Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actively involved in a ministry (church or otherwise)?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actively involved in a ministry (church or otherwise)?

Simple: are you actively involved in some Christian ministry - church-related or otherwise?

Yes - more than one ministry
    Yes - typically once a week or more
    Sometimes - when opportunities arise, but not weekly
    No - almost never
    No - just do not have either the time or the inclination
    Yes - more than one ministry - weekly
    66.67%
    Yes - typically once a week or more often
    27.78%
    Sometimes - when opportunities arise, but not weekly
    5.56%
    No - almost never
    0.00%
    No - just do not have either the time or the inclination
    0.00%
    3 John 4 - "No greater joy can I have than this, to hear that my [spiritual] children walk in the truth.

BadDog!

Music ministry! (I.e., I play the organ/piano.)
    "We are symbols and inhabit symbols; workmen, work, and tools, words and things, birth and death, all are emblems; but we sympathize with the symbols, and being infatuated with the economical uses of things, we do not know that they are thoughts." - Emerson, "The Poet" (Essays, Second Series)

Comment

I volunteer with the prison ministry. I write letters and correct bible study lessons on a weekly basis. I started doing some visits as well.

Comment

I'm an elder in the church I attend so I'd say I'm in fulltime minsitry. I'm also part of a Biblical Recovery Program about to be launching from our church which will meet once a week.
        Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

The Lord recently led me to coordinate a prayer ministry in my church. See my testimony. I also visit in the church community and occasionally with some friends not of my church, Catholic, in fact, that I teach about the Bible and its meanings. They are so hungry for understanding more than they have been taught. (They are over 80.) We used to meet weekly before I moved away from the same street, from the same town.

I love prayer walking, prayer riding, and feel intercessory prayer is one of the gifts God has given me.
          He has so blessed me in the past 14 months or so since I really began to spend time in prayer and more time in the Word as well. (I have been a Christian over 40 years.
          (Hmmm? Long answers not necesssary here. Oops.)
          g
          "Gripped in the Hand of God"

Comment

I do jail and prison ministry- doing worship services to several TDC units as well as deathrow and ag. seg.

I will be an ordained Evangelist Missionary in my church come July, I'm in practical training now.
            It takes love to embrace those ones who are weak, and strength to endure the weakness, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Comment

Wow! ... Didn't know what to expect when I started this poll. It is apparent that many of the users on this board are quite active in church! Cool.

BD
              3 John 4 - "No greater joy can I have than this, to hear that my [spiritual] children walk in the truth.

BadDog!

Comment

I play drums in the worship band at my church on Sundays. I gues you could call it the music ministery
                Philipians 4:13- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Isaiah 41:13 For I the Lord your God will hold your right hand, saying to you, "fear not I will help you."

Psalm 150:5
                Praise Him with loud cymbals!
                Praise Him with clashing cymbals!

Comment

im a youth director at a church out here. so yep, pretty involved.
                  "Everyone needs a Hobab"~ Brother Mark

δολος Χριστός ησος
                  sigpic

Comment

I am sooo impressed with what has been posted!

BD

BadDog!

Comment

Work and train full time in church community outreach.
                      Grace is the gift of Christ, who exposes the gulf which separates God and man, and, by exposing it, bridges it. [K Barth]

Comment

Working...
                      X