Pro-Life flowers on the steps of the Supreme Court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro-Life flowers on the steps of the Supreme Court

If you are pro-life, you may wish to leave flowers on the steps of the Supreme Court. (or send flowers)

Roe v. Wade pushes frivolous and unneeded abortions on all 50 states.

The flowers on the steps would be like it's the grave site of the unborn.

Thank You for your time.
    And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. (1 Corinthians 13:13)

Is this an organized campaign going on, or just a suggestion?

Comment

Didn't we just have a thread about this?
      "We are symbols and inhabit symbols; workmen, work, and tools, words and things, birth and death, all are emblems; but we sympathize with the symbols, and being infatuated with the economical uses of things, we do not know that they are thoughts." - Emerson, "The Poet" (Essays, Second Series)

Comment

Originally posted by thestarofthesea View Post
        Is this an organized campaign going on, or just a suggestion?
        It's all over the internet and a number of Senators know about it.
        And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. (1 Corinthians 13:13)

Comment

The Roe v. Wade decision incited intense public controversy over whether abortion is such a "fundamental right" that it overrides the right of a child to live, the right of a father to prevent the abortion of his child, and the right of states to legislate the issue in accord with the will of the people.

Comment

Pro Life

I think the ones who are for abortion should change their name from "pro choice" to "PRO DEATH" because if you are not for LIFE then you are for death.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidK
              I think the ones who are for abortion should change their name from "pro choice" to "PRO DEATH" because if you are not for LIFE then you are for death.
              I think that is misunderstanding the issue. Nobody is "for" abortion; there are simply many people who believe that option should remain open and that it is for the individual herself to decide how to handle an unwanted pregnancy. Many people don't believe that life is formed at the moment of conception and that life is best understood as occurring when the embryo becomes a viable baby, not before. If you don't believe that a cluster of cells several weeks old is "life", then naturally you would not see abortion as "death" but as a simple medical procedure. Many people who are personally against abortion for themselves still support the woman's right to choose whether or not to give birth, but nobody is pro-death.

Comment

Open Question To All:

If Roe v. Wade was removed, do you think the people in your state would vote to make some unneeded abortions illegal?

Comment

Likewise. I think those who consider themselves "pro-life" should actually call themselves "anti-choice". Because that's exactly what you are advocating: no choice for parents over their own families. Admit it.

Comment

Originally posted by IPet2_9 View Post
                    Likewise. I think those who consider themselves "pro-life" should actually call themselves "anti-choice". Because that's exactly what you are advocating: no choice for parents over their own families. Admit it.
                    Really? So you think that just because people are against aborton, they're against all choices? What a broad brush you paint with.
                    My body is a temple and my tattoos are the stained glass.

You can take away my worldly things, you can take away my life. There's one thing you can't touch.... MY FAITH IN GOD

www.eviltoddlers.com

..._______
                    ./|___..__|
                    |/__/|.|_/
                    ...the BIG
                    .....|.|_|
                    .....|/_/

Comment

Likewise. I think those who consider themselves "pro-life" should actually call themselves "anti-choice".
                      PROUDLY!!

That's right! I'm AGAINST people having the CHOICE to MURDER.

You are too, actually. I don't recall seeing you at the last rally to overturn homicide laws.

Comment

Mod. hat on. Things are starting to get a little heated in here. We need to cool down.

Cloudwalker
                        Facilitator for Anything Goes
                        sigpicLord, now let your servant depart in peace. For my eyes have seen your salvation.

My Commission in the army of Christ

Here I Stand

If you remember "The Fishnet" in Charleston, Illinois, contact me.

Comment

That's right! I'm against people having the choice to murder.
                          Angyl,

I appreciate your honesty.

You are too, actually. I don't recall seeing you at the last rally to overturn homicide laws.
                          The two are not analogous. However, I have never been to pro/anti-euthanasia rallies, either. And that's more analogous. I see lots of hand-waving saying euthanasia is murder, too--but really, the whole realm of living wills, when are they "dead", etc., is a gray area and a family matter. The *LAST* thing I want for a family during this extremely difficult time is a bunch of governmental regulations, and authorities in the hospital interviewing everybody, making the determination on the family's behalf when/when it's not murder. I have seen this before (in a child abuse case). In the end, all the bureaucratic red tape on a family matter stemming from these two controversies benefits nobody.

Comment

However, I have never been to pro/anti-euthanasia rallies, either. And that's more analogous. In the end, all the bureaucratic red tape on a family matter stemming from these two controversies benefits nobody.
                            Euthanasia is legal in 1 state. (Oregon)

"bureaucratic red tape"
                            That sounds like Roe v. Wade.

Did the people vote for Roe v. Wade?
                            No.

Did the people elect the justices ?
                            No.

Comment

Originally posted by chivalrous View Post
                              Did the people elect the justices ?
                              No.
                              Part of the point of the judicial branch is that it is not directly elected, because the government needs a branch that does not have to worry about re-election every four years and thus does not have to slavishly follow the majority opinion all the time.
                              "We are symbols and inhabit symbols; workmen, work, and tools, words and things, birth and death, all are emblems; but we sympathize with the symbols, and being infatuated with the economical uses of things, we do not know that they are thoughts." - Emerson, "The Poet" (Essays, Second Series)

Comment

Working...
                              X