Would you go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you go?

A few years ago I met a wonderful young christian girl online.
    Long story short, she got married, had a baby girl and then it was discovered she had cancer. Last Aug 07, she went home to be with the Lord.
    Since then her mom and I have been speaking on the phone 1-2 times a week.

Anyway we have finally arranged to meet at a central location this coming Saturday, however the entire area is under a tropical storm watch.
    From what the forecasters are saying, there will be heavy rains and high winds.
    Naturally I don't think it would be wise to attempt this meeting (72 miles) under these conditions, but she doesn't think it'll be any problem.
    Of course we won't really know until Saturday gets here.
    My husband is doing the driving and says it's my call, he would be willing to drive in that weather.

I feel almost silly for asking this, but would you attempt a trip under these conditions, or do you think I'm making a big deal of it?

Oh.. we can always meet another Saturday.

Jeanne
    Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded declares the Lord, and they (your children) will come back from the land of the enemy. Jeremiah 31:16-17
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you can discover He is the rock at the bottom

All the forces of darkness cannot stop what God has ordained. Isaiah 14:27

I think I wuold meet on another Sat. What a blessing that you know there will be better weather and you will enjoy your visit more without the stress of safety.

Comment

I'd wait for another Saturday. No sense you driving in a bad rainstorm, and her too -- you BOTH need to stay safe. You for your family, her for her precious granddaughter. If I knew a bad storm was coming in that I had to drive through, I'd reschedule for, say, the Saturday after if possible... and if you DO reschedule, enjoy the bad-weather-free day. If you do decide to drive though, please be safe.
      -- Your ~sister~ in Christ.... a "Kaffinated Kittykat"!!

ROMANS 5:8. Forgiven. Freed. Humbled. Amazed. Grateful. Relying on Christ.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
      It's a house we enter in, then commit to never leave
      So lock the door behind you, and throw away the key
      We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees.....
      Warren Barfield

Comment

I know it sounds cliche' but pray. Ask the Lord to make it clear to you if you should wait or go now. He can control the direction of the wind or the amount of rain that falls. If He leads you to go, then you can now that He will go before you.
        .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
        .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

You must be soooo very excited to finally have a time and place to meet that any type of weather conditions would be becoming secondary to your yes or no decision - on both of your parts!! It would be like two girls from school not having seen each other for a couple of decades, old souls meeting again, because you have such common ground in a very deep emotional area.

Now comes the crunch You both need to do as Karen above suggested, be in prayer, because He is the one in control of the wind and the waves and He will go before you. Remember also that He knows what decision both of you are going to make so He's not going to be surprised and will look after you both.

God bless you both, protect you both, and uplift you in His strength as you take the next step in your relationship
          sigpic
          1 Cor 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Lord, help me to do great things as though they were little, since I do them with your power;
          and little things as though they were great, since I do them in your name. Blaise Pascal

Comment

Working...
          X