Share some Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share some Quotes

Let's share some quotes that inspire us. And maybe the reason.

Jim Elliot: “God, I pray Thee, light these idle sticks of my life and may I burn up for Thee. Consume my life, my God, for it is Thine. I seek not a long life, but a full one, like You, Lord Jesus.”
    What submission!!
    Jim Elliot, modern day martyr was killed along with four other missionaries by the Ecuadorian tribesmen with whom they were trying to share the gospel. As inspiring as is Jim’s life was - in his willingness to die to share the gospel, his wife’s story is even more amazing. Elisabeth went – along with her young daughter – to the very tribe who had took her husband’s life. She shared the good news of the love of Christ and won many of that tribe for Him. The movie – End of the Spear – helped me understand this best.

One of the books I am currently reading brought this story back to mind. Compelled by Love, by Ed Stetzer and Philip Nation. It is a book on missional living.
    g
    "Gripped in the Hand of God"

I appreciate the days prior to political correctness and ecumenism and men that were bold for the Lord...
    "It is the bounden duty of every Christian to pray against Antichrist, and as to what Antichrist is no sane man ought to raise a question. If it be not the Popery in the Church of Rome there is nothing in the world that can be called by that name. It wounds Christ, robs Christ of His glory, puts sacramental efficacy in the place of His atonement, and lifts a piece of bread in the place of the Saviour....If we pray against it, because it is against Him, we shall love the persons though we hate their errors; we shall love their souls, though we loathe and detest their dogmas...." - C.H. Spurgeon
    "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years." - Revelation 20:6

Comment

Prayer

Lord, Make me an instrument of Thy Peace.
      Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
      Where there is injury, pardon.
      Where there is doubt, faith.
      Where there is despair, hope.
      Where there is darkness, light.
      Where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console, to be understood, as to understand; to be loved, as to love; for it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are borne to Eternal Life

St. Francis of Assisi

This is a poem I found in Poems that touch the Heart Copywritten 1956

Comment

Quoting a friend

Thanks for participating. Here is another:
        Our greatest desire is to play a significant role in stimulating a movement of churches sharing opportunities for restoring communities everyday, everywhere, with everyone.
        from the ministry of Charleston Outreach

What a powerful goal for all Christians. A purpose that would truly please our Savior.
        g
        "Gripped in the Hand of God"

Comment

Working...
        X