Shrimp wrapped in bacon ...
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

Psalms 25:5

Comment

• Re: Do you feel safe here?

Originally posted by Amos_with_goats View Post
      Much is made of the loss (loss of people, loss of quality, loss of discussion)...
      Time for a Jubilee?
      Watchinginawe

I Samuel 3:10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
        Do you mean Charismatic Baptists? I ask because every denomination seems to have a percentage that are charismatic.
        Some go to a Baptist church because it is the most convenient one to attend while they do not buy into all the Baptist doctrines. Some go to the AOG church because they like the worship service there, but they don't accept all the doctrines taught there.

Many of those also do home church in their own homes to study what the Bible really says. We don't often find a church that seems right in all things.
        Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.
        George Orwell

www.r2ucv.com

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
          Some go to a Baptist church because it is the most convenient one to attend while they do not buy into all the Baptist doctrines. Some go to the AOG church because they like the worship service there, but they don't accept all the doctrines taught there.

Many of those also do home church in their own homes to study what the Bible really says. We don't often find a church that seems right in all things.
          I have found that there are differences in doctrine and perspective even among the smallest groups. There are home churches that are into absolute heresy being led by rebellious wolves that left the large churches because they were not exalted into leadership.Then there are some that are nothing more than a donut and coffee social gathering. Home churches have problems as well as larger gatherings. If you have been to enough of them and been in the movement long enough these problems are easy to see. I don't "do" home church because their studies lead them into total truth. I doubt if most of us will ever come to that before the Lord comes. I "do" it for two reasons. One is the intimacy of fellowship,the other being building a survival model that can survive the soon to come persecution.
          Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

Comment

Originally posted by shepherdsword View Post
            I have found that there are differences in doctrine and perspective even among the smallest groups. There are home churches that are into absolute heresy being led by rebellious wolves that left the large churches because they were not exalted into leadership.Then there are some that are nothing more than a donut and coffee social gathering. Home churches have problems as well as larger gatherings. If you have been to enough of them and been in the movement long enough these problems are easy to see. I don't "do" home church because their studies lead them into total truth. I doubt if most of us will ever come to that before the Lord comes. I "do" it for two reasons. One is the intimacy of fellowship,the other being building a survival model that can survive the soon to come persecution.
            Your picture-perfect post captures the reality of the situation. What you said should go without saying but perceptions vary.

I know of one medium-sized church, based on the Roman/Reformed Catholic model, that has emergency plans in place for the coming persecution. They will forum numerous, smaller groups, such as yours, in that event.

Persecution aside, your perspective is worth serious consideration for those who may have previously looked askance at what you captured with that concise, accurate post. It is most applicable to adherents of 1 Corinthians 12:8-10, Ephesians 4:7-13 and Romans 12:3-8 – that is to say the body of Christ (Heb.10:25). “Evidence For A First Century ‘Tenement Church" faithalone.org/journal/2011i/Niemela-6.pdf .
            "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God...." - 1 John 5:1. "Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world " - John 11:25-27.

Comment

Originally posted by watchinginawe View Post
              I have known you to participate very enthusiastically in the permitted forums though, so it isn't a "personal" kind of thing where you are shy to share as in reveal your true beliefs.

Are you made to feel like a second class citizen here because of the posting rules? I don't think the rules have ever changed in intent though, so it isn't like the rules were changed and the rug was suddenly snatched out from under an otherwise promising posting career. But maybe Amos is referring to interpretation of the rules and the resulting administration or something. That definitely changes with changes in administration. For example, long ago, threads on evolution were allowed. I believe even atheists participated, or maybe it was the fav of the Christians Answer forum. Something like that. Then, discussions on evolution weren't allowed. Then they were allowed among Christians in Apologetics or Contro only. And so forth. Through the years, I would also say that the forums have become more "serious" and doctrinally minded and less on the jovial fellowship/friendship side. This is probably also a result of how the forums are administrated.
              I can't say I am made to feel like a second class citizen, really never thought about it like that before. I feel I don't really have a place where I belong, I am between worlds as it were though much closer to Traditional Christianity. I am neither Catholic, Orthodox, or Protestant. I am in a forum limbo because every Christian forum I feel like I don't belong . I once started my own forum but lacked traffic and I always end up coming back to my old haunts like here

I can say I believe in Traditional Christianity, the Real Presence in the Eucharist, the Saints, Ex Nihilo Creation, profess the Nicene Creed and to throw more into the mix I am a partial Preterist. Your right I was vigorous here but scaled way back because I don't want to break any rules

Comment

I voted " kind of ". Because it is simply wisdom that what we share on a public entity is to be guarded. And as SLUG stated in his experiences, " those who want to do nothing but tear up the thread because God don't move in such a way in their church" I have not had this happen here but I have back in the day. I am a firm believer in 1 Corinthians 12:4-11, 1 Corinthians 12:28 . Because the spiritual gifts identified in Romans 12 are prophesying, serving, teaching, encouraging, giving, leadership, and mercy are still in place. My position is that we have restricted what God wants to give us, and how HE manifest Himself, by our belief's.
                I am a lot more open in this ministry than those prior.

Comment

Originally posted by shepherdsword View Post
                  Our Lord Jesus always seems to give you the explicit expressions that hit the heart. And I so agree with you of the persecution that is to come. It is well into makings now. I never stated this in 25 years as I did not know. But about 7 years ago, Holy Spirit spoke to me " It has begun". And a vision of Global Christian persecution. In that vision was the large number of professed Christians, Leaders in the church , who turn against God and their brothers and sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by Amos_with_goats View Post
                    Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."
                    Hi Amos. I saw a cool goat picture the other day I think you would have appreciated.
                    Decided to look back a bit here.
                    Peace to you!

It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

1 Corinthians 1:30

Comment

I am new here and I didn't come with the intention of sharing personal information or of making requests for prayer. If I felt a special need for prayer I would ask my face to face friends first. So I voted No, I wish I felt more able to share here. because there wasn't a simple No, that is not what I am primarily here for. and because when I posted some information from standard written history about printed and hand copied bible in Latin before 1517 AD and followed up with additional information about the pre-reformation Catholic council of Florence and the local council of Hippo in 393 AD as setting for Catholics the canon that included the seven books mentioned but not named in the first post of the thread I replied to there was a rapid warning reply and when I posted in a different thread a personal observation that the people who I know who are most end-times oriented are Jehovah's witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists, and Hebrew Roots Movement and Restored Hebrew Names movement people and that they also appear to place a high priority on holiness in living one's life I also received an almost immediate warning reply. Neither post was aimed at breaking any rule and as far as I can tell no rule is broken by posting truthful historical information or honest personal observations. So I feel that whatever is posted has to be posted with guarded words and very little factual information if the factual information may not quite fit with the ethos here.

Comment

Working...
                      X