Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You find out interesting things when you have sons, like...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You find out interesting things when you have sons, like...

(Moonglow, I hope you see this, cause it made me think of you and Nate. )

1.) A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house 4 inches deep.

2.) If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.

3.) A 3-year old Boy's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.

4.) If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound Boy wearing Batman underwear and a Superman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20x20 ft. room.

5.) You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When using a ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.

6.) The glass in windows (even double-pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.

7.) When you hear the toilet flush and the words 'uh oh', it's already too late.

8.) Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.

9.) A six-year old Boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36-year old Man says they can only do it in the movies.

10.) Certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a 4-year old Boy.

11.) Play dough and microwave should not be used in the same sentence.

12.) Super glue is forever.

13.) No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool,you still can't walk on water.

14.) Pool filters do not like Jell-O.

15.) VCR's do not eject 'PB & J' sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.

16.) Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

17.) Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.

18.) You probably DO NOT want to know what that odor is.

19.) Always look in the oven before you turn it on; plastic toys do not like ovens.

20.) The fire department in Austin , TX has a 5-minute response time.

21.) The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.

22.) It will, however, make cats dizzy.

23.) Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.

24.) 80% of Women will pass this on to almost all of their friends, with or without kids.

25.) 80% of Men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid.

LOL I love this. I tried to rep. you for it but it wouldn't let me. Seems I've repped you for something to recently. (And no I'm not going to go out an try the Clorox and break fluid, though I'm tempted)
    sigpicLord, now let your servant depart in peace. For my eyes have seen your salvation.

My Commission in the army of Christ

Here I Stand

If you remember "The Fishnet" in Charleston, Illinois, contact me.

Comment

Ahahaha! I haven't laughed so hard in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudwalker View Post
        LOL I love this. I tried to rep. you for it but it wouldn't let me. Seems I've repped you for something to recently. (And no I'm not going to go out an try the Clorox and break fluid, though I'm tempted)
        You rep'd me for the pic of the dog recently. I appreciate the thought.

Actually, I'm a little tempted with the Clorox and brake fluid.

Comment

Originally posted by SavedByGrace View Post
          Ahahaha! I haven't laughed so hard in a while.
          Same here. I've got a nephew that has the potential to make some of this list in the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by stillforgiven View Post
            7.) When you hear the toilet flush and the words 'uh oh', it's already too late.
            This one made me laugh.
            sigpic

Comment

I think this one is my favorite.

I must admit that I am curious to know what would happen.

Comment

Very funny stillforgiven...I think...

Now Nate isn't this bad! I am listing the ones he has had close encounter with though...but not the exact way on this list..

3.) A 3-year old Boy's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.

True...his voice is STILL louder then a crowd of adults! ugh!

4.) If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound Boy wearing Batman underwear and a Superman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20x20 ft. room

He never got that far...the dog leash wrapped around it threatening to ruin the motor! I got it shut off pretty quickly and while I was untangling it, he had found a fishing line with a hook on it and was 'fishing' in the fish tank! I ran over and got that away from him and while I was cleaning up the water and all he had gone to his bedroom and was jumping on the bed catching the curtains from the window next to it under his feet bending the curtain rod! While I was trying to unbend it and fix that...he had made his way to the bathroom and flushed my hair pick down the toilet which plugged it up... That was a really bad evening! He was three or four at that time I think...I literally could not keep up with him..

5.) You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When using a ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.

Baseballs aren't allowed in our house (can't image why!) So instead he used stuffed animals...

7.) When you hear the toilet flush and the words 'uh oh', it's already too late. See number four.

The last toilet incident didn't even get to the flushing part...he ran in to use our brand new toilet (the whole bathroom redone...new sink, new tub and toilet) and flipped the lid back so hard it broke the toilet tank! Water came pouring out, flooding the floor and going down the vent then poured onto the basement floor! When the plumber came again...to put in another tank the next day, he put a little board between the tank and the wall so if Nate flipped the lid back too hard the tank wouldn't just crack like that.

9.) A six-year old Boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36-year old Man says they can only do it in the movies.

I stopped him before he got the fire started!

He did this after watching a scene of that movie with Tom Hanks stranded on that island. Got a pile of dried leaves and put them on the caparted front porch...got his rocks and was working away!

10.) Certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a 4-year old Boy

Can't say he ever swallowed a lego but he took a little tiny square one (something like a lego) and stuck a tiny toad he caught in it...then couldn't open it again! I had to use a toothpick to pry it open to get the poor toad out!

