Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone love their pets like children?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone love their pets like children?

Here is my son... Thought I'd share... I adopted him about 5 years ago when he was a stray.

Awww cute cat, Scottizzle!

Yes I love my dog like she's my baby. I can't help it. She will be 14 in December and I've had her since she was 6 weeks old.
    She knows me as "Mommy" and my husband as "Daddy" and my sons refer to her as their sister.
    Some people may think it's silly, but she brings such joy into this house and so much love. I will be heartbroken when she goes.

Jeanne
    Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded declares the Lord, and they (your children) will come back from the land of the enemy. Jeremiah 31:16-17
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you can discover He is the rock at the bottom

All the forces of darkness cannot stop what God has ordained. Isaiah 14:27

Comment

He looks too stressed, I think he needs to rest a little.

I like animals but to say they are like children is going a little overboard. Our children are just that, our children.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAnteater View Post
        He looks too stressed, I think he needs to rest a little.

I like animals but to say they are like children is going a little overboard. Our children are just that, our children.
        Yeah, considering when our first family dog reached that point where living was to painful for her without the meds, we put her down in a neighbors back field.

So, no... a dog isn't like a child.
        Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Maybe the majority of men don't feel the same way about pets as women do?

Jeanne
          Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded declares the Lord, and they (your children) will come back from the land of the enemy. Jeremiah 31:16-17
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you can discover He is the rock at the bottom

All the forces of darkness cannot stop what God has ordained. Isaiah 14:27

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanne D View Post

Jeanne
            Not really, we just don't cry in the open about it
            Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Yeah, considering when our first family dog reached that point where living was to painful for her without the meds, we put her down in a neighbors back field.

So, no... a dog isn't like a child.
              I'm curious... you saw the title of the post - if it didn't apply to you, why did you bother posting?

For those who DO feel like their pet is their child... they surely don't want to read your post so why did you feel the need to post that? Why couldn't you have just moved on to a thread that you could identify with?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanne D View Post
                Slugs right with the not crying part, but we love our pets as much as anyone. I went away to school when my family cat was getting older. Apparently one month she just wasted away and they put her down and forgot to even tell me until a couple weeks later. I carried that loss around for a while. She was one of those sympathetic cats that would stay with you when you were down or sick.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekingHisWill View Post
                  I'm curious... you saw the title of the post - if it didn't apply to you, why did you bother posting?

For those who DO feel like their pet is their child... they surely don't want to read your post so why did you feel the need to post that? Why couldn't you have just moved on to a thread that you could identify with?
                  Uh... the post asked if people do. Seems to me one could have a yes or no answer for that. Nobody was restricting this thread to one opinion only.

Comment

Cause I'm "anyone"

This is Anything Goes so let's be adult and deal with all the posts you'll find in here.

My answer is "no" cause of the reality of owning a pet that was given to me or I bought from a cage vs. raising my child that I took part in creating.
                    Slug1--out

Comment

Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
                      Uh... the post asked if people do. Seems to me one could have a yes or no answer for that. Nobody was restricting this thread to one opinion only.
                      Just seems like there was no reason for such a post. But I guess that's because I don't see the point in posting just to cause a ruckus! I won't entertain this rudeness again!

Comment

Hi,

I have an orange tabby and yes, I love him. I don't know if its the same kind of love I have for humans. Its a different type of relationship and hard to explain. I am expecting a baby soon, but I want to make sure my cat isn't neglected and doesn't feel left out when the baby arrives. He is a family member and we value him as such. He has his place and his role in our household.

Comment

Scott, your son is adorable! Thanks for starting a post for those who love their pets like children!

Jeanne - my little girl is 15 1/2 and I've had her since she was 3 weeks old. I often say she's my little piece of heaven here on earth!

God bless animal lovers!
                          Last edited by Slug1; Sep 19th 2008, 06:18 PM. Reason: Edited out name calling.

Comment

If we're going to play the "lounging pets" game, I may as well join in.

I love my dog, he's an awesome dog, but I don't treat him like a human. He eats dog food, he goes in the back yard when I go to work in the morning, and he gets disciplined when he misbehaves.

Then again, he also gets taken for several walks a day and is allowed to spend afternoons in the house if I come home for lunch. Oh yeah, and "disciplining" typically just involves saying his name in a stern voice.
                            We long to be known and we fear it like nothing else.
                            Most people live with subtle dread that one day,
                            they will be discovered for who they really are,
                            and the world will be appalled.
                            - Curtis, Brent and John Eldredge,
                            The Sacred Romance: Drawing Closer to the Heart of God

The joy is not in hiding, the joy is in being found.
                            - David Terry

My Testimony

Comment

Just seems like there was no reason for such a post. But I guess that's because I don't see the point in posting just to cause a ruckus! I won't entertain this rudeness again!
                              I'm glad someone shared the opposing view to this matter and, at the risk of being rude, there is something quite offensive and unnatural in equating beasts to human children.
                              "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years." - Revelation 20:6

Comment

Working...
                              X