An acquaintance was just killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An acquaintance was just killed

A guy that I know from the riding community was killed, the other day.

He was cut off by an ambulance, but not entirely the ambulances fault by a long shot. He was speeding up the street and then accelerated when he got closer to the light. The ambulance turned and he broadsided the ambulance. He was also not wearing any protective gear.

Makes me really sad that this happened. It was the fault of both "drivers". But the motorcyclist always comes out on the short end.

Just a little sad today.
    My body is a temple and my tattoos are the stained glass.

You can take away my worldly things, you can take away my life. There's one thing you can't touch.... MY FAITH IN GOD

www.eviltoddlers.com

..._______
    ./|___..__|
    |/__/|.|_/
    ...the BIG
    .....|.|_|
    .....|/_/

I'm so sorry..

May the Lord comfort his loved ones and you too.

Jeanne
    Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded declares the Lord, and they (your children) will come back from the land of the enemy. Jeremiah 31:16-17
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you can discover He is the rock at the bottom

All the forces of darkness cannot stop what God has ordained. Isaiah 14:27

Comment

bummer man. well, i'll pray for the family of the rider. this story is the reason i do'nt ride bikes. cuz you'd be talking about me probly.

no good.

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post

He was cut off by an ambulance, but not entirely the ambulances fault by a long shot. He was speeding up the street and then accelerated when he got closer to the light. The ambulance turned and he broadsided the ambulance. He was also not wearing any protective gear.

Makes me really sad that this happened. It was the fault of both "drivers". But the motorcyclist always comes out on the short end.

Just a little sad today.
        Lord please bring comfort and peace to my brother, and to the family of the man who died. Give them mourning that is cleansing and healing, to all who loved the one who is now gone from their lives.
        Blessings,

Road Warrior

Proverbs 4:23
        23 Guard your heart above all else,
        for it determines the course of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post

Just a little sad today.
          So sorry Big T! Be comforted my dear brother. I hope you didn't get to see this tragedy in person. I really don't like the image such things leave on the mind.

So sorry!
          Last edited by Steps; Sep 4th 2008, 01:36 PM.
          You can NEVER Out-Give God. Try Him, you'll be embarrassed!

Comment

Ouch, sorry to hear about this. I'll be praying for you, his family, and his loved ones.
            We long to be known and we fear it like nothing else.
            Most people live with subtle dread that one day,
            they will be discovered for who they really are,
            and the world will be appalled.
            - Curtis, Brent and John Eldredge,
            The Sacred Romance: Drawing Closer to the Heart of God

The joy is not in hiding, the joy is in being found.
            - David Terry

My Testimony

Comment

thank you all and his family would thank you as well.

You can take away my worldly things, you can take away my life. There's one thing you can't touch.... MY FAITH IN GOD

www.eviltoddlers.com

..._______
              ./|___..__|
              |/__/|.|_/
              ...the BIG
              .....|.|_|
              .....|/_/

Comment

I'm sorry Todd Prayers for his family
                The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23

Comment

it makes my heart sick when I hear of a motercycle acc. Sorry to hear this about your friend.

Comment

Very sorry to hear this Big T.

Live your life in such a
                    way that, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...

"Oh NO.... she's awake!"

Slug1: No, I have it so short I can't comb it to the side like before

cheechamia: ken...dear...honey...you have NO hair to comb on the side!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Praying for you, T, and this man's family and friends, and the rest of your riding community.
                      -- Your ~sister~ in Christ.... a "Kaffinated Kittykat"!!

ROMANS 5:8. Forgiven. Freed. Humbled. Amazed. Grateful. Relying on Christ.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
                      It's a house we enter in, then commit to never leave
                      So lock the door behind you, and throw away the key
                      We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees.....
                      Warren Barfield

Comment

I am deeply sorry to hear about this. Please know i am praying for you and all those concerned. God bless

Comment

Do you know if he was saved?

Comment

I really brings back bad memories when I hear of tragedies on motorbikes...my brother lost one of his legs in a mb accident when he was 18 yrs. old. ing for the rider and his family....also, for you. May God bring comfort to all of you!!!!
                            John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Comment

Originally posted by Angyl View Post
                              Do you know if he was saved?
                              not as far as I could tell.

www.eviltoddlers.com

..._______
                              ./|___..__|
                              |/__/|.|_/
                              ...the BIG
                              .....|.|_|
                              .....|/_/

Comment

Working...
                              X