got to preview fireproof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got to preview fireproof

very good movie. the first few lines were very staged and I was very worried it would stink, but the movie is really worth promoting. I hope you all will check into seeing it and inviting people too. Just bring tissue...lots of it and you will also laugh like crazy.
    It was so God ordained. We got to talk to one of the guys from the church who put it out and it was really a blessing.
    My dh and I were bawling all over each other...don't tell him I told you...I am sure there wasn't a dry eye in the place.

Great!! I have been looking forward to seeing it.

Originally posted by ConqueredbyLove
    Even sheep fall down sometimes...But Jesus picks them up as they can't pick up themselves

Comment

What is "fireproof"? I've never heard of it.

Comment

I really enjoyed "Facing The Giants" and am looking forward to seeing this new one.
        I am a Christian man in the Devil's land, spreading the gospel man to man.
        Have you laid your burdens down?

Comment

I can't say that this looks good in any way.
          "We are symbols and inhabit symbols; workmen, work, and tools, words and things, birth and death, all are emblems; but we sympathize with the symbols, and being infatuated with the economical uses of things, we do not know that they are thoughts." - Emerson, "The Poet" (Essays, Second Series)

Comment

It is from the people who made facing the giants. The guy who does the makeup for the sets was a dollar store manager who before he got saved used to do all the top Hollywood actors makeup...it is just one of the stories we were told about how God blessed the church who did these movies. Every single actor and actress was a volenteer...not one got paid even Kirk Cameron. All the money goes toward the next movie and a huge Christian sports park in Georgia. Plus just the whole Gospel is given in these movies in a way people will listen.

Luke I would say that anyone who is truely a believer would want to promote this because it is moral, and gives the plan of Salvation in a clean and wholesome setting which is both funny and tearjerking. It is about marriages, and families who see the need to heal. If you are against marriages crumbling, this is a movie to promote the covenant that they are.

No this is not a movie that has sex in it, or loanguage, or horror. If you are looking for those things in a movie you wont get them in this movie because the church that puts this movie out wants truely Godly wholesome movies. It is not cheaply made.

I know the guys who do liberal reviews will give this movie a poor review because anything that promotes something good is lambasted by the media. The truth is it is all about saving marriages and family relationships, and ya know none of us wants to see our marriages or family ties being crushed. We don't throw a party because we failed. We throw the party when we go through the fire and come out on the other side victorious and keep it all together.

Comment

My wife and I are already planning a family outing to see this one in the theater. I hope it is as good as you say and as good as Facing the Giants was. I also like the fact that the intentions behind making these movies are to spread the gospel. For that reason we go and see them at the theater and to support good Christian movies like this. The turn out at the theaters surprised Hollywood last time.
              I am a Christian man in the Devil's land, spreading the gospel man to man.
              Have you laid your burdens down?

Comment

Aww, I just watched the trailer. It looks really sweet and nice. It shows the weekend my parents come up to visit me at school, maybe I'll take them to it. Their marriage has been nothing but fighting basically since I was born. I used to wish whole-heartedly they'd divorce because they fought constantly. It's better now, but they are tense, and my mom pretty much refers to my dad as her housemate, not her husband. I'd like to say they love each other, but I'm really not sure. Sometimes, I think they don't. Anyway, don't know why I just typed all that in here, but I guess I needed to vent so I'll leave it. Good movie, looks like. I like Kirk Cameron a lot!

Comment

It hasn't opened here yet, but I'll try to keep an eye out for it.

Comment

Originally posted by cnw View Post
                    Luke I would say that anyone who is truely a believer would want to promote this because it is moral, and gives the plan of Salvation in a clean and wholesome setting which is both funny and tearjerking. It is about marriages, and families who see the need to heal. If you are against marriages crumbling, this is a movie to promote the covenant that they are.
                    If it actually is funny, or earns its tear-jerking, great. The trailer does not look as though it would: It looks like a cheap, boring, sentimental, audience-manipulative tearjerker. Good intentions about marriage or whatever doesn't make it good art. I won't say anything more, though, because I haven't seen it and am unlikely to.

And no, I don't go to movies looking for sex, horror, and language. The presence or lack thereof of these things doesn't affect whether I like the movie or not; that's why I loved both Superbad and WALL-E.

Originally posted by Phil Fourie
                    I know the guys who do liberal reviews will give this movie a poor review because anything that promotes something good is lambasted by the media.
                    And any time it gets a bad review, everyone will be all "LIBERAL MEDIA!" instead of considering that it may actually not be a good work of cinema.
                    "We are symbols and inhabit symbols; workmen, work, and tools, words and things, birth and death, all are emblems; but we sympathize with the symbols, and being infatuated with the economical uses of things, we do not know that they are thoughts." - Emerson, "The Poet" (Essays, Second Series)

Comment

Originally posted by Luke34 View Post
                      And any time it gets a bad review, everyone will be all "LIBERAL MEDIA!" instead of considering that it may actually not be a good work of cinema.
                      THANK YOU!!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!!

I don't go see Christian films unless I'm bored. The only reason I saw, "The Ultimate Gift" was because a guy at my church was an executive producer and the film was dedicated to my friend's late brother. I'll wait for the "liberal reviews" before I see this movie because they usually know what they're talking about.

Christian filmmakers spend so much time pushing the message that they forget everything else. I go to the movies for the whole package, not the message. I could care less about the message. I want to see a work of art. I don't do cheap and this film looks cheap.
                      Romans 8:11

Comment

Good point, Luke34!!

I find it so frustrating that anything, even themost constructive criticism, that goes against the Christian mainstream is labelled "liberal". Sometimes, it's just that the subject matter comes across as uninspiring, tedious or dull.

Comment

sometimes the posts on this whole board seem pretty much liberal themselves.
                          The Passion got horrible reviews and it was art.
                          Facing the Giants got bad reviews because of its Christian viewpoint.
                          I also don't like bad movies...that is why I don't see most movies. But I do like to live by Christs moral views and most of the movies out today do not promote holiness or anything righteous.

This movie was made for a people that need a savior and who want entertainment. Did you see Mona lisa Smile??? Art...who are the they who says its art??? anyone who has an opinion.
                          If the Godly people don't have an opinion, then Godly art stinks because that is what the liberal agenda says.

Comment

I already own a copy of FlyWheel and Facing the Giants. I'll be adding this one as it comes out. I watched the making of Fire Proof on tv last night. What a blessing from God for these people to do what they are doing. It is so amazing.
                            .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
                            .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

I haven't seen flywheel. I would like to see it as a comparison.

Comment

Working...
                              X