I think play dough is the only thing he hasn't nuked in the microwave...

12.) Super glue is forever.

Not if you have a steady supply of super glue remover!

24.) 80% of Women will pass this on to almost all of their friends, with or without kids.

Uh...maybe only to my mom who knows about this stuff...lol. (oh and the board! ha!)

25.) 80% of Men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid.
                Now that's funny...lol.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane! uh...I think...lol
                "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

moonglow.....i just don't really know what to say. Sounds like Nate is lucky to have made it to twelve. (did i get his age right?)

Comment

moonglow.....i just don't really know what to say. Sounds like Nate is lucky to have made it to twelve. (did i get his age right?)
                    Yep...he is 12..going to be 13 in December!

I didn't think he would make it to age five!

What they didn't have on the list...

Getting stuck behind the fish tank then screaming forever about it...(when all he had to do was get back down on his hands and knees and crawl out the same way the got in...

Getting his head stuck in between the iron railings on the front porch...

Getting stuck between the mattress and springboard on the bed then screaming for help....

(yes he liked small places...especially his big head! )

Breaking the bottom out of my cedar chest MY grandpa built while playing hide and go seek with his friends! (shhh don't tell my mom...besides I fixed it...)

I could list more but I don't want to cause anyone on here to get grey hairs too early just visualizing this in their minds...

Now you know why I am tired all the time...
                    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

I have a nephew that could be Nate's kindred-spirit. My sister has 6-year old twins, one boy and one girl. She says if it wasn't for the boy, she'd be bored as a parent.

Comment

Stillforgiven, that made me laugh.

Moonglow, after laughing I then laughed even harder.

My sides hurt!!

Originally posted by ConqueredbyLove
                        Even sheep fall down sometimes...But Jesus picks them up as they can't pick up themselves

Comment

I have a nephew that could be Nate's kindred-spirit. My sister has 6-year old twins, one boy and one girl. She says if it wasn't for the boy, she'd be bored as a parent.
                          lol must be a boy thing...
                          FaithfulSheep Stillforgiven, that made me laugh.

Moonglow, after laughing I then laughed even harder.

My sides hurt!!
                          I laugh...later...much later after these incidents! heh

I have to laugh or I would lose my mind...

Comment

When my children were small, my life was a living h*** because my wife (1st wife) did nothing to control the children, rather, she kept a written account of their escapades, and as soon as I came in the door from work, I would be greeted with some portentious statement or question such as, "Do you want to go to the funeral, or talk to the lawyers first?"

I'm serious, this went on for years, and it drove me to mental problems and after giving the marriage a 23 year fair try, I divorced her . . .

I digress, this was supposed to be about the children:

One such "home-from-work" greeting was "Your daughter, (strange how the children were always 'mine') was playing in the car and she released the brake and the car rolled across the street . . ." and into the garden-club prize flower bed of a neighbor who already didn't like me very much and the car ruined a bunch of her prize whatevers.

My daughter, 4 years old, confined to her room for her first driving escapade, sat on her bed with her books (she could read rather well at 4) and looked up at me with tear-reddened eyes and trembled.

I sat down, still in my "uniform" (suit) and gently asked her, "Sweetheart, do you want to tell Daddy what happened ?

Her innocent reply caused me to have to get up and leave the room to compose my self, and to this day and to the day I die I will still hear her scared, trembling voice quaver, "Promise you won't laugh ?"

Comment

Originally posted by winwun View Post
                              One such "home-from-work" greeting was "Your daughter, (strange how the children were always 'mine') was playing in the car and she released the brake and the car rolled across the street . . ." and into the garden-club prize flower bed of a neighbor who already didn't like me very much and the car ruined a bunch of her prize whatevers.

My daughter, 4 years old, confined to her room for her first driving escapade, sat on her bed with her books (she could read rather well at 4) and looked up at me with tear-reddened eyes and trembled.

I sat down, still in my "uniform" (suit) and gently asked her, "Sweetheart, do you want to tell Daddy what happened ?

Her innocent reply caused me to have to get up and leave the room to compose my self, and to this day and to the day I die I will still hear her scared, trembling voice quaver, "Promise you won't laugh ?"
                              I was laughing already when I read the part about the garden club neighbor, but the ending clinched it! Were you able to keep a straight face?

Comment

Working...
                              X