Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these principles & techniques against the Bible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these principles & techniques against the Bible?

Shallom Folks,

For a while I've been reading a book called "The Secret" and a related website called "The Masters Of The Secret" @ http://www.themastersofthesecret.com and lately I encounter a website concerning finger healing techniques @ http://www.fingerhealing.com.

Both concerns how to achieve wealthy and healthy life but they are also quoting the Bible from time to time.

My question is (especially to Pastors and Bible Scholars) : in the eyes of our Lord Jesus (according to the Bible), are these principles/techniques allowed or forbidden. Please also provide Bible verses which suits your arguments

If these are against the Bible, I will immediately drop them and not continue learning them.

May God Bless you all

Please stop reading these materials immediately - they will do you nothing but spiritual harm. The Secret and Law of Attraction materials are dangerous New Age teachings that have nothing to do with the true message of Christianity. Just because the Bible doesn't forbid certain practices doesn't make them OK per se - you need to test the spirits to see if they are from God - and The Secret most certainly is not!

There are a number of good critiques of the books/practices but here is one that you may find helpful.

http://heartofwisdom.com/blog/do-you...or-the-secret/

Comment

I am going to back Mark on this one, stay away from these New Age teachings

Comment

New Age teachings

You have received good advice from Mark and Phil. New age teachings might give you a "fuzzy good feeling" but they have little to do with the teachings of Christianity.

Galatians 1:8-9 tells us this: "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."

He goes on to say in Verse 10 "For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ."

New Age teaching looks really good, until you start to study it out and realize that Christ doesn't really enter into it.

God Bless.
        "I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High." Psalm 9:2

Comment

The whole thing reads like a sale pitch and the only thing they are really intrested in is you giving them money.

Be wary whenever an advert uses 'amazing', 'hidden secret' and preports to be a magic fix for a problem in life.
          Grace is the gift of Christ, who exposes the gulf which separates God and man, and, by exposing it, bridges it. [K Barth]

Comment

Originally posted by Giddy View Post
            Shallom Folks,

For a while I've been reading a book called "The Secret" and a related website called "The Masters Of The Secret" @ http://www.themastersofthesecret.com and lately I encounter a website concerning finger healing techniques @ http://www.fingerhealing.com.

Both concerns how to achieve wealthy and healthy life but they are also quoting the Bible from time to time.

My question is (especially to Pastors and Bible Scholars) : in the eyes of our Lord Jesus (according to the Bible), are these principles/techniques allowed or forbidden. Please also provide Bible verses which suits your arguments

If these are against the Bible, I will immediately drop them and not continue learning them.

May God Bless you all
            Welcome to the forums.

Yes, I agree with the others that these teachings are contrary to God's word and are not biblical. "The Secret" has, unfortunately, gained much popularity from the likes of celebrities like Ophra Winfrey.

I like Paul's warning illustrated in 2 Timothy 4:3:

For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions

These new age teaching have some basic commonalities:
            1) All spiritual paths lead to salvation and heaven.
            2) There is no absolute truth. Truth is relative to each believer.
            3) Morality is also relative.

From a Christian apologetics standpoint, I will look at false doctrine to determine where it departs from Christianity. I do not, however, recommend to new believers to spend any amount of time on these items because it will only serve to confuse you.

Any sound biblical teaching will include these basics (this is by no means an exhaustive list):

1) Divinity of Jesus (virgin birth, sinless, preformed miracles, died and rose again)
            2) Exclusivity of Jesus for salvation
            3) Trinity of God
            4) Heaven and hell are real places (all who reject Jesus as Saviour are cast into hell)
            5) Total depravity of the human condition
            6) Satan is real and has influence on this world
            7) The soul lasts all eternity in either heaven or hell

The best thing you can do is join a bible study group with your church, pray, and read scripture daily to determine what sound doctrine consists of.

Comment

Thank you folks for your advice, excatly what is in my heart eventhough there are also some doubts, that is the reason I brought it up in this forum.
              However, does the same thinking also apply to the 'Finger Healing technique'?

Comment

Lots of good advice so far. I was briefly into some of this stuff before coming back to God, and one of the first things I did after coming back was feed everything relating to it through my shredder.

These philosophies usually sound pretty good, they sound safe, they sound appropriate. But the trouble is what hides behind a respectable-looking facade.

On a simple level it's all about "I want..." which is what led to the fall in the Garden of Eden in the first place. On a more sinister level, and to use the kind of language it uses, if you aren't "resonating" to God's frequency then it doesn't take long to figure who else might be lurking in there somewhere.

Seriously, stop reading this stuff and if you've bought any books on it then destroy them. If you've picked up a gratitude rock then a nearby river would be a good place for it. Then repent of it.
                24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
                I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
                I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
                1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Giddy View Post
                  Thank you folks for your advice, excatly what is in my heart eventhough there are also some doubts, that is the reason I brought it up in this forum.
                  However, does the same thinking also apply to the 'Finger Healing technique'?
                  Yes - anything and everything to do with it - destroy it, repent and ask God to lead you and guide you by His Spirit into the truth of His word. Excellent advice from everyone else here - please follow it.

Comment

Thank you very much again folks. I appreciate all the good advice and support. Jesus Bless you all

Comment

Working...
                    X