This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion Meat first or Vegi?

When you are sat to eat your meal; do you prefer to eat your meat first or greens pasta rice etc first?
    Its funny my tummy feels like it prefers to eat the meat first.
    I prefer it that way.
    I dont want to be filled with vegi first etc.
    Meat First
    72.73%
    Vegi rice Pasta First
    27.27%

I usually start out with my meat, and then slowly merged them with a bit of vegies, a bit of meat.

I must have some form of bread

I must however finish my meal before I drink my glass of ice tea, ice tea is like dessert to me
    It takes love to embrace those ones who are weak, and strength to endure the weakness, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Comment

I'll eat the veg first and leave the meat altogether. Wonder how long it will take daughter to answer this poll? I'm a vegetarian. SofTy.
      1 Corinthians 1:12-13 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos: and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptised in the name of Paul?

KJV

May the power of the Spirit of our God unite us. SofTy.

Comment

Meat, lots of it! With mushrooms and gravy! I've been a member of PETA for years. People Eating Tasty Animals.

I eat just enough veggies to keep the pipes flowing for more meat.

Comment

Meat first meat in between an meat last meat meat yum I love the stuff hey if they had meat ice cream ummmmmm

Comment

Less and less meat for me: we're eating more veggie and vegan stuff these days - Italian, Greek, Turkish, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Indonesian, Mexican. There was a time when I'd eat meat/fish 2-3 times every single day and was never far from a bacon sarnie; now it's more like 3-4 meals a week, the meat is more an accent than the focus of the dish, and those meals will be in the evening to keep DH happy, as I do all the cooking and he eats what I put in front of him. Food is basically fuel for him, whereas I'm more of an epicurean.

Good for the health and the bank balance (particularly if using homegrown veg which costs pennies and gets me out into the garden to grow it). My IBS really likes it as long as I keep wheat and pulses to a minimum (BIG issue for me - I'm sick of the gut pain which makes me pass out and the hand-sores which are debilitating and unsightly), and I'm actually appreciating the subtlety of different tastes and textures more. Long gone are the days when I considered a meal not a meal unless it contained a hunk of meat. I'm cooking more varied stuff than I've ever done before, and we're coming into my favourite root-veg season: carrots, sweet potatoes, parsnips, turnips, swede.

My Mum would never believe me if I told her I voluntarily ate cabbage and liked it - she'd think the Pod People had got me. I'm eating and enjoying stuff I wouldn't have touched before. I don't discount the possibility of going entirely veggie or even vegan at some point, although I doubt DH will join me. But each to their own; we have personal freedom in the matter. I'm looking into it as part of the whole subject of ethical stewardship that I'm exploring, and enjoying every step.

Daughter and I went to stay with Elouise last week and had a sumptuous vegan feast - top-notch scrummy food (I'm always well fed when I go there). Beautiful mushroom and homemade wine pie with flaky pastry, great waxy potatoes, roasted butternut squash, rice, steamed cabbage, outstanding vegan chocolate torte and cake. Elouise is a brilliant cook and has an amazing garden I took home a suitcase of tofu from a Chinese wholesale outlet for the freezer - I adore the stuff, and DH really liked the Chinese curry I made from it. When Daughter comes to stay with us, we'll be well-prepared for gourmet vegan food.

Comment

Glad you enjoyed the food Bethany.

I tend towards simple living from a mix of ethical and theological concerns and living my faith in actions.

I will only eat meat if I know its name, the farmour seen the farm and it has been locally reared to the highest of organic welfare standards [none factory methods, no bulkers, no routine drugs]and it has also been slaughtered locally to reduce the stress of transport and the whole animal is used. That means I eat very little meat and most of my diet consists of pulses, veg, grains, fruit and some organic milk and the occasional organic egg.

I also aim to cook food in season to avoid the impact of imports on developing countries unless it clearly bears a fairtrade certified logo. Something is going wrong when the West can buy mangetout from Africa and therefore prevent african farmors from using the land to feed their people.

So often we mistake greed for need.
              Grace is the gift of Christ, who exposes the gulf which separates God and man, and, by exposing it, bridges it. [K Barth]

Comment

Originally posted by Bethany67 View Post

Daughter and I went to stay with Elouise last week and had a sumptuous vegan feast - top-notch scrummy food (I'm always well fed when I go there). Beautiful mushroom and homemade wine pie with flaky pastry, great waxy potatoes, roasted butternut squash, rice, steamed cabbage, outstanding vegan chocolate torte and cake. Elouise is a brilliant cook and has an amazing garden I took home a suitcase of tofu from a Chinese wholesale outlet for the freezer - I adore the stuff, and DH really liked the Chinese curry I made from it. When Daughter comes to stay with us, we'll be well-prepared for gourmet vegan food.

Oh great, now I'm hungry.
                The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them has light shined.
                --Isaiah 9:2

Comment

I dunno. I just know I finish with meat, that way I finish with a great taste!
                  My body is a temple and my tattoos are the stained glass.

You can take away my worldly things, you can take away my life. There's one thing you can't touch.... MY FAITH IN GOD

www.eviltoddlers.com

..._______
                  ./|___..__|
                  |/__/|.|_/
                  ...the BIG
                  .....|.|_|
                  .....|/_/

Comment

I'll get a giant open flame cooked medium-rare steak and eat at least half of it... savoring the flavor before I even consider allowing a plant to touch my tongue and begin to take that flavor away.

The only other flavor I'll allow is that of a local micro-brewed beer while I'm enjoying my steak.

Like BigT said... I'll save a final piece of that steak to eat after all the plants have been ate, just so I'm left with the flavor of the meat.
                    Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Sometimes I start with the meat, sometimes I don't. I generally eat in a circle around my plate, taking a bite of each thing.

Jeanne
                      Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded declares the Lord, and they (your children) will come back from the land of the enemy. Jeremiah 31:16-17
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you can discover He is the rock at the bottom

All the forces of darkness cannot stop what God has ordained. Isaiah 14:27

Comment

Just knock the horns (or antlers) off it and put it on the table!

Comment

I usually eat the veggies while I'm waiting for the meat to cook. If someone else is doing the cooking, though, I always eat the meat first.
                          We long to be known and we fear it like nothing else.
                          Most people live with subtle dread that one day,
                          they will be discovered for who they really are,
                          and the world will be appalled.
                          - Curtis, Brent and John Eldredge,
                          The Sacred Romance: Drawing Closer to the Heart of God

The joy is not in hiding, the joy is in being found.
                          - David Terry

My Testimony

Comment

Usually start with some meat, then make my way to the meat....and then make sure I finish with at least some meat.......

Veggies?.............what are those?
                            My love for God is only as much as the love I have for the person I love the least!

“If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.”
                            ― John F. Kennedy

Comment

OK, I voted "meat first," because generally that is what I go to first. But I work on everything together... unless something is particularly good... usually, that would mean the meat for me.

BD
                              3 John 4 - "No greater joy can I have than this, to hear that my [spiritual] children walk in the truth.

BadDog!

Comment

Working...
                              X