I thought I was going to meet the Lord today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought I was going to meet the Lord today

We went out to dinner this evening. I ordered filet mignon which I never do and it was delicious.
    Anyway I had eaten a piece and swallowed but it got stuck in my throat. I tried to swallow again and it wouldn't move. Then I had a glass of water, and I couldn't breathe. At this point I went into a panic. I jumped out of the booth and my husband jumped up and started doing the heimlech maneuver on me. He was actually lifting me up off the floor and nothing was happening. Then stuff started running out of my nose and I began to throw up on the floor (sorry). A lady in the next booth jumped up and began screaming for someone to call 911. By this time I started getting my air back a little bit and then I was ok.
    I kissed the lady and thanked her and she said "it wasn't your time".

Man,,,, what a scary experience.
    Thank you Lord He allowed me to remain here.
    Now my breastbone hurts.. but I'm alive, that's what counts.

Jeanne
    Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded declares the Lord, and they (your children) will come back from the land of the enemy. Jeremiah 31:16-17
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you can discover He is the rock at the bottom

All the forces of darkness cannot stop what God has ordained. Isaiah 14:27

Originally posted by Jeanne D View Post
    We went out to dinner this evening. I ordered filet mignon which I never do and it was delicious.
    Anyway I had eaten a piece and swallowed but it got stuck in my throat. I tried to swallow again and it wouldn't move. Then I had a glass of water, and I couldn't breathe. At this point I went into a panic. I jumped out of the booth and my husband jumped up and started doing the heimlech maneuver on me. He was actually lifting me up off the floor and nothing was happening. Then stuff started running out of my nose and I began to throw up on the floor (sorry). A lady in the next booth jumped up and began screaming for someone to call 911. By this time I started getting my air back a little bit and then I was ok.

Jeanne
    Wow! How scary! Glad you are alright!

I got a fishbone stuck in my throat a couple years ago. Had to go to the ER. Scary, also...

Thank you, Lord our sister is alright!
    ~ My testimony~

Comment

Praise the Lord, you're oK..I know that was scary!
      John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Comment

Jeanne!!!!!! The only thing funny about this is that you posted it in Anything Goes...isn't that the truth? We just never know what will happen to us from day to day do we.
        Praising our Lord that you are here to tell us about it.

Did you take the rest of your steak home?
        .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
        .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

Thanks everyone...

Karen,
          I will not be eating any kind of steak for a very long time.

Jeanne
          Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded declares the Lord, and they (your children) will come back from the land of the enemy. Jeremiah 31:16-17
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you can discover He is the rock at the bottom

Comment

oh this is terrible. I am so glad you are alright. I guess your dh did it right-thank goodness.
            Cynth

Comment

Glad you're okay but I can't imagine the trauma and the embarrassment!
              Sorry you are sore... many people experiencing this end up with broken ribs etc.

Just wasn't your time.

Comment

I swallowed a hot dog whole once as a kid. Similar experience, except for the heimlich part. Hindsight 20/20, I think I could breathe, but I didn't realize it at the time because I was panicked. It just got stuck in the esophagus until it triggered the gag reflex. But you think it's stuck in the bronchial tube and you don't want to inhale for fear of making it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanne D View Post

Jeanne

That is nice. But what is better dying and going to the Lord or surviving?

Comment

Originally posted by TruthFaith View Post
                    That is nice. But what is better dying and going to the lord or surviving?
                    Surviving so that you can live for the Lord.
                    sigpic

Comment

Of course going to be with the Lord is our ultimate goal, but are you saying my husband should have stood there and allowed me to choke to death?
                      Would you say that if it was one of your loved ones? Would you watch a child (if you have any)gasp for air and stand there saying that they are going to be with the Lord, and do nothing? I don't understand your attitude quite frankly.

Jeanne

Comment

Wait, what? I don't understand what point you are trying to make.

Comment

To live is Christ, to die is gain. (Philippians 1:21)

Comment

Yes 1Pet that is true, but if you were choking and gasping for air, would you just want people to leave you alone and not help you.
                            Are some of you saying I should have just been left to choke to death?

Jeanne

Comment

Jeanne, I would have tried to save you too! If the Lord wanted to take you home at that moment, He could have done so, no matter what your husband did to save you!

Glad the Lord decided to keep you here with us a bit longer!
                              .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
                              .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

Working...
                              X