Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mormons?

Hello everyone,

I have a question hopefully someone can answer.

First off I want to stary by saying I am a Christian.

Ok, here's my question..

Two Mormon teenagers keep appearing at my front door every Friday, and they want to teach me about Joseph Smith, but to be honest, I'm not really interested in learning about Mormonism. Simply because I believe Revelation was the end of God's word to the world.

Am I right or wrong?

hmmm, a hotly debated topic. Typically ending up in stalemate, however there are 1 or 2 points to bear in mind her.

Firstly. when Jesus was here... did he ever just reveal himself to just 1 person and tell them to do something without speaking to a load of other people too?

The revalation to which mormons speak is "unconfirmed" which means that he may be telling the truth, but knowing how God works from studying his word, it makes no sense to me why God would choose to reveal himself to just one person.
    www.thelunchtimesermon.blogspot.com

Check it out!

Comment

You are absolutely correct. Pray for the young men, but don't let them into your house! I have been running into Mormons recently, and they can do a lot of damage.
      Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

They can make you question all that you hold dear also. They're words seem like wisdom, but unfortunately for them, it is not grounded in the word of God.... and as I tell my youth, it doesn't measure up to the bible, its not right.

Check it out!

Comment

dont answer the front door
          xPurity Through Resistancex

Straight Edge

Comment

Have you forgotten all that the bible says about Hospitality?

Check it out!

Comment

theres hospitality; but ehn again; if you ask nicely for them not to come back and they still come back; why be hospitable?
              xPurity Through Resistancex

Straight Edge

Comment

read 2 John 9,10,11

Comment

Offer them a beer, they'll stay away.

Comment

Christian Vs Mormon (sorta)

Viewer discretion is advised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtXhSMEzQSs

Comment

Viewer discretion advised - but only if you are Mormon... I'm sorry, but those were two very sad witnesses for Mr. Smith. Shut down in the name of Jesus Christ! Hooohaaa!
                      Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
                      Not second or third, but first.
                      Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
                      when He is the source of all hope,
                      when His love is received and freely given,
                      holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
                      will all other things be added unto to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottizzle View Post
                        Christian Vs Mormon (sorta)

Viewer discretion is advised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtXhSMEzQSs
                        WOW... PWNAGE!!!

That was way cool to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by daughter View Post
                          You are absolutely correct. Pray for the young men, but don't let them into your house! I have been running into Mormons recently, and they can do a lot of damage.

Hello everyone, and thanks for the great responses!! But this one here caught my eye. Reason being, I already let them into my house the very first time they appeared. I was very polite, because I do understand that they worship the same God as me. So I was not mean or hostile in any way. They left me the 'Book of Mormons' and he gave me specific verses to read.. I guess this will convince me, I don't know. Well, whatever the case maybe, I am sticking to what Christianity stands for! And that's to believe Jesus Christ was the word to man from God and no some guy from the 15th century named Joseph Smith.

I know Revelation means, "Uncovering something," but I also believe it was the final chapter of God's word to the human race.

Am I wrong in saying this to a pair of Mormons?

Comment

Instead of battling words for words, and wits for wits... why not just take the simple route of just putting a "No Solicitation" in the window or on the front door?

Comment

Originally posted by Jurell View Post
                              Instead of battling words for words, and wits for wits... why not just take the simple route of just putting a "No Solicitation" in the window or on the front door?
                              I know, you are right. I just don't understand why Christians have to try and convince other Christians. I mean, I'm already a believer.. go bother someone else. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X