NJ cops kick in door over bird's cries for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ cops kick in door over bird's cries for help

This is so funny I had to share: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080905/...oisterous_bird

I wonder if CPS can remove a bird?
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

How funny! And I can totally relate. We have a blue and gold macaw that loves to talk. A few years ago we moved into a new house and had a new new UPS guy. The first day he knocked on the door, he was welcomed with HEEELLLLPPPP!!!!! as I opened the door. I got the most unusual look at my eyes got wide and I blushed with embarrassment... then I had him look inside at my bird, who at that point was laughing about the whole situation.

Originally posted by ConqueredbyLove
    Even sheep fall down sometimes...But Jesus picks them up as they can't pick up themselves

Comment

Originally posted by FaithfulSheep View Post
      How funny! And I can totally relate. We have a blue and gold macaw that loves to talk. A few years ago we moved into a new house and had a new new UPS guy. The first day he knocked on the door, he was welcomed with HEEELLLLPPPP!!!!! as I opened the door. I got the most unusual look at my eyes got wide and I blushed with embarrassment... then I had him look inside at my bird, who at that point was laughing about the whole situation.
      lol...that's funny...after you got over being embarrassed that is!

Those birds can be super loud for sure!
      "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

How funny!
        I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrus...

All children left unattended will be given an espresso and a free puppy.

Comment

Originally posted by FaithfulSheep View Post

When I was in college, I rented a room from a couple who had a double-yellow-headed Amazon parrot, and he also had a very wide vocabulary. I guess the only "embarrassing" think he did was whistle like guys do at girls. One of the funniest things he said was, "Forgot to feed the bird."

Comment

Originally posted by stillforgiven View Post

When I was in college, I rented a room from a couple who had a double-yellow-headed Amazon parrot, and he also had a very wide vocabulary. I guess the only "embarrassing" think he did was whistle like guys do at girls. One of the funniest things he said was, "Forgot to feed the bird."
            lol...if we had a bird like that, I hate to think of the 'funny things' my son would teach it to say... probably more like, "Feed Nate!" (my son's name) Or 'Buy Nate this or that!" ...lol...and I would end up going nuts!

Comment

Funny story.

My daughter has a Quaker Parrot who learns a new word or sentence quite frequently. The funny thing is that he imitates the voice of the person he learned it from. One day, I went to my daughter's house, and knocked on the door. I heard her voice say "Come on in!" But the door was locked. When she finally came to the door, we realized that the bird was the one telling me to "Come on in!" and he was doing it in my daughter's exact voice.

Birds are fun and very smart.
              "I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High." Psalm 9:2

Comment

Originally posted by graceforme View Post
                Funny story.

My daughter has a Quaker Parrot who learns a new word or sentence quite frequently. The funny thing is that he imitates the voice of the person he learned it from. One day, I went to my daughter's house, and knocked on the door. I heard her voice say "Come on in!" But the door was locked. When she finally came to the door, we realized that the bird was the one telling me to "Come on in!" and he was doing it in my daughter's exact voice.

Birds are fun and very smart.
                lol that is funny....

Comment

haha that's amazingly awsome.

and on a side note there's a grindcore band with a parrot that sings. i'd post the myspace, but it might not go over to well thet're called hatebeak.

anyways, good ol birls hey. so funny.
                  Last edited by ilovemetal; Sep 8th 2008, 11:32 PM. Reason: sp.

Comment

Working...
                  X