I came to the professor was staring at me and I said "Yes" and he said that's right and continued from the question that I answered but never heard.

Comment

Growing up, my church pastor put me to sleep faster than a bed time story. Great guy, but he could give Ben Stein a run for his money!

The current church I go to I have NEVER come close to nodding off. I've yawned a few times due to lack of sleep, but never come close to drifting off. I think it's because Pastor Lynn does not lecture or "preach"... I dunno... I guess the best way to put it is his sermons are more like a conversation.

Comment

I doze on the train home from work each night - 15 minutes nap. I never miss my stop and I've had a bit of a boost of energy for the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by historyb View Post
                I fell asleep in class once with my eys open, when I came to the professor was staring at me and I said "Yes" and he said that's right and continued from the question that I answered but never heard.

Before I was diagnosed with sleep apnea I would often wake myself up snoring And that was during the day!
                sigpic

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Comment

reminds me of a gene authrey and pat buthram clip. Pat wakes up and gene looks up and says something and Pat (who was snoring very loud) says "I can't sleep somebody is snoring. "

Comment

I'm over 45, I'm allowed.

22 It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
                    23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
                    24 The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
                    Lamentations 3:22-24

Comment

Working...
                    X