Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what to do with a seemingly never ending prayer list.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to do with a seemingly never ending prayer list.

Seemingly every day my prayer list is getting longer. I seem to be adding new people to it every day. Various family members for a variety of reasons, from unbelief to comfort, healing and strength. Various friends ranging from unbelief, to helping them find a job, to comfort and strength. Our political leaders, our country as a whole, various acquaintances from various platforms, complete strangers who I do not even know more than from sight (specifically a homeless man who was wandering around my store last night).

Every time I pray, I go through my list and hope I do not miss anyone as they are all important to me regardless of ties. I can start a physical list and carry that with me, which wouldn't be a bad idea. But I feel I would get depressed seeing my list grow and grow. There are just so many people.

I guess my one flaw (and it's not really a flaw) is that I care too much about people and everything they are going through even if I have no idea who they are.

I have to admit that at times it does get me down and gets me depressed at how long my prayer list is. I feel their pains and burdens. When they hurt, I hurt.

does anyone else have a prayer list that seems to grow daily?

Re: what to do with a seemingly never ending prayer list.

Yes..........., keep on believing, never doubting, and never stop praying, and thank God that he has given us the strength to feel their burdens and pains.
    It takes love to embrace those ones who are weak, and strength to endure the weakness, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Comment

God know what you ask even before you do. Just pray and God does the rest.

Great job towards prayer.
      Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.Matt 5:6

I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
      And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
      Matt 25:46

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith,
      and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
      1 Tim 6:10

Comment

Added four people in the last two days. One long time friend, one new friend, one child of a new friend and a long time acquaintance.

I started a book just to keep track

Comment

Working...
        X