Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever ordered from ChristianBook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever ordered from ChristianBook?

I'm trying to be careful here to not post a link for these folks since they certainly take payments, but I've considered ordering some material from these folks and I wanted to know if anyone here's used them before. The website's slogan is "serving the Christian Community for 30 years", so I think they'd be fine....that and they got the BizRate 2007 circle of excellence... but I always ask people for referrals first, no matter what company I'm dealing with. So before I go ahead and place any orders, I'd love to hear from someone who's used them.

- any problems/issues making payments?
    - any shipping delays/concerns?
    - did you get the items (books/dvd's etc) you'd ordered?
    - was the experience basically what you expected?
    - would you recommend them/ do you REALLY like them?

Thanks.
    -- Your ~sister~ in Christ.... a "Kaffinated Kittykat"!!

ROMANS 5:8. Forgiven. Freed. Humbled. Amazed. Grateful. Relying on Christ.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
    It's a house we enter in, then commit to never leave
    So lock the door behind you, and throw away the key
    We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees.....
    Warren Barfield

I got one of my Bibles from ChristianBook.

I had no problems with them. My shipment arrived the day it was supposed to. Everything went pretty smooth for me. So I've got no reason to not recommend them.
    Jeremy, a bondservant of the Lord.

Today is a good day to die for Christ.

Comment

I've purchased hundreds of dollars of merchandise from CBD and gone to several of their warehouse sales (The seminary I attended was 30 mins away from their warehouse). Now, I only buy from them if Amazon no longer has something in stock. CBD kills you on shipping. That's obviously where they make their profits. It's my biggest gripe with them. There were a few orders I placed where I actually payed more for shipping than for the physical items themselves. If you're intent on buying from them, peruse their sale items.

My suggestion: Pay the annual fee for an Amazon Prime account. Everything you buy is shipped next day and shipping & handling are Free for one year. I can't tell you how much money I've saved over the last 3 years since enrolling. You may object to going through a secular outlet, but it will definitely help you to be a better steward of your finances, especially if you like to read and buy many books annually like me.

Comment

Thanks, both of you. That's what I figured.... the service would be reliable but the shipping would be waaaaay up. I don't object to using secular stores at all.... I use Amazon quite a bit. Occasionally though, they won't have something specific that a specialty store might, and Christianbooks is one such store I figured I'd look into.

Warren Barfield

Comment

I've used them, twice I think, in the past. No problems whatsoever.
          http://www.mychristiansite.com/personal/vision/ <-- My site. Check it out

http://www.freehovind.com Please sign the petition to pardon Kent Hovind.

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeCat View Post
            Thanks, both of you. That's what I figured.... the service would be reliable but the shipping would be waaaaay up. I don't object to using secular stores at all.... I use Amazon quite a bit. Occasionally though, they won't have something specific that a specialty store might, and Christianbooks is one such store I figured I'd look into.
            If you're looking for specific items on Amazon, copy their ISBN numbers from CBD and paste into the advanced search engine. If they're still in print, then they should come up.

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeCat View Post
              If you're looking for specific items on Amazon, copy their ISBN numbers from CBD and paste them into Amazon's 'advanced search' engine under the field marked ISBN. If they're still in print, then they should come up.

Comment

When you say Christian Book do you mean Christian Book Distributor? Just curious. I buy from them all the time. I even go to the warehouse sale since I only live an hour away..awesome sales!
                .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
                .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

Karenoka, it's christianbook.com -- is that Christian Book Distributor? Thanks.

Warren Barfield

Comment

I've ordered there many times and I've been very happy except for the aforementioned shipping costs. I hate shipping costs. At Amazon and Barnes and Noble if you buy more than 25$ worth you get free shipping, though B&N charges tax but it's expedited shipping.
                    sigpic

Comment

I order all my reading material, Christmas cards, and lots of stuff from these people. They ship very fast, and I really think the shipping costs are below other places.

I have always been satisfied in every way!

Check out their "bargain" section! Amazing deals! You won't be disappointed.
                      My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Comment

Thanks everyone! I'm hoping the shipping won't be TOO much coming to Ontario, but I'll see, because I'll give them a shot!

Warren Barfield

Comment

Another company to check into if you don't mind used books is half.com, which is an ebay affiliate.

I've gotten technical books for hubby that were in the $60 to $80 range for under ten bucks apiece.

Note: check published dates carefully, some books have been published more than once and updated in the meantime!

Comment

Thanks, threejane! Yup, those publication dates are sometimes the biggest reason you can GET a book for $5! Further updates are made and places try and get rid of old stock. For anything technical or anything to do with a critical history review/thesis, my personal rule is "don't buy anything older than 3 years". In either field, it seems to go out of date FAST. In terms of literature or philosophy, however, that's a LOT more fluid. And in some cases, timeless.

Warren Barfield

Comment

I've ordered from them twice. They were very good. Shipped quickly, no problems. I'd order from them again :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X