reguarding 'true christianity'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion reguarding 'true christianity'

well, basically, i wanted to put up a note in facebook explaining some thigns that bother me about what people think about Christianity. i just am looking for a review, and critisism on anything that needs to be changed. please, son't worry about me feeling on this one. going for absolute truth, and love.

this will be a very basic once over on what Christianity really is. as there seems to be much annoying things that arenít true, and have been skued my extremists or false prophets.

first, as far as the crusades go, I don't think one should relate this to Christianity, even though they claimed the title. extremist fundamentalists do not solely forfeit the religion I believe to be true. some quotes:

"The point is that the church as a body, and Christians acting in the name of Christ, are never entitled to employ force for any purpose related to the work of advancing Christ's Kingdom on earth.....In the words of Charles Spugeon, "For the church of God ever to avail itself of force would be clean contrary to the spirit of Christianity: for the Christian bishop to become a soldier or employ the secular arm [of military force], would seem the very climax of contradiction."

"The Bible says categorically that the Truth War is a completely different kind of war, fought with entirely different weaponry and with totally different objectives in view. We do not wrestle against flesh and blood (Eph 6:12)"

"We do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal (2Cor 10:3-4)"

"Scripture is clear that physical force is not a legitimate tool for the advancement of the Kingdom of God. The church has no authority from their Lord to wield a sword for any reason-certainly not for the expansion of their influence, not even to fend off their enemies. Those things have been perfectly clear and almost universally affirmed by godly, Bible-believing Christians since the night of Jesus' betrayal, when Jesus commanded Peter, 'put your sword in it's place, for all who take sword will perish by the sword. (Matt 26:52)"

-the truth war by John MacArthur.

now this isn't to say that use of force is completely forbidden for the Christian acting in self defense, but that I think is not the topic at hand. The crusades as it were, were unjustified and defiantly not condoned by the true Christian God.

second is the subject of homosexuality. although it is a sin, somehow it has got out that 'God hates fags' according to the Westbro Baptists. they're crazy people who absolutely have no clue on what Christianity is about, because it directly contradicts Jesus own words. in Matthew 22:35-43 it says.

"One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'

Jesus also has said: "But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart." (Matt 5:28) so even if we lust in our heart we have sinned. this also goes for lusting after the same gender. it's sin. the problem lies when one acts upon that lust. it's also important to note too that this sin is no greater than any other. they [sin] distance us from God, and thus He's not into them.

the true Christian should love everyone, should. however, let's not forget that we are still humans. we all make mistakes, and mess it up sometimes. Christianity is a relationship. although it holds many elements of "religion" it is separate entirely. It differs drastically form every other 'religion' and has no relation with Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, or Islam. It is a Theistic belief. It claims absolute truth. My duty is not to 'convince' you in a single note, but I would say the question of 'God' will be thee single most important question you can ask.

"What someone believes about God affects everything else that he/she believes. When Mortimer Adler was asked why the "God" section was the largest in the Great Books of the Western World series (which he edited), he insightfully observed that it's because more implications flow from the subject of God than from any other subject. Indeed the five most consequential questions in life are:

1:Origin-Where did we come from?
    2:Identity-Who are we?
    3:Meaning-Why are we here?
    4:Morality-How would we live?
    5: Destiny-Where are we going?

The answers to these questions depend on the existence of God. If God exists then there's ultimate meaning and purpose in your life. If there's a real purpose to your life, then there's a real right and wrong way to live it."

-I don't have enough faith to be an atheist By Norman Geisler & Frank Turek

I'm not here to 'convince you', Iím simply putting out there what we/I believe, and ask you to examine life more closely.
Working...
X