X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help Picking scabs

Do you pick your scabs?

If so, why?

I do, I am not sure why. I do get satisfaction from it. I kinda like seeing the new skin underneath. Wierd I know. Hopefully, I am not the only one.
    Yes
    90.00%
    No
    10.00%
    sigpic

I searched this on the net last night and most sites said it is a form of OCD. That would make sense because I am mildly OCD.

Another site said it is because we view the scab as a foreign object on our body and thus want to remove it. I can relate to that too. I don't like the feel of scabs or anything rough on my skin. I got lots of mosquito bites in the past couple of months and I scratch and scratch till I make them raw, then they scab over. I'm a mess right now. lol
    sigpic

Comment

I do, I have tried to stop but it seems to be unconcious. I used to be a cutter and I think this is just a tranference of that, but who knows. I am trying to get over a staph infection right now and you would think that would stop me, but alas no. I also do hate the feeling of anything rough on my skin. The leg with the staph, all the skin is dying and peeling off. It is driving me nuts and I keep trying to rub it to get the flakes off and pull off the rough skin hanging off.
      Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God,
      will come to know God because they know you.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under".
      ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Hubby always yells at me "don't pick"!!

But, then I like to put hydrogen peroxide on it, then antibiotic ointment and a bandaid.
        sigpic

Comment

Mega YES I have what a gross subject but I stand guilty

But umm maybe only once or twice in my whole life.... haha

Comment

Originally posted by SethElijah View Post
            I do, I have tried to stop but it seems to be unconcious. I used to be a cutter and I think this is just a tranference of that, but who knows. I am trying to get over a staph infection right now and you would think that would stop me, but alas no. I also do hate the feeling of anything rough on my skin. The leg with the staph, all the skin is dying and peeling off. It is driving me nuts and I keep trying to rub it to get the flakes off and pull off the rough skin hanging off.

Oh, I'm sorry.

Are you putting some kind of antibiotic ointment on the infected skin? Did you get the infection from picking?
            As long as it doesn't itch, if I cover it with bandaids, pants or whatever, I don't see it or feel it so I won't pick at it. Have you tried keeping it covered?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley274 View Post
              what a gross subject
              I know, I know...I guess I like gross stuff. Hahaha

One of the reasons my FAVORITE things about being an aesthetician (someone who gives facials) is extracting blackheads! I absolutely LOVE it!!
              Again....very satisfying!
              sigpic

Comment

No, they said I got it shaving my legs. Nicked my skin and it got in that way. I am fanatical about the ointment now, and sanitizer wipes and peroxide. But I still pick.
                Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God,
                will come to know God because they know you.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under".
                ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Truthinlove View Post
                  I know, I know...I guess I like gross stuff. Hahaha

One of the reasons my FAVORITE things about being an aesthetician (someone who gives facials) is extracting blackheads! I absolutely LOVE it!!
                  Again....very satisfying!

Massively loling my head off I do not get paid to do it but I have picked them out of a friend's back a big fat reoccuring one...I had a blackhead under my arm once ...it was HUGE and I loved to see how much ..how big it was ...I am sick hahahaha but shhhhh don't tell anyone I do such things

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley274 View Post
                    Massively loling my head off I do not get paid to do it but I have picked them out of a friend's back a big fat reoccuring one...I had a blackhead under my arm once ...it was HUGE and I loved to see how much ..how big it was ...I am sick hahahaha but shhhhh don't tell anyone I do such things

LOL

I won't, you shhhh about me too since we are both sickos...hahaha
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SethElijah View Post
                      No, they said I got it shaving my legs. Nicked my skin and it got in that way. I am fanatical about the ointment now, and sanitizer wipes and peroxide. But I still pick.
                      Wow, that's scary. At least you are keeping it clean.
                      sigpic

Comment

Um, yes
                        I always end up scratching them off, becuase they itch...
                        sigpic

Comment

I think for me it is that I hate the roughness of it. My 5 year old always reminds me to stop when she sees me doing it too. Sad, huh?
                          Mommy to Brooke, Braden and Bristol

Comment

Well this is an interesting poll.
                            Yes I pick scabs, don't know why.. I just do.

Jeanne
                            Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded declares the Lord, and they (your children) will come back from the land of the enemy. Jeremiah 31:16-17
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you can discover He is the rock at the bottom

All the forces of darkness cannot stop what God has ordained. Isaiah 14:27

Comment

it's still alive

Comment

Working...
                              X