So... Economy problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... Economy problems...

What can us small time peeps do about it?

Originally posted by Scottizzle View Post
    Amazzin Sings: "Take your money and run...."
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

Originally posted by amazzin View Post
      Amazzin Sings: "Take your money and run...."
      Wow... that should encourage him.

Hey Scottizzle,

There's no question that hard times are... well... hard. The strength we have is in our faith, and in the wisdom contained in the Word. First and foremost, be wise. That's way harder than it sounds... but I think you'll know it when you see it.

For example... now's probably not the time to ring up your credit card buying an i-phone. Whatever money you make, put some in a safe, put some in the bank, put some in other investments. Be very very cautious before going into debt (cars, houses, school, etc). Not all debt is bad... you just have to be really honest about how much you can take on.

Whenever you budget, make sure you leave "'wiggle room". Meaning if you've budged it all and the expenses fit "exactly" into your revenue, you're still somehow going to end up with a minus. Be extra conservative.

Lastly, be strong and be useful. Help people out, and not just when its convenient. Help neighbors out. Help friends out. Help people in the church out. Basically keep your eyes open and help out where its needed. People remember that in hard times.

You're a ponderer Scott, and it doesn't look like you're afraid of hard work. I think you're going to do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
        Wow... that should encourage him.

Hey Scottizzle,

There's no question that hard times are... well... hard. The strength we have is in our faith, and in the wisdom contained in the Word. First and foremost, be wise. That's way harder than it sounds... but I think you'll know it when you see it.

For example... now's probably not the time to ring up your credit card buying an i-phone. Whatever money you make, put some in a safe, put some in the bank, put some in other investments. Be very very cautious before going into debt (cars, houses, school, etc). Not all debt is bad... you just have to be really honest about how much you can take on.

Whenever you budget, make sure you leave "'wiggle room". Meaning if you've budged it all and the expenses fit "exactly" into your revenue, you're still somehow going to end up with a minus. Be extra conservative.

Lastly, be strong and be useful. Help people out, and not just when its convenient. Help neighbors out. Help friends out. Help people in the church out. Basically keep your eyes open and help out where its needed. People remember that in hard times.

You're a ponderer Scott, and it doesn't look like you're afraid of hard work. I think you're going to do fine.
        Dude
        It's tongue in cheek.
        Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

Invest in gold. If things don't start going up, the dollar isn't going to have any value at all.

Comment

Pffftttttt brb going to Mexico.

Comment

Pffftttttt brb going to Mexico.
              Actually Scott,..Canada is a better choice. Their financial markets are some of the best in the western world.
              Amazzin

Comment

Originally posted by amazzin View Post
                Actually Scott,..Canada is a better choice. Their financial markets are some of the best in the western world.

Not for much longer. If you look at Europe they're starting to struggle as well (how many Euro Banks have closed?). It won't be long until it hits Canada.

There really is no escaping it (not to sound all doom and gloom).

Comment

Originally posted by apothanein kerdos View Post
                  Not for much longer. If you look at Europe they're starting to struggle as well (how many Euro Banks have closed?). It won't be long until it hits Canada.

......mmmmmmmmmmmmm should I just remain depressed or how can I get out of this doom and gloom state of mind?

Comment

Originally posted by apothanein kerdos View Post

I'll be sure you don't speak to my staff
                    Amazzin

Comment

Pray. Personally, I'm praying that Christ returns VERY soon....

Comment

......mmmmmmmmmmmmm should I just remain depressed or how can I get out of this doom and gloom state of mind?
                        Its a bit like "not thinking about a pink elephant" isn't it.
                        No... I don't think you should remain depressed. Unfortunately I don't know how you can get out of the D&G (not Dolce & Gabana) state of mind. Continue making wise decisions, love the Lord, and rely on him. Staying depressed about a future we can only imagine? That's walking into the ring wondering when you're going to tap out. Get me?

Comment

Why be depressed? Only in a materialistic society would we become depressed over a lack of wealth. If you work hard and if jobs stay open, you should still be able to afford the necessities. Now, if that collapses...then yeah, you can start to get upset.

I'll be sure you don't speak to my staff
                          Eh, I'm a realist. Plus my dad deals with bankruptcy law and is one of 10 certified experts on it in the United States, so all I've heard since about 2004 is how "in the next 4-6 years, we're going to suffer an economic collapse." I always rolled my eyes, should have listened a bit more.

Comment

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

"This, then, is how you should pray:
                            " 'Our Father in heaven,
                            hallowed be your name,
                            your kingdom come,
                            your will be done
                            on earth as it is in heaven.
                            Give us today our daily bread.
                            Forgive us our debts,
                            as we also have forgiven our debtors.
                            And lead us not into temptation,
                            but deliver us from the evil one.
                            For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Comment

Things aren't good but what good does worrying do? All we can do is put our faith in the Lord. Whether prosperous or impoverished, we're never dished more than we can handle.
                              Jeremy, a bondservant of the Lord.

Today is a good day to die for Christ.

Comment

Working...
                              X